Pureology Reconstructor

No Image

4.1

Not tested on animals

on 8/26/2017 10:54:00 PM

This product is great. The only thing missing is more instructions on how to use it. I'm still not clear if it is a protein treatment ? And should only be used once a week or so? Figured out to follow , only leaving it on for a few minutes. Any longer and it does dry out hair. Only a few minutes and it does its job :)

on 7/11/2011 4:15:00 PM

Well, this has to be followed by a conditoner, otherwise it'll leave your hair dry.
Don't let it dry too long on your hair.
2 minutes are enough

I absolutely love this product. I swear by it!!! After one use I automatically notice a HUGE difference in my hair!! I have very thin long blonde hair in which I get colored and blow dry & straighten everyday. So after awhile it starts looking really dull and dry and my ends start looking terrible. I use this product about once, sometimes twice a week. It truley is a lifesaver and makes my hair do a complete 180. It's shiny, silky, smooth and beautiful again.
When I first got this, I used it everyday and found that my hair was getting a bit more greasy and oily then usual. That's when I learned to just use it a few times a week.
I told my hairdresser how amazing this stuff was and now she uses it on all of her clients and tells me how well she sells it now. I honestly don't see how it wouldn't work for anyone!

on 4/11/2008 11:40:00 PM

This product really does do a great job. It doesn't feel super thick and creamy when you apply it but the conditioning results are fabulous and keeps my dry, highlighted hair very healthy with weekly treatments. It's worth the price because it does work. The only thing I don't like is the smell which is a little too medicine-y for my taste.

on 12/18/2009 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Fantastic reconstructor...better than Joico IMO, I had to put a moisturizing conditioner on after Joico because it leaves your hair quite dry afterwards, but this one I don't. I also like that you only have to leave it on for 2 minutes, I noticed a drastic diffrence after one use, Great stuff!

Love! One of the few hair treatments that I am impressed by, it has really saved my over-processed hair! So many products claim hair improvement over time, but I can see and feel a drastic difference after just one use! Love the smell too!! I will definitely repurchase.

on 3/31/2008 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this along with the hydrate shampoo, conditioner and the leave-in conditioner. This product left my hair dry and frizzy. Not what I was expecting. I returned it to my hairdresser for a refund.

Ok...just so you all know...this is NOT a "conditioner". Unfortunately, most lines call their heaviest conditioner their "reconstructor"

The pureology green (they call it "essentials") shampoo and reconstructor...is a line meant to be used once a week in CONJUCTION with your normal shampoo and conditioner.
For instance...you're supossed to use the purify shampoo, your regular shampoo, the reconstructor, then your normal conditioner or masque.
You can use them more if you wish, but they aren't meant to replace your normal shampoo/conditoner.
The reconstructor has very little moisturizing properties (if you like the way it feels it just means your hair isn't dry, it's just damaged)...so if you need MOISTURE you need to use something with this product.
Over time, this product will definitely reduce breakage and frizz caused by damage, and that "straw-like", dull appearance damaged hair has.
When i use it, i do notice my hair feels thick and bouncy. It's also a great preventative treatment (ie. when you're "growing out" your hair) or the day before a color process as it heals the hair and prepares it for the color.

If you need a good MASK and like pureology...try the Nanoworks or the moisturizing mask. The Nanoworks mask has protien AND moisture to combat both problems. If you just need moisture use the moisturizing mask.
Most people that know how to use this product end up falling in love with it! Hopefully this helps you decide what you want/need!
=)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I had my hair highlighted last winter and the stylist left me to sit under the dryer for about 45 minutes!!! My hair has never been so damaged before. It started to break and I purchased this and it was my rescuing product! I used this and the nanoworks shampoo and conditioner and my hair survived. It's long...mid-back...and I did not end up having to cut it. This helps a little with detangling, but mostly it's great to reconstruct, to repair and help keep hair strong.

on 8/3/2007 12:29:00 PM

I have fine,wavy hair that I blow dry straight daily. I have noticed a major improvement in the quality of my hair since I began using the Pureology line. I use this product 2-3 times a week and I leave it on for about 5 minutes. Leaves my hair feeling smooth and silky. I have noticed a lot less split ends in between trims. Love the smell!!