MAC Cosmetics Variety

No Image

4.7

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love Variety. A gorgeous sensual red with a tiny bit of microsparkle looks so great on my medium olive skin but must be used with alight hand. A WINNER!

I was shifting through my makeup stash looking for burnished peaches/berry colors for fall when I rediscovered Variety. Variety is a warm brick red with small glitters that translate into fine shimmer when on cheeks. I'm a PPP with pale cheeks that never turn red or pink so I have to use a light hand when using it. It'a a beautful and unique blush, perfect for fall or winter with bronzed brown/deep green eyeshadow and warm red lips. For a crisper "snow white" flush, I would recommend Mac's Frankly Scarlet, but for a warm wearable red, Variety can't be beat.

on 8/4/2006 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Yes, this is a lovely color; looks outrageous in the package but delicious on, flushed, not sparkly, even though there are tons of lil gold glitters in it. I suppose it -should- be easy to overdo it, but I use a pretty heavy hand and it doesn't look clownish. Maybe that's cause I'm 21, heh. However, it won't stay for long. (I don't wear powder or foundation, which could help, but i refuse to put more crap on my skin than absolutely necessary.)

on 2/24/2006 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

GORGEOUSNESS. I have lusted after this blush ever since it came out. Never bought it and then it disappeared and I could not find it anywhere. Found it on ebay!!!! Its BEAUTIFUL. Simply heavenly on my NC50 skintone. It is a frost formula but the sparkles barely show up which is great. I do find it a little powdery on the brush so it can feel like you're going to put too much on. It reminds me a lot of ambering rose but with more red. The colour is just perfect for warmer skintones.

on 1/15/2006 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I received this in a swap and already I love it --- it's a more vivid version (and better!) of NARS Orgasm. Subtle shimmer, a great mix of coral and red that really pops against my skin without looking garish. I only need to pat a little bit of this on my cheeks to get a nice warm flush. I'd definitely recommend this to gals with warm or golden undertones to their skin. I find this is the first blush color I've tried that immediately brightens my complexion. Thank you to the lovely MUAer who swapped this with me :D

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Oh my God! HG! This blush is so awesome. It's a coral red with shimmer that looks beautiful over bronzer, or with another blush (I like it with Peachykeen.), even alone. Haven't seen it on cool skin, but it's very flattering on warm or neutral complexions.

on 10/28/2005 11:22:00 AM

i love this...had it for over a year without trying it & can't believe i waited so long! This is gorgeous over bronzer, or even on its own. Really versatile - sometimes I put a tiny bit on for a healthy glow, other times I apply more for that fashionable super blushed look. Frankly scarlet is nice too, but very different. Red blush rocks! (NW23 green eyes, dark brown hair).

Very beautiful blush. Was a bit scared by the glitter, but it's so fine you don't see it, just a gorgeous glow. I love this! I use a light hand and only apply it on the apples of my cheeks after using bronzer and I look so healthy, I love it!

I adore this blush! I bought it online before actually seeing it in person and I was so excited about the red microglitter in the blush. I was even more excited when the super tiny glitter could be seen up close on my face. This blush is perfect applied with a skunk brush and gives a nice flush to cheeks.

on 2/10/2005 10:25:00 AM

I so love this blush. I put on way too much at the store and looked silly, but after I went home and brushed some off, I realized that I just needed less to achieve a glowy, natural look. It brightens my face in a way that other blushes don't.

Popular Blush Products