L'Artisan Fragrances Premier Figuier Extrême

3.8

on 8/5/2016 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love fig fragrances and I have many. To be honest, my first response to this fragrance was to return it. But after wearing it for a few days, and allowing the scent to develop over time, I've grown to love it! The fragrance is definitely fig, but not fig with citrus, fig with honey, or just plain fig. Rather, it's much more complex than just a bombardment of fruit notes or leaf notes, and I attribute its complexity to its sandalwood base. As the fragrance dries down, it's this sandalwood base that predominates. The fruit, leaf, and bark notes are still there, but are deepened by sandalwood.

I have no experience with the original EdT formula, but I've read that it it is fruitier. If you want fig and fig only, stick with Diptyque's Philosykos (also beautiful), but if you're searching for something more complex, give this scent a try. It's definitely in my top three fig scents. And the packaging is beautiful (but I keep my fragrances on display in their original boxes to protect them from light). Well worth the money and an absolute keeper.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My spring and summer fragrance!
I love the smell of figues and this is exactly what they smell like.
It's fresh,like fresh cut grass.
Smells expensive and what i like about it,it smells like old classy perfumes.To me,most perfumes nowadays have a "chemical" "cheap" smell.
When i put this on people always ask me what i'm wearing.

on 3/5/2013 3:51:00 PM

What a pleasant and modest fragrance that is both realistic and ethereal, elusive. I never thought I would fall in love with a fig fragrance or something that has coconut in - but alas. Le Premier Figuiere Extreme is clean and milky on my skin, more demure and deeper than airy but sugary Philosykos. Coconut here is rather a very light touch of coconut milk, adding a bit more life to the milky note. And the figs are green, perhaps even wild. It has some earthy moments but nothing that disturbs the overall serenity. Casual, modest but somehow addictive. Close to skin, but somehow present. I think its simplicity is the fruit of great skill, talent and mastery. It makes me think of summer breeze in the Mediterranean and pastel colours. I'll wear it a lot this spring and I feel lucky to have come across it.

on 10/11/2011 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My first thought was that I had found my holy grail. I think this is the most pleasant fig fragrance Ive triedit presents such an excellent green accord: Fig leaf, green notes, a bit of pineall smooth and rich, non-aromatic and non-resinous; its quite warm and it retains its warmth through the dry down. There is a slight touch of sweetness in the accords, the result, I think, of the almond milk and a bit of dried fruit. I dont smell the coconut and I dont get a strong sandalwood, but then, none of the notes seem to stand out in this beautifully refined green / milky fragrance. It is linear and doesnt throw very much sillage; it stays close to the skin and has good longevity. I don't see it as particularly feminine. I must say, though, that this fragrance provided the quickest olfactory fatigue that Ive ever experienced. Within five minutes of applying it, I couldnt smell it. After fifteen minutes of avoidance, there it was back again in all its glory. So I had to short shift my sniffing sessions while I was wearing it. Premier Figuier Extme is just plain beautiful.

Notes:fig tree leaves, gorse bush flowers; almond milk, figs, sandalwood; coconut milk, dried fruit notes, stone pine.

This fragrance opens with the typical fig note: green and milky at the same time. Underneath the strong fig note I smell the aromatic sandalwood which acts as its base, but only if I go very close to the skin. In this fragrance the fig note is softer, compared to other fig scents. As the fragrance progresses, the milky bitterness of the fig leaves softens to a harmonious nutty milk and sweet fig fruit accord. Once the fragrance has reached this stage, it stays this way until it fades. Lasts for roughly 4 hours on my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

I first tried Philosykos a month ago and was completely enthralled with the experience, it was the most wonderful thing I had ever smelled, at first green, sharp and then developed into the beautiful scent of a fig, a little coconutty, still green, wonderful. The problem was it disappeared in almost an hour. So then I tried Premier Figuier and PFE, and side by side, PF was lost in comparison to the stronger, richer PFE, and did fall in love with PFE. So I came home with the beautiful PFE bottle. At first I found it very strong, very coconutty, not very green. Keep in mind that my fig journey had begun with Philosykos. After a week, I am able to love it. I do smell the green, and the fig, and all the wonderful aromas of fig. But it is not sharp, it is feminine, and beautiful. The absolute perfect scent. It is PF, but sexy and lasts and lasts.
EDIT: Sorry to the lovers but this perfume smells like ashes on the drydown...really gross

