Rimmel Lasting Finish - Kasbah

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

***PIC INCLUDED***

This is my first Rimmel lipstick. Kasbah looks like a warm spicy neutral in the tube, but goes on a bit stronger than you think it would. The orange tones are more predominant, although not garishly so, and actually I think the color is quite flattering (I'm fair/med Asian). It looks really nice lined with Spice (also by Rimmel), although in my picture I didn't use it for purity's sake. The texture is very nice when applied, creamy and smooth. There isn't any strong taste/smell IMO...but I'm not really picky about that kind of thing unless it smells really bad o_O Lasting power is quite good but also somewhat drying if applied alone.

Here is a picture of it on, since no one has shared any RL pics yet:

continued >>

on 5/15/2014 11:49:00 PM

Kasbah is a desert sort of color, entirely unique. It is a medium brown-orange on me, and looks more flattering than the more typical nude colors that sometimes look ashy on me. Kasbah is somewhat like a bronze but without the shimmer or frost common to bronze lipsticks. It resembles a somewhat pinker shade of Revlon's Sandlewood Beige. It's a sultry sort of color that can compliment a variety of skin tones. For me this is the perfect late summer/fall shade. I haven't seen this color around in quite awhile so I hope it's not discontinued. The staying power is excellent, and the feel of the lipstick going on hits the spot (not too slick, not too waxy). Rimmel has thought everything through on this Lasting Finish line, right down to the mild, unobtrusive scent. This is a keeper in my collection.

on 3/28/2011 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Kasbah is one of my favorite lipsticks ever. I love the peachy apricot
color, creamy texture, price, everything. Has a taste sort of like
Dr. Pepper. Some comparable colors I have in other lines are
Sandalwood Beige by Revlon, and BE Sweet Apricot.

on 8/5/2010 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I've been trying to branch out lately with L/S colors but always seem to gravitate (and purchase) basically the same thing. I was determined to try something different when I spotted this shade. And to think I almost passed it by...Yikes! I LOVE IT!!! This color is hard to describe but it's like a nude shade with the volume turned way up. There is an orange cast but more like a reddish brick tone (not too red) that really flatters. More warm, I think. Strange... because this just lights up my cool (NW25) toned complexion. The staying power is pretty good and it doesn't bleed. Way more hydrating than many of the other lipstick brands I've tried.The smell is kinda funky...like the lipsticks of long ago but not unpleasant. All and all I love this lipstick and will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a wonderful warm terracotta color that compliments my asian NC30ish skin wonderfully. Rimmel's lipstick packaging has gotten a major facelift and they now come packaged in a sleek reddish brown plastic case with a little crown embossed in the top of the cap--very cute! There is a slight flowery smell but it's nothing overpowering at all and certainly much, much better than the old fragrance of Rimmel lipsticks, which was so reminiscent of baby powder that I could not stand wearing them.

This lipstick is richly pigmented and long-wearing but it can be very drying and if I'm not careful this will accentuate even the slightest bit of flaking on my lips! That's the only reason I give this a three. The color itself is easily a four or higher...I just wish it were more moisturizing!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Just noticed that Rimmel is discontinuing its lipstick line (basically to replace it with an "updated" one). *sigh* Hope Kasbah stays in the lineup, because it is both unique and lovely. This is a shade for warm-skinned women; it has strong golden/orange undertones. How to describe it? Rather like a caramelized peach dipped in molten brass. A fiery, luminescent hue that brightens fair skins and would complement darker skins in a more subtle way. I love it; it's a staple! (But I'm not nutty about the heavy, cheap perfume; maybe Rimmel will tone down the scent in this next incarnation of lipsticks!)

I was wary about buying this lipstick because in the tube, under the fluorescent lights of the drugstore, this color looked way too orange/frosty for me. But after reading the reviews here, I decided to give it a go and I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised.

Kasbah is a beautiful warm, medium peachy/coral color with some orange and some pink. There is some shimmer to it but it is not over the top and adds a bit of dimension to the color. By the way, I have light skin that is neutral to warm, NC 25 to 30 and my lips sans lipstick is rosy/mauvey.

on 8/11/2014 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This colour shows up as a nudey, peachy apricot on me. It is my go-to peach shade that doesn't wash me out. The formula is most similar to a satin, and it gives pretty opaque coverage. Skin tones NC40 and darker will find this to be a nice peach nude, on lighter tones, this may read as a terracotta shade.

on 9/13/2013 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I'm in love with this colour! It's so flattering and makes my teeth stand out and look super white. It's flattering on everyone. My only con is that is does feel a bit drying however for the price I feel that this lipstick really does deliver. This will be a staple in my makeup bag forever.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I honestly tried this product because it was on sale and I'm so glad I did! This is an amazing warm orange-peach that will look good on any skintone. I have tan skin in the summer and real fair in the winter and I use this all year round. I even use it on my cheeks and it adds a nice subtle glow, like J-Lo. Seriously. I get asked about it all the time, especially in winter when faces starts looking sallow (but not mine!). Plus, it's really moisturising. I only wish it would last longer. Having said that, when it does fade, it fades lightly but still leaves a tint, so it looks like your lips are naturally a gorgeous shade - which is nice! Try it! You won't be sorry =D