MAC Viva Glam I - the original

MAC Viva Glam I - the original

4.6

Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Stearyl Stearoyl Stearate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 6/28/2016 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite red ever. Goes well with my warm/neutral skin tone. I have a very hard time finding lipsticks I like that compliment my coloring. Im in my early 50s, I now pat this on with my finger, it looks more like a stain its more muted that way. Its not a bright slap you in the face red. I think its very elegant and sophisticated.

This HAS to be hands down one of the best lipsticks I have ever used. The colour alone is magic. I'm Asian with nc35 (medium yellow) skintone and the colour is so incredibly flattering. The rep had dark brown skin and also looked amazing with it. It doesn't seem blue red to me as much as a true red, but maybe that's just because it looks good on me haha. The staying power is strong, it's not extremely drying by any means, though I do always use carmex at night anyways. For anybody with warm skin or darker skin tones, I would solidly recommend this. (This is fickle, but I got many compliments wearing this today!)

To Read all 230 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HG red lipstick. For a light-medium, yellowish undertone skin, this muted brownish-red shade is perfect! Cannot reccommend it enough for those with similar skintones as mine. I actually found out about this shade when I was researching for red lipstick that's not too in-you-face. It's not too bright, not too bold but still very lovely and elegant. I can wear it during the day (blotted down) and night. This is has a comfortable matte finish and is long wearing. I prep my lips by applying a lip balm for 5-15 mins before applying the lipstick. I will buy again when I finish a tube.

on 4/23/2016 5:07:00 PM

Love this lipstick. Such a great red shade, especially for people like me who don't like their reds too bright. It's also JUST dark enough, for those who don't like overly vampy colors. Good matte formula, and not overly drying. Highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

as always, this lipstick, like all macs, smells sweet and has no taste. im a loyal russian red and although this colour wont replace it, its a nice change. its deeper and not as bright as russian red and not as aging and dry as ruby woo.

on 12/30/2015 5:41:00 PM

My lipstick staple. I have brown skin and I absolutely glows in this shade. It doesn't stain my teeth, its smooth as velvet on my lips, it's worth every tube. I even use a lip brush to use it to the last drop, if its running out, i use it as lip liner. Viva Glam is a friend who was with me the moment I discovered lipstick can make me feel so glam. I will always have to replenish and come back to it again and again when I run out.

on 12/27/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

If you're Asian or have strong yellow or olive tones and are wondering if this would be flattering, I'd say do it. This is a very beautiful dark deep red with a hint of brown. Very retro red. Looks rich and sophisticated as opposed to ruby woo which makes me look like a teenager trying to recreate the 60's escort look. For reference, I'm NC 37 with very strong warm yellow undertones. Application is really easy but if you're uncomfortable with very matte lipstick's, this might not be for you. I use a dab of lip balm before applying, blot, then reapply. This keeps it intact and comfortable on the lips for a couple hours. I had oily fish for dinner with this on and there was only the slightest fading on my inner bottom lip. Nothing a little blotting wouldn't fix. I've found that it doesn't really transfer on to glasses. There's minimal to no transfer while kissing (not making out) and it brightens my face and makes my teeth look white. It's also not dark enough to border on vampish. It's perfect. I would buy this again but if you're running low on cash, do look into Milani matte confident lipstick, which is a close enough dupe. It's not as deep as viva glam and has less brown but good enough. Both are true reds with no hint of wine or pink on me. Darker skinned ladies/men would look stunning with this on. It's highly pigmented and one swipe gives you pretty good coverage.

on 12/9/2015 5:19:00 PM

This is my favorite red by mac because ruby woo makes me look older than what I am and sometimes it flakes off the lips and russian red is still too bright I like vg1 because it is a deeper shade of red but still red not burgandy like diva and for my skin tone this looks best. I have a lipstick by nyc called red rapture that looks exactly like vg1 but its not a matte. Next ill try mac red and see how that works for me? Btw dare you by mac is also a beautiful deep red try it!

My favorite red. Hands down.

I may start a Mac Civil War by this statement but.....

It's way better than Ruby Woo and Russian Red.

The formula of this is amazing. The shade of red is that glamorous old hollywood red that can be uber glam, or make for a crazy cute casual look with jeans and a tshirt.

I use this with Mac's liner in Brick and it lasts forever. Had a coffee date with a friend and this look freshly applied after hours of sipping tea.

Best. Red. Ever.

I love this lipstick! I am quite pale so I wanted a red lipstick that was pretty but wasn't bright. I love the colour of this lipstick as it's so easy to wear. I love the packaging and the standard vanilla smell of MAC lipsticks. It isn't drying either which is great