RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Kasbah

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

My new FAV Rimmel lipstick...I love my Kate Moss 14 and my Heather Shimmer (been wearing that one since the 90's, I'm old lol)...I had NO idea they made this one, or just ignored it for too long. I'm (East) Indian, so it comes off as a nude orange / peach-esque color on my lips. But I love it!! I've soooo many oranges in my collection, but this one just is now my every-day go-to as it's not red orange like my Maybelline. Love the packaging since they now have the click so that the lid closes firmly. I also love the smell of the Rimmel lipsticks. Even if / when orange goes out of style, I will STILL wear this lipstick as it suits me! Oh, and I paid a mere 4.99 for it as well :)

on 5/15/2014 11:49:00 PM

Kasbah is a desert sort of color, entirely unique. It is a medium brown-orange on me, and looks more flattering than the more typical nude colors that sometimes look ashy on me. Kasbah is somewhat like a bronze but without the shimmer or frost common to bronze lipsticks. It resembles a somewhat pinker shade of Revlon's Sandlewood Beige. It's a sultry sort of color that can compliment a variety of skin tones. For me this is the perfect late summer/fall shade. I haven't seen this color around in quite awhile so I hope it's not discontinued. The staying power is excellent, and the feel of the lipstick going on hits the spot (not too slick, not too waxy). Rimmel has thought everything through on this Lasting Finish line, right down to the mild, unobtrusive scent. This is a keeper in my collection.

Love this lipstick!! On my lips, it's a lovely terracotta shade, not as bright as what you see in the user photo (possibly because of flash?). This wears well with Rimmel Wild Clover lipliner (which is my HG).
This was recommend on a color analysis blog as a good option to consider if you are an autumn (which I am). The look is "made up but still natural"...not natural as in you don't notice it, but natural as in the color belongs on me, if that makes sense.

Popular wisdom says blue-ish lippies whiten your teeth (which is true) but they don't always look great one me. this is a nude/orange/rose mix and it brightens up my face and makes my teeth look whiter.
LOVE LOVE the formula...not greasy or thick, it really feels like I'm not even wearing lipstick!! Doesn't seem to make lip lines more noticeable and it's got a slight sheen without being frosty/shimmery or slippery.

Deducted 1 lippie for the scent and taste...not a fan of scented lippies unless they are peppermint. This has a bake shop smell...can't tell if it's meant to be caramel or cupcake.The packaging is super light and cheap but the price point and the beautiful color are fantastic!

on 8/5/2010 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I've been trying to branch out lately with L/S colors but always seem to gravitate (and purchase) basically the same thing. I was determined to try something different when I spotted this shade. And to think I almost passed it by...Yikes! I LOVE IT!!! This color is hard to describe but it's like a nude shade with the volume turned way up. There is an orange cast but more like a reddish brick tone (not too red) that really flatters. More warm, I think. Strange... because this just lights up my cool (NW25) toned complexion. The staying power is pretty good and it doesn't bleed. Way more hydrating than many of the other lipstick brands I've tried.The smell is kinda funky...like the lipsticks of long ago but not unpleasant. All and all I love this lipstick and will repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Kasbah is a perfect mix of red and orange for a wearable terracotta shade with a little shimmer too. I did my foundation, powder and cheek color before putting on my lipstick and noticed that the lipstick alone brought enough color to my face that I could pair it with a bare / neutral eye. Perfect pop of color for when you don't have time to do your eyemakeup.

This looks really pretty with Revlon SL l/g in Lifes a Peach. It turns into a bright coral/pink shade!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This colour is SO beautiful on for me. Goes on a nice reddish-brown with golden shimmer. Not too dark either, layers nice. I love to wear this with Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Nude Lustre to give it more of a nice matte look. Both looks are my favorite though. I can't wait to get another one!!