Marcelle Oil Free Matte Finish Make Up in Normal/Oily/Combo Skin [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Marcelle Oil Free Matte Finish Make Up in Normal/Oily/Combo Skin [DISCONTINUED]
Oil Free Matte Finish Make Up in Normal/Oily/Combo Skin [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Ingredients: AQUA/WATER/EAU, CYCLOMETHICONE, TALC, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-2 STEARATE, STEARIC ACID , TRIETHANOLAMINE, PEG-32, GLYCERYL STEARATE , LECITHIN, POLYSORBATE 20, SORBITAN LAURATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL STEARATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL LAURATE, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, PANTHENOL, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, SODIUM LAUROYL SARCOSINATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, XANTHAN GUM, DIMETHICONE, BUTYLPARABEN, TRISODIUM HEDTA, May contain: ( TITANIUM DIOXIDE , IRON OXIDES, ULTRAMARINE

Nice dewey finish. I can, however, feel it on my skin.
Have used it on top of moisturizer, applied with a foundation brush. Have used it mixed in with my preferred moisturizer to create a lightly-tinted base (looked much more natural this way), and I still feel it on my skin, but not as strongly.
Not bad if you're stuck with a hypoallergenic product, but all I want to do is wipe my face.

on 4/28/2012 5:13:00 PM

I gave this foundation a 4 mainly because of the packaging. It is a very nice foundation, which doesnt break me out even after I sleep with it on (I know, very bad). It also controls my very shiny t-zone, and even when I am starting to shine, it is not as much as before.
The colour selection is pretty good, and th coverage is good for someone who doesnt need high-coverage...it acts like a tinted moisutizer. The packing bothers me because you have to either dip your brush in it, or put the liquid on your had. For the price, personally Id expect a pump.
I also paid it with the mattifying powder and it looks very natural, barely there.

on 4/15/2012 1:01:00 AM

I like this foundation a lot. Normally I use revlon colour stay for comb/oily skin but it tends to go on heavy. This foundation is very light weight with great coverage. One thing though is it dries very fast so blend as soon as u put on your skin. Not a huge colour range if your skin is darker. The ivory works perfect on my skin. I use rimmel matte powder in sandstrom it matches well with it. I wish it had an SPF in it mind you. I will be buying it again.

on 6/20/2011 8:53:00 AM

The coverage is pretty light and I found I had to put a second application in certain areas but this is a great product!! My skin looks and feels great, I would recommend this product and I would buy it again...I just wish the coverage was more medium than light.

This is a wonderful drugstore alternative to the much more expensive Nars Sheer Matte foundation. I use sheer matte in the shade Ceylan 6-light, and the shade Almond from Marcelle is what I use. It doesn't have the strong yellow undertones that Nars has, but works well for me, as I dust with a yellow loose powder anyway. For reference, I am an NC20-25 in Mac in the winter and this is a great shade for me. This line is very limited in shade selection, with this being the only pale shade with neutral undertones.

The reason I believe this is a good drugstore alternative, is that it performs in the same way as the higher-end brand, but at a quarter of the cost. Both products are oil-free, water-based and offer oil control with water, silicone and talc being the main ingrediants. If you are sensitive to silicone or talc, I would stay away from both of these.

They both have a natural matte finish that is not flat and dull and do not oxidize throughout the day. However, as with the Sheer matte, this does not remain matte all day long. There is some slight oil breakthrough for me on my tzone, about 5 hours after application, but I am by no means greasy as I would be with any other foundation. Rather, I have a "glow" or "dewiness" and the best part is that it does not seperate and look patchy which I've had problems with in the past.

The packaging is almost identical to sheer matte, with only a change in bottle caps. Both are in sqaured, frosted glass bottles with 1 fl. oz. I took a lippie off for lack of color selection and availibility. US and international makeup junkies will have to order by phone. Canadian girls can find this at most drugstores and larger grocery chains, often times at 20% off.

I would definately repurchase this, and will never go back to paying $55 for Nars.

I really enjoy this product. I love how it hasnt made me break out, and it feels so nice and light. It feels almost like water instead of grease. I love that feeling because my skin is very oily in the tzone. It stays nice and matte during the day, with minimal transfer. There is not a HUGE colour selection but ivory suits my skin tone very well and it looks so natural. Only downside is that it's not in a pump, but other than that i havent had any complaints. Its very easy to blend and has a flawless finish., I would repurchase. :)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I do like this foundation because it's never caused me to break out, its hypo-allergenic formula has never caused any sort of sensivity, and it's not too thick because of the water base.

I do use a concealer for any trouble areas I may, and I tend to use a makeup sponge to blend any lines while applying the foundation. It is not the most matte finish out there, but I like that it makes my skin look normal and healthy, not too shiny and not too matte not like a doll. It's great for a lighter-than-medium coverage.

The colour match is one of the better foundations I've tried out, and the price is one that I can't argue with (about $14 at Shoppers Drug Mart or about $11 if you get it at Walmart).

The original packaging is not the best. HOWEVER, you can pull off that boxy silver plastic cap so that you're left with a small white cap. It's a lot more managable and saves a lot of space in your purse or makeup bag. Thus, I've rated the packaging as a 4/5 based upon the bottle without the silver cap because that's how I keep it.

on 2/26/2010 1:04:00 AM

it didn't break me out, which is a good thing. however, it's not a matte foundation as the name suggests.
-coverage: i think this is a rather sheer and watery foundation, while somehow still managing to making you look like you're wearing makeup, which is terrible.
-staying power: not that great. i have oily skin (which this foundation is meant for) and when i blot my face throughout the day some foundation comes off onto the blotting paper. if i dont blot, the foundation forms this.. pattern.. where they clump wherever there's no pore/oil. hard to describe, but basically looks horrible.
-colour: i'm NC25 and i found this in Almond to work best for me. for me though, i could use a bit more yellow undertone. i can't speak for any other colour though.

on 7/21/2006 10:29:00 AM

I used this for a week and every night I couldn't wait to wash it off my face. This was not matte at all and left my skin feeling greasier than usual.
I wanted to love it. The colors are fine, and matched alright. I have a very oily t-zone and I think I'll stick with powder foundations in the future.

on 5/15/2006 8:37:00 PM

I had really high hopes for this since I was in the market for a matte foundation. This did not do it. A couple of hours later my nose was as shiny as ever and the colour selection was really limited and the shaade I chose was a tad too light. It blended quickly and it did stay pretty matte, everything that is except for my nose! I don't even have oily skin, just combo. I prefer Colorstay to this. It did come with a bonus blush/powder combo so the price was definiely right. Not terrible but not great.