Trader Joe's Honey Mango Shave

No Image

4.5

Worked okay I guess, I just hated the smell!!!

on 11/8/2017 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I threw this out after 2 uses. It reminds me of the Whish shave cream.
Like that, it clogs up my razor even if I use the smallest amount. I also found the scent to be cloying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is by far the best shaving cream I've ever used! My legs reacted pretty badly to every shaving gel I tried through middle school and high school. I continued using shave gels all those years, because I didn't know of other options out there (back in the 90s). Midway through college, I discovered I wasn't allergic to Barbasol shave cream (found in the men's aisle), so I started using that exclusively until I found Honey Mango Shave at Trader Joe's! What a lifesaver. No allergic reactions thus far! I've repurchased this shave cream more times than I can count, and will continue to do so.

on 8/21/2016 3:04:00 AM

I never even used shaving creams for the longest time, I was the notorious conditioner-shaver for years... until I found this. This almost has the consistency of conditioner - maybe creamier but smells AMAZING. If I remember to use a good scrub before I shave, my legs are silky smooth after with minimal irritation. Love it!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used this twice and I'm already in love with it! I've been looking for this for a couple of months, both of the Trader Joes I've been to never had it in stock till a week ago. I was super excited to see the price point was $3 something!
Super cheap, I got 2 because I had high hopes I would love this as most other reviewers here do.

I've also used Kiss My Face Moisture Shave as well and I prefer this one, they're both good but I love the feeling this one gives my legs, and this one is cheaper. TJ is 8oz while KMF is 11oz for about $8. I bought 2 TJ shave cream for basically the price of KMF.
TJ is a cream, and KMF lathers up & has a pump, TJs leaves my skin softer than KMF as well, I got a close shave with both.

So ultimately, I adore this one much more, & the scent is nice and not overpowering or cloying. I recommend for both men & women!

Can't do without this stuff! Best shaving cream out there. Not foamy or soapy, just a light but moisturizing cream. The smell is amazing and mellow, nothing too strong. The best part is it is free of awful chemicals like parabens! Comes in a plastic squeeze tube , so no unsightly rust rings left behind. Whenever I go to TJ I make sure to get several tubes so I don't run out. I find that it is sold out quite frequently. I will never go back to regular shaving cream or gel as long as this stuff is around!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this for years and have not ever had a reaction even though I have many allergies. It is just the right consistency, not too thin or not too thick. If i remember correctly the packaging was a little different before, and not so slippery. If they could go back to the old-style matte label/plastic, it would be perfection. As everybody else has noted, the scent is heavenly. Best TJ's beauty product so far.

on 12/17/2015 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

So perfect. This is a super affordable shave cream that is emollient and stays put on your skin while you shave in the shower (granted you don't blast water on where you applied it). It smells really lovely. Also a little bit goes a long way because it's so emolient. i can cover an entire leg with a dime sized amount, maybe even less. May I also add that since it's packaged in plastic instead of a can, it won't leave a rust circle on your tub ledge.

on 1/1/2016 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is by far the best shave cream I have ever used! It is creamy and thick but not too thick. I have extremely sensitive legs and this is the only product that I can use to keep me from having cuts everywhere, which I have dealt with ever since I started shaving, no matter what razor I used. This also rinses really well in water just as any other cream would.

on 11/12/2015 9:47:00 AM

This shaving cream helps me shave super super close! I love how inexpensive it is and it works phenomenally.
I have repurchased this multiple times and love it!

I did take off a lippie because I have knicked myself a couple times. I think this is because the cream is a little thin, not thick the typical thick/nourishing consistency of most "cream" products.
The scent is really mellow, it smells exactly like honey mango, yet it's not intense or super fruity. I'm not crazy about it, but there are worse scents out there
The packaging also is very basic. This cap is like those that allow water to pool inside the cap, so when you open it you get a splash of cold, old water. Nothing too major but I thought it was worth mentioning. I would definitely prefer cheap packaging and a cheap price, though

Overall this is FANTASTIC and it's usually my main reason for going to trader joe's