CLINIQUE Moisture Sheer Lipstick - Honey Red

CLINIQUE Moisture Sheer Lipstick - Honey Red

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

On me (PPP), this is a creamy brownish/orangy/caramel/pinkish red, if that makes any sense at all. If it doesn't, then you're in the same league as me - it just didn't work, and I can't think of any other MU that would coordinate w/this. Also way more opaque than I expected from the name and my experience w/other Moisture Sheer lipsticks. Much prefer Ruby Kiss for a sheerer, truer red.

on 5/1/2007 12:54:00 PM

I love this color!! It's a rich golden red that matches my yellow toned skin and dark hair with blue eyes. Has anyone come across this sort of colour in a drugstore long lasting product like Revlon Colorstay? It's very annoying (and costly) to apply this product several times a day. If anyone can suggest a similar color in a longlasting product, please email me.

on 11/1/2006 8:44:00 AM

I "lost" my previous review, so trying again... Honey red is a toned-down sheer red (kind of a coral red on me) that goes well with my light yellow-toned skin. I cannot see any pink in it whatsoever. For me this is a red - not a pink or a brown or a coral - but it doesn't shout "red lipstick"! Honey Red even looks nice when I'm tanned. The colour goes on sheer and I can wear it without lipliner. This can easily be worn to the office. It wears comfortably on my dry lips and of course needs fairly frequent reapplication. Never mind. The only thing I dislike is the packaging: I love the sleek silver tube but hate the ugly magenta stripe on it! However I enjoy this lipstick I won't buy again since there are so many others out there to discover...

This lipstick is great! I love the colour and the fact that it has a sun protection factor in it. The downside is that the lipstick does fade rather quickly, but the upside is that it's still a beautiful colour even though it has faded! Oh, and I think it's much too small as well, but I would still buy it again when I've finished this tube.

on 3/7/2006 3:38:00 AM

Honey Red has been a staple in my handbag since I discovered it last summer. Beautiful sheer red with a touch of pink. It's a moisture sheer formula so it takes a couple of swipes to build up the color. With one layer on my Chanel Beige, Stila 30 watts, Armani LSF 5.5 skintone, my lips look sheer pinky red, two layers deepens the color, and finally with three layers it looks like a sheer red. The finish is glossy, almost like a lipgloss but not plasticky looking. It's moisturizing but the color does not last long. It does fade after a few hours. Although I love this lipstick I can't quite give it a perfect rating because of its size and packaging. It's tiny, I went through my first tube in a little over a month. Also the sleek silver tube design looks typical Clinique but that also means it gets dulled and scratched up in your purse. I still highly recommend Honey Red for red lips lovers and fearers!

on 1/8/2006 11:47:00 AM

I love the texture of this lipstick. It's very layerable and on my sallow PPP skin it works just fine. Bought it on Ebay for about $6 and am very happy with it. It is a touch more pigmented than the Bobbi Brown lip stains, but definitely not as thick as a classic lipstick. It is a bit more pink than I'd hoped, which is why I took off a lippie, but I'm still happy. In fact, I also bought one for my sister.

on 11/4/2004 2:21:00 PM

Nice red. Not too bright and somewhat sheer, but still red, not pink. Beautiful packaging.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I like this color. I'm not big on reds because I think they are too harsh for me. I'm a PPP with brown hair and blue eyes. This color is sheer and it's a perfect shade of red. Almost hard to describe. Not too light, not too dark, not too bright, not too orangy or bluey like some reds can be.

on 3/18/2004 10:32:00 AM

Honey red was sort of an impulse buy for me, but I am glad i got this shade. Absolutely beautiful on blondes. I'm not a huge fan of Clinique's lip shades or just colors across the board (I prefer them for foundation and the like) but for some reason or another, any of their reddish shades, like this and black honey, look especially cute on me.

on 2/11/2004 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

a nice warm taupey red, just a teeny bit orange (the name, 'honey red', is really perfectly fitting.) it is sheer with slightly more coverage then almost lipstick. it is moisturizing and long lasting. no smell and a hint of shine. i would highly recomend this!