Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals

Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals

3.5

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Water/Eau/Aqua, Titanium Dioxide, Glycerin, Algae, Sodium Hyaluronate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Oil, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Raphanus Sativus (Radish) Root Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Squalane, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10), Boron Nitride, Stearic Acid. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 12/30/2018 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'll preface this by saying this is a very sheer coverage foundation. If you're looking for medium to high coverage, this isn't for you. That being said, I don't like medium or high coverage for every day use - i find it looks too made up and mask-like. This is a great natural looking light coverage.

I chose suntan, which is great match for me. I love the feel of it, it doesn't feel like a typical foundation at all when you apply it. It feels more like a gel moisturizer, both in terms of texture and the hydration it provides. The finish is definitely not matte, however it isn't shiny or oily either. It just leaves your skin looking hydrated and soft.

This doesn't pill or oxidize, break me out etc. If you're looking for a more natural look and don't mind the (imo hefty) price tag, this would be a great product to try!

on 5/15/2018 2:58:00 PM

I'm on my second bottle of Liquid Minerals. I was uncertain about this initially but there was a bit of a learning curve. I use two pumps of this mixed with a dot of Peter Thomas Roth 24K gold and get so many compliments on my skin. I do have melasma and need to apply two coats over concealer in those areas. I finish with a spray of JI Pommist. Love how this worked for me of the winter - hoping it's not too dewy for the summer.

on 8/10/2017 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is certainly a different way of dispensing a foundation. It mixed with a serum for the skin at the same time. Treating it while you wear the foundation. The ingredients are great for the skin. The coverage is a light gorgeous dewy finish. If you great skin to begin with, whatever age you will really like this product. It enhances it with such a natural finish. Very even finish too

on 10/21/2016 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The texture is quite thick and there are flakes on the face after applying it so I have to remove the flakes carefully on my face (but some couldn't be removed). Although the texture becomes lighter and melt with my skin after half an hour, my face got oily after 2-3 hours. Most of all, my face was very itchy and red and felt very uncomfortable when wearing this foundation. It's a ridiculous product to me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I absolutely loved this foundation!!!!! This foundation looks like Guerlain's Meteorites Primer with beads suspended in a clear solution (although these beads are complexion toned.) This foundation is a dewey light coverage. If you have decent skin, normal or dry, and want a dewey glowy finish foundation with lighter coverage - this is it. Oily folks or folks looking for more coverage or more matte finish should look elsewhere. You need to get the hang of breaking up the beads - a foundation brush or sponge work fine. This foundation will darken slightly as it dries due to the minerals, so I suggest trying a sample first to be sure you get the right shade. I am about NW25-30ish, but slightly more neutral than cool. I was matched to Light Beige (a "cool" shade with pink undertones) - it was definitely a bit light (described as "fair"), but since it's not a full coverage product it was workable. I will definitely go up a shade when I repurchase, and maybe try the neutral shades. This is not a cheap product (about $50), but well worth it. It feels very light and moisturizing when on. Lasting power is about average. The finish is just beautiful and a healthy glow. Standard pump type dispenser.

on 3/1/2016 12:10:00 PM

The coverage is not enough for me. Only way I can get by with using it is to first use a tinted moisturizer. For those of you who want better coverage, I suggest trying tinted moisturizer underneath.

on 2/5/2016 1:13:00 PM

I have very acne-prone skin and am always looking for a foundation that doesn't clog my pores. Since powder mineral foundations don't look good on my skin (dehydrated with visible pores) I wanted to try a liquid one and this foundation has good ingredients so I was hopeful it would work for me.

Unfortunately, as makeup, this foundation is horrible on me. It looks and feels like a really cakey physical filter sunscreen while at the same time not giving much coverage. It sinks into my pores making them more visible. Itl also doesn't work well with other products like concealer and powder because it is very sticky. It might work better on someone with a drier skin that needs little coverage. I can't really say whether it clogs my pores as I haven't used it for several days in a row, I bring it back up every now and then but I'm always disappointed.

on 10/19/2015 9:42:00 AM

I had my face done at a salon recently for a formal event and my makeup artist had a great touch and I liked the look she did on my face but I didn't care for the Jane Iredale products she used at all. Minerals/natural/organic etc is not a priority for me for my cosmetics (ethical products sure but I don't have an issue with chemicals in general). The colour she picked (I didn't ask which shade) was a great match with nice coverage on my adult acne, but I had my makeup done at 2pm, wedding was at 7pm, home before midnight, and started noticing that my makeup just wasn't lasting at about 9:30 or 10? I wouldn't go out of my way to buy Jane Iredale (I did buy a lip gloss so I could touch up my lips as the evening went on), it wasn't right for me but might be a great fit for somebody who prioritizes mineral and has a skin type that is well suited to it. A pass for me.

on 10/10/2015 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Well, I guess I had no business even trying this because I am an oily skin gal, but at the advice of the JI salesperson, I bought it. I am oily...this product does NOT make a happy couple with oily skin! It is very moisturizing, even though it may "feel" like it dries down matte immediately after application. Do not be fooled, it is not.
Mattifying at all. Within 2 hours, my t-zone was like an oil slick! This product is for dry skin. My Mom loves it. She has dry skin. I do not like it as it makes my oily skin even oilier! Not to mention there is NO coverage. It is so sheer it's like putting nothing on your skin. Will not repurchase :(

I discovered this product line several years ago after a spa I worked at became a distributer for the line. I fell in love with it right away. My skin is oily/acne prone and so far this is the only product line that does not aggravate those issues.
Today I decided to purchase the liquid minerals and give it a try. At first I was a little unsure about it. It is definitely not like other liquid foundations that I have tried. But I was pleasantly surprised. It covers amazingly (I have an active breakout right now,as well as scaring, no concealer required), feels amazing on and you can layer it in areas where you need more coverage without it looking caked on. I finished it off with the pressed mineral powder and spritz of the pomegranate mist. My face is flawless :)
The only downside is the price but the greatness makes up for it!