CLINIQUE Moisture Sheer Lipstick - Honey Red

CLINIQUE Moisture Sheer Lipstick - Honey Red

4.6

on 9/27/2003 6:44:00 PM

I've been a Clinique fan for years, and the new Moisture Sheer lipsticks remind me why. This is a very moist, glossy product that leaves your lips soft even after the color wears off. Honey Red is a beautiful soft, earthy red. I have a feeling I'll be buying it over and over again.

on 1/11/2004 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my spring/summer staple. Next in line would be BB Lip Shine in Claret. The Honey Red is a pretty, sheer, moisturizing splash of color (a subtle caramelish-red gloss) with the added benefit of an SPF…again, perfect for spring/summer! My only complaint is that because of its sheer/glossy nature, I am forced to reapply several times a day.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

First, the bad news- these slimline lipstick cases hold the tiniest amount of product. If this were my every day lipstick, I'd use a tube up in 6 weeks. Now, the good news, which could also be bad. This could EASILY be my every day lip color. It is just perfect. Sheer, shiny reddish pink-brown. Looks like my lips after making out. Very nice.

on 1/27/2004 11:55:00 AM

Another of my holy-grail reds. Honey Red is definitely accurately named - a rich golden red that compliments my colouring quite well (I'm a warm-toned PPP with dark red/auburn hair and green/grey/blue eyes). This is also one of the few reds I've found that's summer-wearable; most seem too dark and dramatic for the season, but Honey Red is perfect. The formula is very creamy and sheer. The slim tube is the tiniest bit of disappointment - there is less of this product than with other Clinique lipsticks for the same price - but it's fine. I do like that I can pick this one out of my bag quite easily.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

On me (PPP), this is a creamy brownish/orangy/caramel/pinkish red, if that makes any sense at all. If it doesn't, then you're in the same league as me - it just didn't work, and I can't think of any other MU that would coordinate w/this. Also way more opaque than I expected from the name and my experience w/other Moisture Sheer lipsticks. Much prefer Ruby Kiss for a sheerer, truer red.

on 2/11/2004 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

a nice warm taupey red, just a teeny bit orange (the name, 'honey red', is really perfectly fitting.) it is sheer with slightly more coverage then almost lipstick. it is moisturizing and long lasting. no smell and a hint of shine. i would highly recomend this!

on 3/18/2004 10:32:00 AM

Honey red was sort of an impulse buy for me, but I am glad i got this shade. Absolutely beautiful on blondes. I'm not a huge fan of Clinique's lip shades or just colors across the board (I prefer them for foundation and the like) but for some reason or another, any of their reddish shades, like this and black honey, look especially cute on me.

on 3/18/2004 2:03:00 PM

This is the ONLY sheer red I've ever been able to find that doesn't turn fuschia on me (I'm a warm PPP). It's a wonderful find and I'm going to be buying it for years and years!

on 3/30/2004 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A red I can wear! It's difficult finding a red lipstick to suit my PPP warm-toned skin and strawberry blonde hair but this is a perfect muted warm-toned red.

on 4/16/2004 6:59:00 PM

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! One of my absolute favorites! A sheer ambered red that even a strawberry blonde like me can wear! Smooth and moisturizing and housed in an adorable metal case adorned with pink. Perfect!