MAC Viva Glam I - the original

MAC Viva Glam I - the original

4.6

Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Stearyl Stearoyl Stearate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 1/9/2017 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm in the minority here but this lipstick did not work for me. EXTREMELY drying (it sucked ALL the moisture that existed in my lips), feathered and bled and after an hour it looked like I had drunk fruit punch leaving this unnatural stain on my lips enhancing all my lines. Worst part, the stain was extremely uneven so it looked like a 3 year old had applied this lipstick on me.

However here are the pros:
-great color and a red that I suspect will work for most
-very pigmented
-does stain your lips BUTnot evenly over time

on 1/5/2017 4:32:00 AM

This is a mid toned, neutral red on my NC42 complexion. It doesn't lean too cool or two warm, which makes it a great red to match different eye makeup and so on. It's a matte formulation and kind of retro looking and lasts better than a glossy shade might, which is great.
I think this could be worn by people with many different complexions / colouring, simply because it's a versatile shade of red that isn't too bright, too dark or too pink or brown. I don't find it drying even though it's a matte formula.
I have no issue with the price, packaging and longevity on lips and in tube (it doesn't dry up in the tube within a matter of months, so that's a plus).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

An everyday wearable red. A red with a muted brown undertone to it. So gorgeous and perfect to just throw on and head out the door. Matte finish but not drying, it is still creamy and hydrating on the lips. If you want to start wearing reds this is a perfect entry into the world of the Crimson Lip. Welcome!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

How do you describe perfection ?
I am a lipstick junkie and have tried Russian red ( looks orange on me ) , ruby woo ( too blue , boo hoo ) and everything Chanel and Nara ever made. This lipsticks wins. The color makes a statement without being full on bright , has just enough brick in it to warm the skin and stays put. I mean , what more do you want in a lipstick. If a guy were adorable , warm and would stay put , you'd date him right ? Well , wear this lipstick. It's a long term relationships.

on 6/28/2016 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite red ever. Goes well with my warm/neutral skin tone. I have a very hard time finding lipsticks I like that compliment my coloring. Im in my early 50s, I now pat this on with my finger, it looks more like a stain its more muted that way. Its not a bright slap you in the face red. I think its very elegant and sophisticated.

This HAS to be hands down one of the best lipsticks I have ever used. The colour alone is magic. I'm Asian with nc35 (medium yellow) skintone and the colour is so incredibly flattering. The rep had dark brown skin and also looked amazing with it. It doesn't seem blue red to me as much as a true red, but maybe that's just because it looks good on me haha. The staying power is strong, it's not extremely drying by any means, though I do always use carmex at night anyways. For anybody with warm skin or darker skin tones, I would solidly recommend this. (This is fickle, but I got many compliments wearing this today!)

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HG red lipstick. For a light-medium, yellowish undertone skin, this muted brownish-red shade is perfect! Cannot reccommend it enough for those with similar skintones as mine. I actually found out about this shade when I was researching for red lipstick that's not too in-you-face. It's not too bright, not too bold but still very lovely and elegant. I can wear it during the day (blotted down) and night. This is has a comfortable matte finish and is long wearing. I prep my lips by applying a lip balm for 5-15 mins before applying the lipstick. I will buy again when I finish a tube.

on 4/23/2016 5:07:00 PM

Love this lipstick. Such a great red shade, especially for people like me who don't like their reds too bright. It's also JUST dark enough, for those who don't like overly vampy colors. Good matte formula, and not overly drying. Highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

as always, this lipstick, like all macs, smells sweet and has no taste. im a loyal russian red and although this colour wont replace it, its a nice change. its deeper and not as bright as russian red and not as aging and dry as ruby woo.

on 12/30/2015 5:41:00 PM

My lipstick staple. I have brown skin and I absolutely glows in this shade. It doesn't stain my teeth, its smooth as velvet on my lips, it's worth every tube. I even use a lip brush to use it to the last drop, if its running out, i use it as lip liner. Viva Glam is a friend who was with me the moment I discovered lipstick can make me feel so glam. I will always have to replenish and come back to it again and again when I run out.