Marcelle Oil Free Matte Finish Make Up in Normal/Oily/Combo Skin [DISCONTINUED]

Marcelle Oil Free Matte Finish Make Up in Normal/Oily/Combo Skin [DISCONTINUED]
Oil Free Matte Finish Make Up in Normal/Oily/Combo Skin [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Ingredients: AQUA/WATER/EAU, CYCLOMETHICONE, TALC, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-2 STEARATE, STEARIC ACID , TRIETHANOLAMINE, PEG-32, GLYCERYL STEARATE , LECITHIN, POLYSORBATE 20, SORBITAN LAURATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL STEARATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL LAURATE, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, PANTHENOL, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, SODIUM LAUROYL SARCOSINATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, XANTHAN GUM, DIMETHICONE, BUTYLPARABEN, TRISODIUM HEDTA, May contain: ( TITANIUM DIOXIDE , IRON OXIDES, ULTRAMARINE

on 7/21/2006 10:29:00 AM

I used this for a week and every night I couldn't wait to wash it off my face. This was not matte at all and left my skin feeling greasier than usual.
I wanted to love it. The colors are fine, and matched alright. I have a very oily t-zone and I think I'll stick with powder foundations in the future.

on 2/27/2006 5:12:00 PM

YESSS, I finally found a good foundation for my sensitive, yet pretty oily skin!!! This mattifies, and is thick, but easy to spread, and looks like my own skin. This is super natural looking and mattifties pretty good. I like Marcelle products and will continue to use their toner, powder and of course this!!
EDIT: Loved it for like a day or two; still may be good for those really sensitive days. I prefer the old revlon colorstay, for it's better staying power and awesome mattifying abilities, I really can't get enough of it, too bad it's discontinued, I use the last of my stash sparingly.

Nice dewey finish. I can, however, feel it on my skin.
Have used it on top of moisturizer, applied with a foundation brush. Have used it mixed in with my preferred moisturizer to create a lightly-tinted base (looked much more natural this way), and I still feel it on my skin, but not as strongly.
Not bad if you're stuck with a hypoallergenic product, but all I want to do is wipe my face.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product is much too watery for me, and you don't get much coverage with it at all. It did work well for my oily skin, but it's just way too thin.

I also don't like the bottle as I prefer a pump bottle.

on 2/26/2010 1:04:00 AM

it didn't break me out, which is a good thing. however, it's not a matte foundation as the name suggests.
-coverage: i think this is a rather sheer and watery foundation, while somehow still managing to making you look like you're wearing makeup, which is terrible.
-staying power: not that great. i have oily skin (which this foundation is meant for) and when i blot my face throughout the day some foundation comes off onto the blotting paper. if i dont blot, the foundation forms this.. pattern.. where they clump wherever there's no pore/oil. hard to describe, but basically looks horrible.
-colour: i'm NC25 and i found this in Almond to work best for me. for me though, i could use a bit more yellow undertone. i can't speak for any other colour though.

on 10/27/2009 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've used this for more than a month now, and i do like it, but it is defintlely not my HG. What i do like is that it doesnt make my face break out (which is really a miracle, becuz pretty much everything does), it looks really natural. However, its really thick which i dont like. It's not a mask type feeling that makes it thick, its the consistency, which i find harder to blend. It is also very light weight and gives very minimal coverage, and doesnt really stay matte that long. Overall i will keep using because it doesnt irritate my skin, but I'm still searching for my HG!!

on 5/15/2006 8:37:00 PM

I had really high hopes for this since I was in the market for a matte foundation. This did not do it. A couple of hours later my nose was as shiny as ever and the colour selection was really limited and the shaade I chose was a tad too light. It blended quickly and it did stay pretty matte, everything that is except for my nose! I don't even have oily skin, just combo. I prefer Colorstay to this. It did come with a bonus blush/powder combo so the price was definiely right. Not terrible but not great.

on 1/27/2013 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i bought this the first time for $7.50 CAD and second time $6.50 CAD. cant complain. it doesnt make me break out at all. doesnt cover great.. i need to use a ton of it to cover me up. i also find the colors very light. and they all look almost the same. it doesnt make me break out though whihc is the most important thing.. love it . will purhcase again

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Feels great on the skin. Light- medium coverage. lasts well on my oily skin. didnt break me out. I wish the packaging had a pump.

on 4/28/2012 5:13:00 PM

I gave this foundation a 4 mainly because of the packaging. It is a very nice foundation, which doesnt break me out even after I sleep with it on (I know, very bad). It also controls my very shiny t-zone, and even when I am starting to shine, it is not as much as before.
The colour selection is pretty good, and th coverage is good for someone who doesnt need high-coverage...it acts like a tinted moisutizer. The packing bothers me because you have to either dip your brush in it, or put the liquid on your had. For the price, personally Id expect a pump.
I also paid it with the mattifying powder and it looks very natural, barely there.