Giorgio Armani Matte Silk #13

No Image

When I first saw the color I thought to myself, no way am I buying that! It was a dark maroon color with gold & it looked very dark for my tone. I tried it anyway on the recommendation of the sales person & much to my surprise it looked fabulous! I love the quality of the lipstick, I have never really found a brand that I loved, I've always loved the colors but never actually the lipstick itself until I tried Giorgio Armani. My only gripe & this could just be me, is that the lids keep coming off in my purse & I destroy them. I've tried several & they all come off. Nonetheless I have continued to purchase these as they are the most amazing lipsticks I've ever used.

Very amazing matte lipsticks! i usually steer clear of matte lipsticks cos my lips tend to require heavy moisturising lippies. but this actually wasnt drying for my lips & i didnt need to wear a lipbalm under the lipstick like i usually do and it didnt cause my lips to crack or flake unlike some other brands of lipsticks even with my lipbalm on! lipstick is also a dream to apply & coloour comes out evenly. love the matte black casing, much better than the mania casing. would repurchase unfortunately, have read that they are discontiuning the matte range!

Colourwise-> Its a lovely plummy shade with microshimmers in gold & red! really gives your lips a very nice effect! not a boring flat matte lippie but one with a good dose of pigments & is multi-dimensional! seems more like a night shade - makes me look darn glmaourous! Will repurchase. unfortunately armani is discontinuing the matte line!

continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a really difficult one to describe, as it's multi-tonal. Like many of the Matte Silks, this one looks totally different in the tube than on the lips. It's similar to Matte Silk #14 in that it's heavy on the gold shimmer. Like #14, this is a Fall/Winter colour. In the tube it looks like a metallic plum w/ a little brown. On my pigmented red lips, this is a gorgeous mauve/plum w/ gold shimmer. Upon application, I see no brown at all. I think this would work on warm and cool skin tones; it's a glam shade that I'll be sad to see taken off the shelves. Yes, Armani is discontinuing the Matte Silk line in a few months, so get them while you can!

on 2/14/2005 2:35:00 AM

This is a no fail absolutely gorgeous color. This was my first Armani purchase and I couldn't have asked for a better product. I always carry this around since it goes with everything. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have to agree. In the tube it looks super sparkly and a deep mauve. It goes on soooo gorgeous though. The shimmer settles down when applied and totally softens the look and I usually don't go for darker colors. It's is very pigmented, but you can adjust the sheerness of it. It's absolutely beautiful. Right now since it's a very new fall color, only Armani NYC seems to be carrying it (unless you want to order it from Paris), but hopefully other stores will get it soon.

on 9/25/2003 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Now you girls will have to bear with me because Giorgio Armani matte silk lipstick #13 is hard to describe. In looking at it in the lipstick tube it looks like a medium brownish-burgundy with shimmer. When the sales person at Giorgio Armani cosmetics told me that this was one of their new fall lipstick shades I immediately took a look at it and said flat out "not for me!". It just didn't look like a color that would look good on me. Then she told me that they had a recent fashion show in the Giorgio Armani store and that every one of the models had worn this lipstick color. She swore that it looked fabulous on everybody. So I broke down and agreed to let her try it on me. To my complete surprise I fell in love with this lipstick color. On my lips it morphs into a gorgeous slightly brownish-burgundy with sexy but subtle shimmer. For daytime I just wear one layer of this color and a dab of gloss and it's a nice my lips but just a little deeper look. At night I add a couple of layers for a deeper more intense look. This lipstick also has the added bonus of making my teeth look whiter (always a plus for me). Truly this is a perfect fall-winter shade and I believe that this color would look good on a lot of people. You must try this lipstick on to get a feel for how the color will look on you. I promise you won't be disappointed. I've been wearing this shade every day since I bought it - something I never do since I am a certified lipstickaholic. 5 stars for this most gorgeous of new lipstick colors. *****

Popular Lipsticks