Pureology Pureology Hydrate Shampoo

Pureology Pureology Hydrate Shampoo
Pureology Hydrate Shampoo

3.7

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth-26, Decyl Glucoside, Fragrance, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-7, Polyquaternium-10, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Carbomer, Linalool, C11-15 Pareth-7, Limonene, Glycerin, Trideceth-12, Laureth-9, Geraniol, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, CI 60730/Ext. Violet 2, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Methylisothiazolinone, Hydrolyzed Oats, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Citric Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Benzophenone-4, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Melanin, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract/Sunflower Seed Extract, Rosa Centifolia Extract/Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Extract/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Hydroxide

on 11/6/2017 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased the small travel size at Ulta to test this. I have dry, naturally graying hair that is medium coarse and tends to be frizzy without any product in it. I have hard water. I can usually go 3 days between shampoos. By the third shampoo with this product the buildup was so bad I had to wash my hair the next day with a clairifying shampoo. My hair looked limp and dingy. Sulfate free shampoo just does not clean my hair very well.

The price of this product makes it a no go for me. There are other comparable products for less money, if I was going to go the sulfate free route. I just do not want to have to wash my hair every day, and spend an hour+ drying/styling it every morning based on inconclusive research about sulfates.

Did not like this, and will not purchase a full bottle.

on 8/1/2017 5:28:00 PM

I purchased the shampoo/conditioner from my stylist. This made my scalp itch something terrible! To the point of waking me up at night. I stopped using it for a couple of washes and then tried it again, it was most definitely from this shampoo. I didn't care for the medicinal scrnt either. I would not purchase again.

on 6/29/2017 8:06:00 PM

This shampoo I believe has lavender in it, which smells aromatherapeutic, but man, does it make my scalp itch something awful. It itches to the point where it actually hurts. I haven't really cared much for any of the products in this line.

on 4/19/2017 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This shampoo got my hair clean and it also didn't make my hair colour fade too much. However it makes my scalp itch so much! It might just be me, but there is mint in it, which is a known irritant. To add on that, there is a lot of fragance in it. That or it is too drying.. I'm not sure, because it makes my scalp feel dry but my hair howeverdoesn't feel that dry.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the only sulfate-free shampoo I've loved as much as shampoos with sulfates. It lathers and cleans hair just like any other shampoo. It leaves my hair clean and not feeling stripped. It feels so luxurious.
My favorite thing about it is the scent. It's clean and spa-like. I wish the matching conditioner smelled the same.
My only gripe is the price. It is ridiculous for shampoo. As a bleach blonde, I don't think it's worth the price, but I think it's worth it if it extends the life of hair color and/or cleans without drying out damaged hair.
It is super concentrated, so I think that helps with the price.
Overall, I think this is the best shampoo/conditioner duo on the market. It leaves hair clean, moisturized, and shiny. If you have the money or looking to extend hair color, I think it's worth it.
Without the price: A+
With the price: A-

This is probably the worst shampoo I've ever used. For something that's meant to protect and extend the life of your hair color, it certainly strips my hair more of its color than my L'Oreal EverFresh Dandruff Shampoo (sulfate-free and formulated for color-treated hair and less than half the price of a standard bottle of this) or my Shea Moisture sulfate-free shampoos. It's also not at all hydrating. My hair routinely feels like straw when I wash with this - even if I do a mask afterwards. Plus it dried out my scalp and gives me a ton of flakes. This is just an expensive hot mess of a shampoo. If you have a prickly scalp and your hair is color-treated, stay away.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

no no no no! horrific shampoo to say the least. this is extremely heavy, and difficult to rinse out. my scalp is now itchy and my roots look waxy. I'm tempted to jump back in the shower and re wash my hair with a clarifying shampoo. the scent of this product lingers after you hair is dried and smells of cheap old lady soap. no thank you!

on 9/16/2016 1:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is a softly lathering shampoo that costs a mint, but you use so little that a bottle really lasts. A nickel sized drop produces copious lather.

This shampoo is kind and gentle to my color treated, naturally curly hair.

The fragrance is very herbal and strong.

on 7/2/2016 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Well, this WAS a great shampoo until L'Oreal bought it out in 2007. Now it's got alcohol, parabens and the very first ingredient is water?!?!
Not so much any more :(
Let me assure you that L'Oreal cares more about profits than purity!

on 1/18/2017 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This used to be my favourite shampoo but I noticed that there was a lot of hairfall in the shower. I thought it must be something else because this is a lovely shampoo that made my hair feel soft and shiney. But when I stopped using it, my hairfall completely stopped so I will never use this expensive shampoo again. No other shampoo that I have ever used before or since has made my hair fall out in this way.......so be careful.......

Popular Shampoos