Rimmel Lasting Finish - Kasbah

Rimmel Lasting Finish - Kasbah

4.3

on 8/11/2014 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This colour shows up as a nudey, peachy apricot on me. It is my go-to peach shade that doesn't wash me out. The formula is most similar to a satin, and it gives pretty opaque coverage. Skin tones NC40 and darker will find this to be a nice peach nude, on lighter tones, this may read as a terracotta shade.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

My new FAV Rimmel lipstick...I love my Kate Moss 14 and my Heather Shimmer (been wearing that one since the 90's, I'm old lol)...I had NO idea they made this one, or just ignored it for too long. I'm (East) Indian, so it comes off as a nude orange / peach-esque color on my lips. But I love it!! I've soooo many oranges in my collection, but this one just is now my every-day go-to as it's not red orange like my Maybelline. Love the packaging since they now have the click so that the lid closes firmly. I also love the smell of the Rimmel lipsticks. Even if / when orange goes out of style, I will STILL wear this lipstick as it suits me! Oh, and I paid a mere 4.99 for it as well :)

on 5/15/2014 11:49:00 PM

Kasbah is a desert sort of color, entirely unique. It is a medium brown-orange on me, and looks more flattering than the more typical nude colors that sometimes look ashy on me. Kasbah is somewhat like a bronze but without the shimmer or frost common to bronze lipsticks. It resembles a somewhat pinker shade of Revlon's Sandlewood Beige. It's a sultry sort of color that can compliment a variety of skin tones. For me this is the perfect late summer/fall shade. I haven't seen this color around in quite awhile so I hope it's not discontinued. The staying power is excellent, and the feel of the lipstick going on hits the spot (not too slick, not too waxy). Rimmel has thought everything through on this Lasting Finish line, right down to the mild, unobtrusive scent. This is a keeper in my collection.

Love this lipstick!! On my lips, it's a lovely terracotta shade, not as bright as what you see in the user photo (possibly because of flash?). This wears well with Rimmel Wild Clover lipliner (which is my HG).
This was recommend on a color analysis blog as a good option to consider if you are an autumn (which I am). The look is "made up but still natural"...not natural as in you don't notice it, but natural as in the color belongs on me, if that makes sense.

Popular wisdom says blue-ish lippies whiten your teeth (which is true) but they don't always look great one me. this is a nude/orange/rose mix and it brightens up my face and makes my teeth look whiter.
LOVE LOVE the formula...not greasy or thick, it really feels like I'm not even wearing lipstick!! Doesn't seem to make lip lines more noticeable and it's got a slight sheen without being frosty/shimmery or slippery.

Deducted 1 lippie for the scent and taste...not a fan of scented lippies unless they are peppermint. This has a bake shop smell...can't tell if it's meant to be caramel or cupcake.The packaging is super light and cheap but the price point and the beautiful color are fantastic!

on 4/14/2012 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This lipstick is does not flatter my NC44 complexion at all! It really makes me look sick. I'm going to classify this shade as in the orange family, like a burnt orange color. Hopefully it will look better when I darken up in the summer because I don't want to throw it away.

on 3/29/2012 10:54:00 PM

On me this lipstick looks like burnt orange/terracotta with a satin finish. If you look good in Revlon Sandalwood Beige or NYX Herades you should look good in this. Although I prefer unfragranced products the fragrance is inoffensive, a sort of butterscotch taste and smell. Lasting power is not great but for the price that's not really an issue.

on 3/22/2011 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I can't believe that I never did this review . this is a very pretty color but it can be tricky . Its very sexy , very innocent , very sophisticated IF you can handle the orange .

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Well, I wouldn't buy it again, but that is no fault of the formula. It's creamy and comfortable, and the wear is longer than average. The color is lovely a terracotta to me. Unfortunately it reads a bit too orange on me and makes my face just look slightly off....I'm fair neutral leaning to cool, with blue-gray eyes and dark blond hair.

What I do love is to mix this lippy in with another, cooler and more pink shade, and it becomes just perfect. I'll hang on to it for that!

on 11/13/2009 4:52:00 PM

Edit: I realized that this is WAY too warm/dark for me. Also, the scent got very irritating... too sickly sweet.

I am neutral-leaning-to-warm NC25, Asian. On my not-so-pigmented lips, this is a beautiful, warm, shimmer-free terracotta. I use very little of this lipstick because it's so pigmented. The scent is a little overwhelming, but I can deal.

on 9/1/2008 9:14:00 AM

I got this because in VerdantGreen's pic, it was a beautiful soft orangey-red. I needed it. However, when I got it, it's more of a warm pink with a bit of orange and appears more opaque than in her pic. Strange. I still like it though. It's a nice natural-lipcolor-with-a-kick on me (super yellowy asian).
I'm not digging the scent though. It's pretty strong and smells like SweetTarts.