Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals

Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals

3.5

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Water/Eau/Aqua, Titanium Dioxide, Glycerin, Algae, Sodium Hyaluronate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Oil, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Raphanus Sativus (Radish) Root Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Squalane, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10), Boron Nitride, Stearic Acid. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 10/21/2016 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The texture is quite thick and there are flakes on the face after applying it so I have to remove the flakes carefully on my face (but some couldn't be removed). Although the texture becomes lighter and melt with my skin after half an hour, my face got oily after 2-3 hours. Most of all, my face was very itchy and red and felt very uncomfortable when wearing this foundation. It's a ridiculous product to me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I absolutely loved this foundation!!!!! This foundation looks like Guerlain's Meteorites Primer with beads suspended in a clear solution (although these beads are complexion toned.) This foundation is a dewey light coverage. If you have decent skin, normal or dry, and want a dewey glowy finish foundation with lighter coverage - this is it. Oily folks or folks looking for more coverage or more matte finish should look elsewhere. You need to get the hang of breaking up the beads - a foundation brush or sponge work fine. This foundation will darken slightly as it dries due to the minerals, so I suggest trying a sample first to be sure you get the right shade. I am about NW25-30ish, but slightly more neutral than cool. I was matched to Light Beige (a "cool" shade with pink undertones) - it was definitely a bit light (described as "fair"), but since it's not a full coverage product it was workable. I will definitely go up a shade when I repurchase, and maybe try the neutral shades. This is not a cheap product (about $50), but well worth it. It feels very light and moisturizing when on. Lasting power is about average. The finish is just beautiful and a healthy glow. Standard pump type dispenser.

on 3/1/2016 12:10:00 PM

The coverage is not enough for me. Only way I can get by with using it is to first use a tinted moisturizer. For those of you who want better coverage, I suggest trying tinted moisturizer underneath.

on 2/5/2016 1:13:00 PM

I have very acne-prone skin and am always looking for a foundation that doesn't clog my pores. Since powder mineral foundations don't look good on my skin (dehydrated with visible pores) I wanted to try a liquid one and this foundation has good ingredients so I was hopeful it would work for me.

Unfortunately, as makeup, this foundation is horrible on me. It looks and feels like a really cakey physical filter sunscreen while at the same time not giving much coverage. It sinks into my pores making them more visible. Itl also doesn't work well with other products like concealer and powder because it is very sticky. It might work better on someone with a drier skin that needs little coverage. I can't really say whether it clogs my pores as I haven't used it for several days in a row, I bring it back up every now and then but I'm always disappointed.

on 10/19/2015 9:42:00 AM

I had my face done at a salon recently for a formal event and my makeup artist had a great touch and I liked the look she did on my face but I didn't care for the Jane Iredale products she used at all. Minerals/natural/organic etc is not a priority for me for my cosmetics (ethical products sure but I don't have an issue with chemicals in general). The colour she picked (I didn't ask which shade) was a great match with nice coverage on my adult acne, but I had my makeup done at 2pm, wedding was at 7pm, home before midnight, and started noticing that my makeup just wasn't lasting at about 9:30 or 10? I wouldn't go out of my way to buy Jane Iredale (I did buy a lip gloss so I could touch up my lips as the evening went on), it wasn't right for me but might be a great fit for somebody who prioritizes mineral and has a skin type that is well suited to it. A pass for me.

on 10/10/2015 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Well, I guess I had no business even trying this because I am an oily skin gal, but at the advice of the JI salesperson, I bought it. I am oily...this product does NOT make a happy couple with oily skin! It is very moisturizing, even though it may "feel" like it dries down matte immediately after application. Do not be fooled, it is not.
Mattifying at all. Within 2 hours, my t-zone was like an oil slick! This product is for dry skin. My Mom loves it. She has dry skin. I do not like it as it makes my oily skin even oilier! Not to mention there is NO coverage. It is so sheer it's like putting nothing on your skin. Will not repurchase :(

I discovered this product line several years ago after a spa I worked at became a distributer for the line. I fell in love with it right away. My skin is oily/acne prone and so far this is the only product line that does not aggravate those issues.
Today I decided to purchase the liquid minerals and give it a try. At first I was a little unsure about it. It is definitely not like other liquid foundations that I have tried. But I was pleasantly surprised. It covers amazingly (I have an active breakout right now,as well as scaring, no concealer required), feels amazing on and you can layer it in areas where you need more coverage without it looking caked on. I finished it off with the pressed mineral powder and spritz of the pomegranate mist. My face is flawless :)
The only downside is the price but the greatness makes up for it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I wanted to love this but it made my skin look ashy after application. I bought this product online after reading the discription of the shades. All the darker shades are described as being suitable for dark skin with yellow undertones but they just looked ashy. I am nc44-45 for reference (dark with yellow undertones) and bought the coffee and maple shades, which looked ashy against my skin. They only looked decent if they were applied over my tarte cc primer but the foundation is supposed to work alone. I then got a sample terra, which is the next shade up and it was too dark for my skin. I don't want to waste these foundations and I will use them over my cc primer but I won't repurchase .

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this... I love the ingredients (all natural) but it is nit the best. The coverage is too light for my taste but more importantly it has no staying power. It slides right off my skin if I give someone a hug and I'm not really oily or anything, but after a few hours it's gone. Too bad. Still sticking to the chemical filled foundations for now.

on 12/1/2014 2:29:00 AM

Well bought two bottles in radient.Dont like it not really a foundation more of a skin treatment.Going back to ardency inn.