Rimmel Lasting Finish - Kasbah

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/15/2014 11:49:00 PM

Kasbah is a desert sort of color, entirely unique. It is a medium brown-orange on me, and looks more flattering than the more typical nude colors that sometimes look ashy on me. Kasbah is somewhat like a bronze but without the shimmer or frost common to bronze lipsticks. It resembles a somewhat pinker shade of Revlon's Sandlewood Beige. It's a sultry sort of color that can compliment a variety of skin tones. For me this is the perfect late summer/fall shade. I haven't seen this color around in quite awhile so I hope it's not discontinued. The staying power is excellent, and the feel of the lipstick going on hits the spot (not too slick, not too waxy). Rimmel has thought everything through on this Lasting Finish line, right down to the mild, unobtrusive scent. This is a keeper in my collection.

on 9/13/2013 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I'm in love with this colour! It's so flattering and makes my teeth stand out and look super white. It's flattering on everyone. My only con is that is does feel a bit drying however for the price I feel that this lipstick really does deliver. This will be a staple in my makeup bag forever.

Love this lipstick!! On my lips, it's a lovely terracotta shade, not as bright as what you see in the user photo (possibly because of flash?). This wears well with Rimmel Wild Clover lipliner (which is my HG).
This was recommend on a color analysis blog as a good option to consider if you are an autumn (which I am). The look is "made up but still natural"...not natural as in you don't notice it, but natural as in the color belongs on me, if that makes sense.

Popular wisdom says blue-ish lippies whiten your teeth (which is true) but they don't always look great one me. this is a nude/orange/rose mix and it brightens up my face and makes my teeth look whiter.
LOVE LOVE the formula...not greasy or thick, it really feels like I'm not even wearing lipstick!! Doesn't seem to make lip lines more noticeable and it's got a slight sheen without being frosty/shimmery or slippery.

Deducted 1 lippie for the scent and taste...not a fan of scented lippies unless they are peppermint. This has a bake shop smell...can't tell if it's meant to be caramel or cupcake.The packaging is super light and cheap but the price point and the beautiful color are fantastic!

on 3/29/2012 10:54:00 PM

On me this lipstick looks like burnt orange/terracotta with a satin finish. If you look good in Revlon Sandalwood Beige or NYX Herades you should look good in this. Although I prefer unfragranced products the fragrance is inoffensive, a sort of butterscotch taste and smell. Lasting power is not great but for the price that's not really an issue.

Love it. The texture is so nice! I wouldn't say this color would be flattering on everyone (especially those with tanned skin, it's too orangey for that), but I love the nude-orange-pinkish color. I would definitely buy this again!

on 9/1/2008 9:14:00 AM

I got this because in VerdantGreen's pic, it was a beautiful soft orangey-red. I needed it. However, when I got it, it's more of a warm pink with a bit of orange and appears more opaque than in her pic. Strange. I still like it though. It's a nice natural-lipcolor-with-a-kick on me (super yellowy asian).
I'm not digging the scent though. It's pretty strong and smells like SweetTarts.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have olive skin and dark hair and eyes, and this is the perfect spicy orange color for me. It flatters my coloring, and it isn't too matte. It's creamy, it doesn't bleed, and it's reasonably long lasting too. You can get it on sale for a few dollars at Walgreen's, and it's a great deal. Definitely recommend.

on 5/10/2008 11:56:00 PM

I just got the new 8 hour version, which I very much like, but it seems to be missing the gold sparkle mentioned in earlier reviews. The color is even more flattering than I imagined, as I was alittle nervous of the "orange" but it compliments my skin tone perfectly.

***PIC INCLUDED***

This is my first Rimmel lipstick. Kasbah looks like a warm spicy neutral in the tube, but goes on a bit stronger than you think it would. The orange tones are more predominant, although not garishly so, and actually I think the color is quite flattering (I'm fair/med Asian). It looks really nice lined with Spice (also by Rimmel), although in my picture I didn't use it for purity's sake. The texture is very nice when applied, creamy and smooth. There isn't any strong taste/smell IMO...but I'm not really picky about that kind of thing unless it smells really bad o_O Lasting power is quite good but also somewhat drying if applied alone.

Here is a picture of it on, since no one has shared any RL pics yet:

continued >>

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

wonderful color. not too glittery/frosty and not too matte. this is a "julianne moore" color. perfect for natural redheads !!! not too orange but not too brown either. looks really natural on, and does not make my lips look dry like some LS do.