Weleda Almond Cleansing Lotion

Weleda Almond Cleansing Lotion

3.8

Ingredients (INCI): Water (Aqua), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Alcohol, Prunus Domestica Kernel Oil, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid.

on 3/27/2019 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

caused burning..my sensitive skin was not a fan
also too gentle of a cleanser..need sep makeup remover

Hoped this could replace my beloved Earth Science A-D-E fruit oil cleanser, which WF stopped carrying, but the price is crazy for what you get. I had to use A LOT per wash to cover my skin; very watery. Didn't feel much different than rinsing with water.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a milky lotion cleanser that works well when combined with the other Weleda sensitive almond skin care products but just doesn’t cut it as far as removing my makeup. So I use it on my no makeup days and in the morning because it is refreshing while not stripping any moisture from my face.

on 9/11/2018 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Wow. What a disappointment. I had high hopes for anything named Weleda, but this item was a real disappointment. The scent is strong almond and alcohol, and though the label says it removes makeup, it really didn't. My mature, combo skin looked dull and still coated with a fine film of foundation. I could see makeup embedded in a forehead line. I had to double-cleanse with a makeup removal towelette, so what's the point?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I thought this would be perfect for my dehydrated, sensitive skin but after a few uses my skin flared bright red and started burning! I suspect the high level of alcohol in this are to blame, needless to say it went in the bin.

on 6/10/2018 1:35:00 AM

This product is very good for acne prone skin but it irritated my eyes so I have to discontinue it. I don't know what is in which was stinging my eyes otherwise than that it is a great product.

on 7/29/2017 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Really appreciate this product. I am African-American, with combination (oily in T/zone) skin. Most products, even those geared toward sensitive or combination skin are way too harsh for me. This is mild yet effective, not irritating at all. I notice other users complained that it did not remove makeup, but they probably are not using this in the most effective way. I apply a small amount to my wet palm, massage into my face, and remove with a warm washcloth. That gets all the makeup off, and I wear cream foundation. I also like that this lotion cleanser is not full of a lot of fillers.

on 4/18/2016 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sad to say I didn't like this. In some ways it's right up my street - a cream cleanser based on almond oil with no problematic essential oils or added fragrance (the marzipan-like scent comes from the plum kernel oil I think).

However, it contains a significant amount of alcohol, which you can smell in the product. It didn't instantly irritate my skin but I think it made it more sensitive and more blemished over time. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with problem skin, whether sensitive or acne prone.

There are plenty of better alternatives, such as Ren's Evercalm Cleansing Milk, Trilogy's Very Gentle Cleansing Cream or Sukin's Sensitive Cleansing Lotion.

on 9/14/2014 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Weleda Almond range is gentle but ineffective in my experience. The alcohol content of the products also may dry the skin in the long term. I bought the Almond cleanser when I was having a bout of irritated sensitive skin due to excessive washing. It calmed my skin down initially as it was pretty inert but I didn't feel that it was cleaning well. I struggled to finish the bottle. It doesn't take sunscreen off very well. It may be a good morning cleanser when you don't have sunscreen or make up on. I find the alcohol drying. It also gave the products an unpleasant dry feel. I used it in conjunction with the Almond cream which is also a mediocre product. The only noteworthy product in this range in my opinion is the Almond oil which was lovely to use and nice effects on my skin. I gave it two lippies for the effort on Weleda's part as there is a distinct lack of natural products without heavy essential oils for sensitive skin types on the market.

on 7/5/2014 5:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Very nice cream cleanser to use if you have sensitive skin and do not wear any makeup. I will not purchase again because I need something that will remove my makeup or whatever I used to remove my makeup. This has a very light scent and is not drying at all. The tube did not last very long and was very expensive considering how small it is.