AVEDA Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate [DISCONTINUED]

AVEDA Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For the price I expected it to do more. I did not notice any benefits with this as a pre-shampoo. Ended up giving it away.

This stuff is fabulous. Really restores hair, and makes it shiny and managable.

My stylist recommended this product to me because my scalp was dry and I was also having issues with split ends. I use this product before I shampoo my hair. I usually saturate my hair with the nourishing concentrate and leave it in for about 20-30 mins. I rinse it out and use the sap moss shampoo and conditioner. This product helped my dry scalp and it also left my hair feeling very soft and with a lot of body.

on 10/31/2008 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Very bad things have happened to my hair, but the sap moss treatment has literally saved me from lopping it all off. I have thick wavy dirty blonde hair that has been bleached and dyed and highlighted, and dyed over many many times. About 3 years ago, I went to a salon and the woman destroyed my hair. Destroyed it. I won't go into details, but it took another day of the salon trying to "fix it" on the house before the color was even reasonable. After much abuse, my hair felt like tissue paper. I started using the sap moss. I put it in my wet hair and left it in for an hour twice a week, with a cap. It really worked wonders. After the first use my hair felt a little more like hair. Within a month it looked and felt like good hair -- hair without a past.
Can't recommend enough. so sad they are discontinuing... I have stock piled it!

on 9/25/2008 12:52:00 PM

I have had this travel sized treatment for a couple of years and I never liked it. So after reading the reviews here, I used it as a leave in treatment. I still have not noticed a change in my hair. It still feels and looks the same way as before when I shampoo and condition it with other products. Since there isn't a noticeable difference for me, I will not repurchase or recommend this product. At least it didn't have a negative effect on my hair so I'll give it 3 Lippies.
UPDATE: I'm adding a Lippie because this has helped get rid of my dandruff. I apply it to my scalp and leave on a few minutes before shampooing. I have noticed that the flakes don't show up before my next shampoo. Also, this has been DISCONTINUED so I purchased two bottles.

on 7/23/2008 2:09:00 PM

I love Aveda and use nearly all of their products exclusively on my hair. However, this was the one product I didn't really like. I was using it as a pre-shampoo treatment but I just didn't get any results from it even after using it 6 times or so. I had it sitting in my bathroom for over a year...lol and had not used it. Just this past weekend I decided to use it as a leave-in treatment (NEVER thought to use it that way before) after reading that some here say this is how they use the product!
All I can say is WOW WOW WOW! It's an excellent leave in treatment! I used the Damage Remedy Shampoo and Conditioner (that I alternate with their Dry Remedy line weekly)----then I used the sap moss concentrate as a leave in. My hair was and still is to die for!
Since I am AA with long relaxed hair I only wash my hair every 2-3 --and I deep condition and make sure to get as much moisture into my strands with each wash.

I love the Sap Moss Concentrate now..but they have discontinued the line. I have a little more left but will definitely look online to see if I can find more bottles of it...lol

on 2/20/2008 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

As others have said - pretty useless as a pre-shampoo treatment but phenomenal as a leave-in/styling aid. I like my hair now! Slightly less than a quarter-sized amount for my short, wavy hair before I blow it straight.

on 12/26/2007 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Yes this stuff smells vaguely like Pine Sol...but no other conditioner has made my fried hair so soft, shiny and healthy. I use this as a leave-in after the Sap Moss Detangler. The Sap Moss shampoo is okay, but I stick with Shampure. It's cheaper and the bottle's bigger. But anyway....as a pre shampoo treatment this is meh at best. This really should be marketed as a leave-in. I only need a tiny (maybe dime sized) blob. It's kind of a gel-oil hybrid so it's not too greasy and it doesn't leave my hair crunchy like Elixir does. It soaks in really quickly and makes my hair easy to comb and it's so soft and shiny! This works so well it makes the Pine Sol-ish scent bearable to me...luckily the scent doesn't seem to linger on me at least. Definitely worth the $18 I spent since I don't need to use a lot and it works so well!

This is another great product from Aveda. I just converted to this brand. I “fired” my hair after straightening it two weeks ago. My hair was so DRY, above all the highlighted strands! I used Snap today as a pre-shampoo treatment followed by Brilliant shampoo and conditioner (also Aveda), and than I used a little bit as leave-in. Tremendous results: I finally see a little shine and softness after 2 weeks. I am also using Brilliant Universal Cream from Aveda. Now that I discovered Snap, I can use less of the Universal Cream that makes my hair a little greasy if I use too much. Perfect combination that does not weights my hair down. Finally, I feel great again about my hair.
EDIT: I am taking a lippy out, does not work anymore.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have very dry damaged curly hair that I flat iron often, and I love to use this as both as an overnight leave in (saturate hair heavily, sleep in a shower cap, wash out in the morning) and a styling aid (quarter sized amount worked into curls). It doesn't weigh down my hair at all - my hair is really bouncy (ha!) even if I leave it in overnight, and when I use it as a leave in, it defines my curls without that crunchy feeling. I don't mind the smell as it's very "dirty" but not overpowering at all; I actually like it better than a lot better than the standard manufactured floral scents. The bottle is good as well, with a glue-like cap that twists to open and close - much better than losing the top off something all the time. As always, I wish there was more product, but O have an will continue to buy this.