Pureology Pureology Hydrate Shampoo

Pureology Pureology Hydrate Shampoo
Pureology Hydrate Shampoo

3.7

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth-26, Decyl Glucoside, Fragrance, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-7, Polyquaternium-10, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Carbomer, Linalool, C11-15 Pareth-7, Limonene, Glycerin, Trideceth-12, Laureth-9, Geraniol, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, CI 60730/Ext. Violet 2, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Methylisothiazolinone, Hydrolyzed Oats, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Citric Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Benzophenone-4, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Melanin, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract/Sunflower Seed Extract, Rosa Centifolia Extract/Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Extract/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Hydroxide

on 4/19/2017 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This shampoo got my hair clean and it also didn't make my hair colour fade too much. However it makes my scalp itch so much! It might just be me, but there is mint in it, which is a known irritant. To add on that, there is a lot of fragance in it. That or it is too drying.. I'm not sure, because it makes my scalp feel dry but my hair howeverdoesn't feel that dry.

This is probably the worst shampoo I've ever used. For something that's meant to protect and extend the life of your hair color, it certainly strips my hair more of its color than my L'Oreal EverFresh Dandruff Shampoo (sulfate-free and formulated for color-treated hair and less than half the price of a standard bottle of this) or my Shea Moisture sulfate-free shampoos. It's also not at all hydrating. My hair routinely feels like straw when I wash with this - even if I do a mask afterwards. Plus it dried out my scalp and gives me a ton of flakes. This is just an expensive hot mess of a shampoo. If you have a prickly scalp and your hair is color-treated, stay away.

on 1/18/2017 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This used to be my favourite shampoo but I noticed that there was a lot of hairfall in the shower. I thought it must be something else because this is a lovely shampoo that made my hair feel soft and shiney. But when I stopped using it, my hairfall completely stopped so I will never use this expensive shampoo again. No other shampoo that I have ever used before or since has made my hair fall out in this way.......so be careful.......

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

no no no no! horrific shampoo to say the least. this is extremely heavy, and difficult to rinse out. my scalp is now itchy and my roots look waxy. I'm tempted to jump back in the shower and re wash my hair with a clarifying shampoo. the scent of this product lingers after you hair is dried and smells of cheap old lady soap. no thank you!

on 9/16/2016 1:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is a softly lathering shampoo that costs a mint, but you use so little that a bottle really lasts. A nickel sized drop produces copious lather.

This shampoo is kind and gentle to my color treated, naturally curly hair.

The fragrance is very herbal and strong.

on 7/2/2016 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Well, this WAS a great shampoo until L'Oreal bought it out in 2007. Now it's got alcohol, parabens and the very first ingredient is water?!?!
Not so much any more :(
Let me assure you that L'Oreal cares more about profits than purity!

To begin with, I'm a shampoo/conditioner your hair everyday kind of girl. I take a 1 day break on the weekends, but I really like the feeling of washing my hair in the shower, and its the only way I rfeel like I wake up in the mornings.

This, of course, is not good for my dry/colored hair. But since I do shampoo everyday, I switched over to drug store brand many years ago because the cost of buying salon shampoo/conditioner for everyday use was just way too much for my long hair. Plus, i never really felt that much of a difference using salon brands.

My hairdresser naturally would give me a hard time that I used drugstore brands, and I explained to her that with the amount of conditioner I used daily, it just didn't make sense for me to buy salon brands. She told me that her philosophy was that the shampoo was actually more key than the conditioner, because regular shampoos were usually harsh. It was important to get sulfate free for colored hair. So I decided to try it out. She recommended the Hydrate shampoo, and I've used it now in combination with my Dove conditioner for two days, and its amazing the difference in texture of my hair. It's softer and has more body too.

This is also concentrated, so you use very little and add water to get it to lather up.

I understand that some people have complained that the product builds up. I've only used for two days now, so I haven't seen that yet, but regardless I always clarify my hair once a week with "Sunday" Shampoo by Bumble, and then follow with a deep condition by a high end product ( I do splurge on my weekly treatment).

on 6/29/2016 1:27:00 PM

My hair is colored and has been through much abuse in the last 13 years. I'm a redhead and beyond picky when it comes to shampoo and conditioner. They have to live up to some pretty strong requirements. I wash my hair every other day. There was a time not so long ago when I regularly used this shampoo coupled with its matching conditioner and they worked just fine. However, I was going to a different hairstylist at the time, and the brand of hair color she used was different than what is used on my hair now. The shampoo feels like it leaves a light deposit of something on my hair, and my hair feels drier, heavier, and somewhat coated when I blow dry. It's not a complete disaster, as my hair is pretty resilient and can still take some abuse.The smell is really nice, but that's about it. It's certainly possible that the formula changed in recent years, as can happen to many products. I bought a bottle of this to see how it fared. However, after I'm done with it, I'll continue to use Elumen Wash by Goldwell.

on 5/7/2016 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

A small amount is needed to lather your hair and it cleans thoroughly without stripping oils.

I've used this and its companion conditioner for years

on 4/11/2016 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My hair, unfortunately, LOVES this shampoo.

My hair is bra strap length, curly/wavy, fine, normal to dry, with VERY dry and split ends. A lot of shampoos either aren't moisturizing enough, build up over time, or cause my scalp to start flaking. This is the ONLY shampoo I have ever been able to use for years on end without needing to do any clarifying treatments. I usually wash my hair every other day, and in the Caribbean I was able to wash my hair with this shampoo every day without my hair drying out. I have honestly used this shampoo in dry climates, super humid climates, hard water, soft water, warm weather, freezing weather . . . and it has always been great.

This shampoo moisturizes my hair without causing any build up. I am so impressed with it and also upset because even buying it during liter bottle sales is quite pricey. I also don't love the packaging and think that the labels need to be much larger in order to differentiate between shampoo and conditioner in the shower better.

I use this in conjunction with the Hydrate conditioner, but for my hair I like the Precious Oil conditioner best of all.