no images

price range

Reviews

1.0

8 years ago

I recently got a bottle of the Ultrasmooth Coco de Mer Body Lotion from the hotel I stayed. I know about this luxury bodycare brand and couldn't wait to give it a try. I couldn't be more disappointed. The texure is average and the smell is awfully bad. It's hard to describe this smell....it's like the smell of a new born baby....not that I hate the smell of a new born but I surely don't want to smell like one and don't enjoy a scented product with that smell. (My boyfriend disagreed that it smells like new born. He said it smells like dated playdough or latex handgloves) In my opinion, Molton Brown is all about branding (and surely they had done a great job!) and not quality product. For this price range, I would prefer L'occitane for both the quality and scents.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry

EyesBlack

10 years ago

I really don't get the negative reviews on this. I totally dig it. While I love German Nivea Creme and Weleda Skin Food in the winter, they're a little too heavy for the hot summers of the Southern part of the U.S. Yet, at the same time I want something to smooth my legs after shaving and something for my hands in the summer and this product really answers my summer time moisture needs. That's one thing I dig about Molton Brown products--their titles are truthful. If they say something is smooth or invigorating, it really is smooth or invigorating. I like the smell, it's mild, not too heavy a scent for summer weather. I kind of wonder if the person who got one that smelled mildew-y had the bad luck of getting a bottle that was going bad. The one downside is that, like all Molton Brown products, the retail price is ridiculous. So, try to find an online deal for it or get a sample size bottle or two, which are affordable.

About reviewer (113 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair

EyesHazel

2.0

10 years ago

IMO, this stuff smells awful. It smelled mildew-y or something. I got a sample of this and I didn't even use up the sample bottle; I gave it to a friend. I only buy lotion from the drugstore, but little samples like this are nice to use once in a while. However, this one didn't do it for me, and I just don't see the point of paying close to $30 for body lotion. Also, this irritated my KP, but most scented lotions do that.

About reviewer (131 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

11 years ago

I love the scent of this lotion, it's a very non-obstrusive, comfortable, calming scent. It moisturizes pretty well but is not very heavy-duty so I probably wouldn't use it in winter time. But at least it's not very greasy. The price tag is a bit steep, but I like how soft and velvety it makes my hands feel. It also helps that I got this lotion for free :)

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlack

1.0

11 years ago

rubbish, doesnt do anythimg it claims

About reviewer (21 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Olive

EyesBlue

2.0

11 years ago

I found the body lotion to be average at most. Nothing very special other then the price tag and the highly marketed name. The lotion did nothing to soothe my dry skin. While the fragrance is nice the quality of the cream does not match the price. My average drugstore lotion such as Nivea or Avene does a much better job of keeping my skin moisturize. I definately will not buy any more lotions from this brand.

About reviewer (546 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Medium

11 years ago

I love the smell and texture and moisturizing properties of this. Yes, you could probably find something just as helpful at the drugstore. But Molton Brown just screams elegance to me and this is my favorite out of all their moisturizers. It helps that I get it for free, but I would definitely buy it at full price if I needed to.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesHazel

12 years ago

I am totally hooked and buy this product often and use it religiously…on my hair! My hair is thinnish with an overall smooth texture; I find that rubbing a little of this lotion on my hair before I blow dry it makes my hair so much softer. It also smells terrific. The lotion doesn’t add any grease at all due to its lightweight, non-sticky texture. On my hands and body – I find that this lotion is a tad too thin for my taste, however.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

3.0

12 years ago

This is a good basic moisturiser which does not leave a greasy residue and doesn not leave a scent on the skin. I would buy this again if it did not cost as much as it does. There are other basic moisturisers on the market which are just as good and a lot cheaper. The bottle does look good in the bathroom though!

About reviewer (73 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

EyesGreen

12 years ago

This has a very subtle fragrance and lightly moisturises without any greasy residue. It’s a nice moisturiser but I can’t justify the price because it doesn’t smell super wonderful and/or have any remarkable moisturising properties so you can buy other products that are just as good for less than half the price. Nevertheless, a lovely luxury product.

About reviewer (724 reviews)

Age