Pureology Pureology Hydrate Shampoo

Pureology Pureology Hydrate Shampoo
Pureology Hydrate Shampoo

3.7

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth-26, Decyl Glucoside, Fragrance, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-7, Polyquaternium-10, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Carbomer, Linalool, C11-15 Pareth-7, Limonene, Glycerin, Trideceth-12, Laureth-9, Geraniol, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, CI 60730/Ext. Violet 2, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Methylisothiazolinone, Hydrolyzed Oats, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Citric Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Benzophenone-4, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Melanin, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract/Sunflower Seed Extract, Rosa Centifolia Extract/Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Extract/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Hydroxide

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Very on the fence with this shampoo. The good: works well to cleanse my medium-coarse, slightly frizzy hair, without the dreaded SLS. As you may know, SLS-free shampoos are not always the most effective at cleansing and removing hair styling products/build-up! The bad: it makes my scalp itch after a few uses, especially if I use, rinse and repeat which I always do out of habit as much as anything. It's also chock-full of chemicals, despite no SLS, and yet also has some good botanicals thrown in which is confusing.... It's like the best and worst of both worlds. Personally if it wasn't for the itchiness I would most probably continue to use it, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon seeing as how my scalp reacts to this...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/1/2018 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After bleaching my hair then going back to one color, my hair was dry, frizzy, breaking off, and so hard to brush through, frustrating to say the least! After doing some research and ordering the hydrate shampoo and conditioner, I swear after one wash my hair felt SO much better, it was smooth, hydrated, and for the first time in a long time I was able to brush through it. It’s definitly on the pricier side, but you only need a small amount so it lasts a long time. The shampoo has an earthy smell which I don’t mind, and the conditioner makes your scalp feel tingly and minty, would def. recommend this for someone with highlighted hair like mine.

on 5/14/2018 11:18:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This shampoo does not hydrate hair and is loaded with silicones and parabens. Left my hair feeling dry and frizzed.

I used to suggest this product to my clients and I loved it so much until my head started getting itchy with little bumps and my hair started falling out by the clumps. This has happened twice! The first time I didn’t realize it was the shampoo until the second time it happened. I was waking up in the night with an itchy head! I am sad to say goodbye to my favorite shampoo but the formula has changed. I loved how it made my hair feel but feel angry that it did this to me. 💔

on 11/28/2017 4:09:00 PM

THIS PRODUCT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE
I have had very dry and brittle hair since I bleached it and I have tried every product to help with the hair, but after using this product for 2 months straight I will never turn back, at first I didn't notice any difference but after the first month it altered my hair completely! it is so smooth and shiny!! I cant believe the results!! wish I had pictures cause my hair has never ever been this smooth!!

on 11/28/2017 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Basically this is a decent shampoo and conditioner. You get A LOT of product as the bottles are huge and the scent is bleh. It doesn't smell pretty or feminine but it smells like cleanly.

on 11/26/2017 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This didn’t work out for me at all. The main issue was it made my scalp dry and itchy, which I have never suffered from. I was also unimpressed with how it left my hair, it didn’t feel hydrated and soft and it was really tangled after using the shampoo

on 11/6/2017 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased the small travel size at Ulta to test this. I have dry, naturally graying hair that is medium coarse and tends to be frizzy without any product in it. I have hard water. I can usually go 3 days between shampoos. By the third shampoo with this product the buildup was so bad I had to wash my hair the next day with a clairifying shampoo. My hair looked limp and dingy. Sulfate free shampoo just does not clean my hair very well.

The price of this product makes it a no go for me. There are other comparable products for less money, if I was going to go the sulfate free route. I just do not want to have to wash my hair every day, and spend an hour+ drying/styling it every morning based on inconclusive research about sulfates.

Did not like this, and will not purchase a full bottle.

on 8/1/2017 5:28:00 PM

I purchased the shampoo/conditioner from my stylist. This made my scalp itch something terrible! To the point of waking me up at night. I stopped using it for a couple of washes and then tried it again, it was most definitely from this shampoo. I didn't care for the medicinal scrnt either. I would not purchase again.

on 6/29/2017 8:06:00 PM

This shampoo I believe has lavender in it, which smells aromatherapeutic, but man, does it make my scalp itch something awful. It itches to the point where it actually hurts. I haven't really cared much for any of the products in this line.