RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Kasbah

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/15/2014 11:49:00 PM

Kasbah is a desert sort of color, entirely unique. It is a medium brown-orange on me, and looks more flattering than the more typical nude colors that sometimes look ashy on me. Kasbah is somewhat like a bronze but without the shimmer or frost common to bronze lipsticks. It resembles a somewhat pinker shade of Revlon's Sandlewood Beige. It's a sultry sort of color that can compliment a variety of skin tones. For me this is the perfect late summer/fall shade. I haven't seen this color around in quite awhile so I hope it's not discontinued. The staying power is excellent, and the feel of the lipstick going on hits the spot (not too slick, not too waxy). Rimmel has thought everything through on this Lasting Finish line, right down to the mild, unobtrusive scent. This is a keeper in my collection.

on 9/13/2013 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I'm in love with this colour! It's so flattering and makes my teeth stand out and look super white. It's flattering on everyone. My only con is that is does feel a bit drying however for the price I feel that this lipstick really does deliver. This will be a staple in my makeup bag forever.

on 3/29/2012 10:54:00 PM

On me this lipstick looks like burnt orange/terracotta with a satin finish. If you look good in Revlon Sandalwood Beige or NYX Herades you should look good in this. Although I prefer unfragranced products the fragrance is inoffensive, a sort of butterscotch taste and smell. Lasting power is not great but for the price that's not really an issue.

Love it. The texture is so nice! I wouldn't say this color would be flattering on everyone (especially those with tanned skin, it's too orangey for that), but I love the nude-orange-pinkish color. I would definitely buy this again!

on 11/13/2009 4:52:00 PM

Edit: I realized that this is WAY too warm/dark for me. Also, the scent got very irritating... too sickly sweet.

I am neutral-leaning-to-warm NC25, Asian. On my not-so-pigmented lips, this is a beautiful, warm, shimmer-free terracotta. I use very little of this lipstick because it's so pigmented. The scent is a little overwhelming, but I can deal.

on 9/1/2008 9:14:00 AM

I got this because in VerdantGreen's pic, it was a beautiful soft orangey-red. I needed it. However, when I got it, it's more of a warm pink with a bit of orange and appears more opaque than in her pic. Strange. I still like it though. It's a nice natural-lipcolor-with-a-kick on me (super yellowy asian).
I'm not digging the scent though. It's pretty strong and smells like SweetTarts.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have olive skin and dark hair and eyes, and this is the perfect spicy orange color for me. It flatters my coloring, and it isn't too matte. It's creamy, it doesn't bleed, and it's reasonably long lasting too. You can get it on sale for a few dollars at Walgreen's, and it's a great deal. Definitely recommend.

on 5/10/2008 11:56:00 PM

I just got the new 8 hour version, which I very much like, but it seems to be missing the gold sparkle mentioned in earlier reviews. The color is even more flattering than I imagined, as I was alittle nervous of the "orange" but it compliments my skin tone perfectly.

***PIC INCLUDED***

This is my first Rimmel lipstick. Kasbah looks like a warm spicy neutral in the tube, but goes on a bit stronger than you think it would. The orange tones are more predominant, although not garishly so, and actually I think the color is quite flattering (I'm fair/med Asian). It looks really nice lined with Spice (also by Rimmel), although in my picture I didn't use it for purity's sake. The texture is very nice when applied, creamy and smooth. There isn't any strong taste/smell IMO...but I'm not really picky about that kind of thing unless it smells really bad o_O Lasting power is quite good but also somewhat drying if applied alone.

Here is a picture of it on, since no one has shared any RL pics yet:

continued >>

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

wonderful color. not too glittery/frosty and not too matte. this is a "julianne moore" color. perfect for natural redheads !!! not too orange but not too brown either. looks really natural on, and does not make my lips look dry like some LS do.