CLINIQUE Moisture Sheer Lipstick - Honey Red

Filtered by eye Color : Green
CLINIQUE Moisture Sheer Lipstick - Honey Red

4.2

on 11/1/2006 8:44:00 AM

I "lost" my previous review, so trying again... Honey red is a toned-down sheer red (kind of a coral red on me) that goes well with my light yellow-toned skin. I cannot see any pink in it whatsoever. For me this is a red - not a pink or a brown or a coral - but it doesn't shout "red lipstick"! Honey Red even looks nice when I'm tanned. The colour goes on sheer and I can wear it without lipliner. This can easily be worn to the office. It wears comfortably on my dry lips and of course needs fairly frequent reapplication. Never mind. The only thing I dislike is the packaging: I love the sleek silver tube but hate the ugly magenta stripe on it! However I enjoy this lipstick I won't buy again since there are so many others out there to discover...

on 4/16/2004 6:59:00 PM

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! One of my absolute favorites! A sheer ambered red that even a strawberry blonde like me can wear! Smooth and moisturizing and housed in an adorable metal case adorned with pink. Perfect!

on 3/18/2004 10:32:00 AM

Honey red was sort of an impulse buy for me, but I am glad i got this shade. Absolutely beautiful on blondes. I'm not a huge fan of Clinique's lip shades or just colors across the board (I prefer them for foundation and the like) but for some reason or another, any of their reddish shades, like this and black honey, look especially cute on me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

On me (PPP), this is a creamy brownish/orangy/caramel/pinkish red, if that makes any sense at all. If it doesn't, then you're in the same league as me - it just didn't work, and I can't think of any other MU that would coordinate w/this. Also way more opaque than I expected from the name and my experience w/other Moisture Sheer lipsticks. Much prefer Ruby Kiss for a sheerer, truer red.

on 1/27/2004 11:55:00 AM

Another of my holy-grail reds. Honey Red is definitely accurately named - a rich golden red that compliments my colouring quite well (I'm a warm-toned PPP with dark red/auburn hair and green/grey/blue eyes). This is also one of the few reds I've found that's summer-wearable; most seem too dark and dramatic for the season, but Honey Red is perfect. The formula is very creamy and sheer. The slim tube is the tiniest bit of disappointment - there is less of this product than with other Clinique lipsticks for the same price - but it's fine. I do like that I can pick this one out of my bag quite easily.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

First, the bad news- these slimline lipstick cases hold the tiniest amount of product. If this were my every day lipstick, I'd use a tube up in 6 weeks. Now, the good news, which could also be bad. This could EASILY be my every day lip color. It is just perfect. Sheer, shiny reddish pink-brown. Looks like my lips after making out. Very nice.