CLINIQUE Moisture Sheer Lipstick - Honey Red

CLINIQUE Moisture Sheer Lipstick - Honey Red

4.8

on 9/28/2009 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this very sheer red on my skin. I'm MAC NW25, Chanel 30, GA LSF 5.5 with light brown/dark blonde hair and blue eyes and I find that I can wear most cool and warm colours well. Honey Red is, on my light-to-medium pigmented lips, a sheer warm red with enough brown/caramel in it to turn it into a YLBB colour. It's very versatile and can go from a work environment to a night out to a picnic in the park with ease. It has very little staying power but that was to be expected. I can see this being my chuck-it-on-and-go, no-mirror-required, basic/neutral lipstick. It fills a gap in my lipstick collection for that reason (and which was why I bought it!). It's cheap enough (I paid about AU$12 on Strawberrynet - cheaper than most drugstore lippies here) to repurchase several times, which I am probably going to do, given that others have commented on how quickly it gets used up. Packaging is very sleek. If you are scared of red lipstick or haven't found one that suits you yet then I recommend starting off with this very mild, muted shade.

on 11/4/2004 2:21:00 PM

Nice red. Not too bright and somewhat sheer, but still red, not pink. Beautiful packaging.

on 9/8/2004 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've wanted to buy this for ages and finally gave in at the duty free. It's a perfect, medium-sheer warm red, just as its name implies and it is very versatile. Will certainly repurchase. A really good product with very good packaging too.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

First, the bad news- these slimline lipstick cases hold the tiniest amount of product. If this were my every day lipstick, I'd use a tube up in 6 weeks. Now, the good news, which could also be bad. This could EASILY be my every day lip color. It is just perfect. Sheer, shiny reddish pink-brown. Looks like my lips after making out. Very nice.

on 1/11/2004 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my spring/summer staple. Next in line would be BB Lip Shine in Claret. The Honey Red is a pretty, sheer, moisturizing splash of color (a subtle caramelish-red gloss) with the added benefit of an SPF…again, perfect for spring/summer! My only complaint is that because of its sheer/glossy nature, I am forced to reapply several times a day.

on 9/27/2003 6:44:00 PM

I've been a Clinique fan for years, and the new Moisture Sheer lipsticks remind me why. This is a very moist, glossy product that leaves your lips soft even after the color wears off. Honey Red is a beautiful soft, earthy red. I have a feeling I'll be buying it over and over again.