Rimmel Lasting Finish - Kasbah

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/8/2013 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I picked this up from walgreens for $3.49. I was hoping the color would pull some pink tones in it but on me it's mostly orange. I am very fairy and cool toned so it's not quite the right shade for me. I still use it by dabbing it on with my finger over pinkish lip balm and it looks really cute. I also dab it on my cheeks sometimes. It does have a scent, I can't really put my finger on it, but it's not really offensive. The packaging is super cheap and I'm afraid the cap will come off in my purse. Overall, I'm making use of it but would not repurchase the shade

on 3/28/2011 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Kasbah is one of my favorite lipsticks ever. I love the peachy apricot
color, creamy texture, price, everything. Has a taste sort of like
Dr. Pepper. Some comparable colors I have in other lines are
Sandalwood Beige by Revlon, and BE Sweet Apricot.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Well, I wouldn't buy it again, but that is no fault of the formula. It's creamy and comfortable, and the wear is longer than average. The color is lovely a terracotta to me. Unfortunately it reads a bit too orange on me and makes my face just look slightly off....I'm fair neutral leaning to cool, with blue-gray eyes and dark blond hair.

What I do love is to mix this lippy in with another, cooler and more pink shade, and it becomes just perfect. I'll hang on to it for that!

on 11/13/2009 4:52:00 PM

Edit: I realized that this is WAY too warm/dark for me. Also, the scent got very irritating... too sickly sweet.

I am neutral-leaning-to-warm NC25, Asian. On my not-so-pigmented lips, this is a beautiful, warm, shimmer-free terracotta. I use very little of this lipstick because it's so pigmented. The scent is a little overwhelming, but I can deal.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Kasbah is a perfect mix of red and orange for a wearable terracotta shade with a little shimmer too. I did my foundation, powder and cheek color before putting on my lipstick and noticed that the lipstick alone brought enough color to my face that I could pair it with a bare / neutral eye. Perfect pop of color for when you don't have time to do your eyemakeup.

This looks really pretty with Revlon SL l/g in Lifes a Peach. It turns into a bright coral/pink shade!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

wow another winner from rimmel. color me impressed their lipstick line is to die for. this color is just divine. it's like this pretty gold like peach. not sure how else to describe it but it really compliments my nc15 skin and red hair. lovely! wear is pretty good and i haven't noticed any bleeding when paired wtih a lipliner.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Beautiful Terracotta shade...but runs more orange on my pigmented lips..not complaining though because orange looks fantastic on me!!! This brings out the light gold/brown flecks in my honey colored eyes....AMAZING!!! I like to wear this with a natural looking eye though...because it overpowers my light olive complexion if I put heavy eye makeup with this shade.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Just noticed that Rimmel is discontinuing its lipstick line (basically to replace it with an "updated" one). *sigh* Hope Kasbah stays in the lineup, because it is both unique and lovely. This is a shade for warm-skinned women; it has strong golden/orange undertones. How to describe it? Rather like a caramelized peach dipped in molten brass. A fiery, luminescent hue that brightens fair skins and would complement darker skins in a more subtle way. I love it; it's a staple! (But I'm not nutty about the heavy, cheap perfume; maybe Rimmel will tone down the scent in this next incarnation of lipsticks!)

on 5/4/2005 7:37:00 PM

A lipstick that goes on very smoothly. Very classy packaging too, and at a reasonable price. Personally, I felt that this color - an orange-brown with a hint of pink, was a little loud on my warm PPP skin, although it was a *very nice* color and complemented my skin - gave my cheeks a hint of glow. But it's not the type of shade you can put on with an 'unmade' face. I'm more used to neutral, lighter shades, so I'll be using this only on certain occasions. In the meantime, am still looking for a good, casual, everyday shade. UPDATE 05/10/05: I found a way to tone down this color to a lovely peach - I apply a layer of Mark's Fresh Kiss Nekkid lipstick (a nude brown) and then Kasbah, and it ends up looking very beautiful!