Stephane Marais Loose Powder

No Image

4.7

on 4/9/2007 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Wow! Discontinued? I must be lucky as I can still buy this product where I live, in the Middle East. Perhaps it's old stock or perhaps they still make it for this market. Anyway, I am a huge fan of this feathery-light powder, which seems to glide on my skin and allows me to wear no makeup at all and still look polished! I'd better stock up!!

on 9/14/2005 10:55:00 AM

I think that this is a very nice powder, finely milled, etc., however, after carefully comparing the two products, I cannot honestly say that it is really any better than my Palladio rice powder. The SM powder is pricey at $40, though I got it for half the price at Barney's since it is being discontinued. For all you ladies that are hooked on the Stephane Marais, I would encourage you to try the Palladio's, which is only $5. What can you lose?

on 8/11/2005 10:57:00 PM

Beautiful silky finishing powder. This was a bittersweet find, as I know that this will be my one and only canister -- and when it's gone, it's gone. For now, it is the most finely milled powder I've ever used, with a very natural, softening finish. This doesn't just set your makeup - it flatters the contours of your face.

on 7/19/2005 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is an excellent powder! I may have to stock up as SM is being discontinued. It's very soft and light and not noticeable at all, just gives a nice finish over foundation. I haven't tried the puff, I think all loose powders work better with a powder brush (I find that no matter what puff I use I always wind up looking cakey) and it looks totally natural. I'm very oily and it doesn't increase the oiliness in my skin. While it doesn't help me stay as matte as BE Mineral Veil, it looks a ton more natural and feels better on my skin, and I do stay shine-free for a few hours anyway. And the packaging can't be beat!

I adore this stuff. I bought it when I heard the line was being discontinued because I remembered that I had tried it once and loved it. I have this in #1, which is light, but it has just enough yellow to make it work for my NW20 skin. It's got a super-fine, silky quality and the puff it comes with is sublime. I don't need much to make this work on me, and I just adore it! Ohhhh I wish it wasn't going away! I have bought two of these though...so my loose powder toll is up to 3 circulating!

This powder is very finely milled and just looks perfect on the skin. I love the unique designs on the packaging of Stephane Marais, however I find it very difficult to get any product out. It is very difficult to get the powder out from underneath the holes. When I shake it out, it either spills or tends to clump together on the side of the container. I think the powder puff that comes with it is great quality and I love that it can fit inside the container. Despite the difficulties I've had, I would buy again because the powder's quality is superb. I may buy backups b/c it is being discontinued.

on 5/22/2005 6:10:00 AM

Stephane Marais is probably my best cosmetic "find" since Shu Uemura. I love the packaging and the products are amazing...and I am very very hard to impress. The price points are reasonable (I will buy the most expensive and cheapest products, as long as they're the best!). This is a great loose powder. Normally, I am not a big fan of loose powder in general (I prefer powder foundation for a smoother finish) but I used this today and I loved it! I purchased #2 which would be a great color for light/medium yellow or neutral skin tones. The puff is so luxurious! You should only use a small amount, rub into the puff and press onto the skin for the best results. If you rub it into the skin (like any other loose powder) it will give a cakey look. It did a great job at setting my foundation (I used his Fluid O4 and Creme O2, Concealer 4). Better than any loose powder on the market (although the Kevyn Aucoin loose powder is beautiful too...but only 2 colors and substantially more expensive).

on 6/3/2005 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I thought Laura Mercier loose power was good, well not anymore until I found this !! Much much better than LM it gives you a very illuminous finish the reflective particles/glitters sort of "cut off" the edges of my nose/jaw and "re-define" my features, people who knows me commented that the shape of my nose/face somehow looks better, little did they know.... Other than this it manages to keep my foundation in place even during hot sticky summer days no touch ups required. Will definitely re-purchase. The price is reasonable slightly more expensive than LM, packaging is good very user friendly, a box will last you around 1 year definitely worth buying.

on 5/24/2005 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have no idea what is in this powder to get the texture to be so silky, so barely there, yet so there, but I LOVE it! I doubt that it has any talc in it, maybe rice powder? Anyway, over ANY kind of foundation (esp the SM Cream one) it does the most amazine job of luminizing my skin (without any kind of sparkles) and making me look incredibly fresh!

on 4/23/2005 11:27:00 AM

As everyone says, this is a very very finely milled powder. It feels weightless on the skin. Unfortunately, it highlights every single flaw in my skin and makeup, the first time I put this on at home I had to wash the entire face off and start over because it looked like my entire face was about to start peeling. Now, one might be tempted to say it's my skin and not the powder, so I did a test, using the Marais on one side of my face and my Armani Micro-fil on the other, and... the Micro-fil made my face look absolutely flawless, while the side with the Marais looked cracked, cakey, and heavy.

It's really too bad because this stuff feels like a dream. I notice many glowing reviews on here and I wonder if it's just my dry skin that's not working well with it. If any of you have unsuccessfully tried T.LeClerc's powders, that's the result I get. continued >>