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Very nice overall. One of my favorite L'Artisans I've tried so far. I love the effect the creamy, slightly sweet powder of the fig and sandalwood has in blending together. The sweetness is slight, and produces in my mind, a bizarre association of: my own very sweet grandmother, when I was a child and, for some reason, a Buddhist altar, the figs all piled up on a bronze bowl with sandalwood incense unlit in an offering dish. There would have to be bowls of milk here as well. The milkiness in this scent is unparalleled. It smells lovely on my skin... very maternal, generous and peaceful.

I don't get coconut, -maybe- coconut milk? But smells less like coconut, more like cream on me. Nor do I get any pine or green from this.

EDIT: I kind of dislike the drydown of this. It smells somewhat too mature for me, like the fig gets too soft, sweet and overripe. Minus 1 lippie!

on 2/16/2010 11:52:00 PM

(3.5)

If figs grew on fairytale trees whose wood was santal and whose needles were pine, then we would have Premier Figuier Extreme, a fragrance that begins as the pure flesh of ripe fig and ends as a bit of a horticultural upset.

PFE shows promise in the money notes, the ones that appear first and that attract an unconsidered purchase. Luscious fig pulp smells honeyed at the outset, joined by what L'Artisan gives as almond and coconut milks. The fig is clear as sugar syrup and is nearly as sweet. You could stay in this phase forever, gratified as much by the scent as memory would be gratified by recalling a simple dessert of figs drizzled with honey, taken al fresco...

Reality intrudes. PDE (and PE before it) is a glorious artistic conceit: to create a scent that explores all facets of fig and to select as companion notes those extraneous things that both illustrate and repurpose it into aesthetic brilliance, to take nature one step beyond.

But nature can be bitter and it often victimizes where it might enhance. This is the effect of combining sandalwood with pine in the base, and it it transcends the fig notes almost in entirety, leaving the wearer wondering why the fig has been abandoned in favor of the wood and the cone.

PDE has an exceptional amount of movement, although I am not sure if this is deliberate. It went from sour to powdery to gasoline fumes and then into bitterness, ultimately becoming a frustrating exercise in futility as the wearer searched for the promise of the opening.

There is even a strong and stubborn "perfumey" section that refuses to give up its grip and floats above the sandalwood drydown with some persistence, becoming irritatingly soapy. It feels as if the fragrance has moved away from its moment; where fig should have been center stage it is not and raw pine needles and sandalwood are. Although there is a floral note, it isn't necessarily anything recognizable and seems only to serve the purpose of making PDE smell like "perfume."

Overall, it smells as if two-thirds of this fragrance has been outsourced, or was a brief worked on by various competitive noses, each with his or her own agenda. That it moves with such whiplash speed from sweet to bitter is interesting and a peculiar study in contrasts, except I am certain this is not what was intended. The end result is the olfactory equivalent of eating ripe fig and then sucking on bark. Quirky enough to become addictive, even if the equilibrium is off. continued >>

on 7/17/2009 7:43:00 AM

Hm, nice, although I usually don't like figue scents. The milky-coconut blast is also nice and comforting here (and I don't like the smell of coconut in perfumes either).

All in all, a fragrance that I was sure I wouldn't like turned to be quite nice and almost on my wish list. Anyway, I am not sure would I buy it because the drydown is a bit flat, bland, and I have noticed a strange artificial ruberry (?) smell in it.

Between 3+ and 4.

I love the blast of coconut I get when i put this on but it doesn't last it just gets rather blah and boring on me after a while, I don't hate it but I don't think its going on my to buy list, after reading the reviews maybe its the sandalwood I don't like. I like it more than the original though.

Popular Fragrances