3.1

price range

Reviews

from

4 months ago

So I love this old school brush and also the way it intially looks in my lashes. Unfortunately after about 2h, the oils on my eyelids completely dissolve this mascara and it flows down to my under eye area, making me look a bit heroin cheque a la 1993. This happens even though I haven't applied it in my lower lashes. Unwearable for me.

About reviewer (99 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

1.0

a year ago

Made eyelashes look clumpy and like spider legs.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

2 years ago

Is great for length and volume, haven't used many mascara that make my lashes so big/long but it can make them clumpy which I find is difficult for the bottom lashes but I still love it. It's the only mascara I use and constantly buy, I do think it is quite pricey for a mascara but I think it is worth it and it lasts all day.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2.0

2 years ago

I remember a few years ago, when I first started wearing makeup, my makeup artist would use this on me all the time and I LOVED it. It gave me the dramatic, spidery look that I love. I'm not sure if that was because she was using a clean spooolie instead of the brush or if I'm just remembering incorrectly but I recently bought this again, expecting to love it, and it has almost no impact. I think it adds some volume but basically nothing in the dark or length department. I've started using it with MAC Bad and Bold Lash, which is a surprisingly good product, because I don't want to totally throw this away with no use. Really disappointing given how much I love Benefit products.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2 years ago

Best mascara I've used yet!! Love the brush, it lengthens and volumizes my lashes. Does not flake.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I got this mascara as a mascara set from Sephora. The brush is nice and full, color is rich and black and I feel that it covers all of my lashes even the small ones as the brush papers at the end. I really wanted to give this mascara more stars. It Both link things and curls my lashes and coats them completely. They look amazing! However, after a long day it does tend to smudge under my eyes. I don’t apply it to my bottom lashes but still and up with slight raccoon eyes. Another negative is that it doesn’t completely come off even with my seller water and an oil wash. I will not re-purchased this in the full-size.

About reviewer (391 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

I think this has been overhyped. It's a decent mascara, but I expected it to be a lot better given all the reviews I had read. The brush is massive, even for me with my big eyes. It smudges and flakes on me. It's also not cheap. I must say I am very disappointed with this mascara, I've tried Essence and W7 mascaras that do the job a lot better for much less money.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

I got this in travel size and I am happy that I have not paid full price for the regular size. The mascara itself is very good - excellent separation, thickness and length after first stroke. And not harmful for my lashes - no falling out, no breaking. Initially... After nearly 2 months of use, something happened and I got allergic reaction. In middle of the day my eyes became red, watery and itchy. Same with my lids. I am sure that's the mascara as I had not changed anything in my beauty routine and after switching to a different mascara all stopped.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Coarse

3 years ago

The mascara straightens the lashes rather than curl them, needs many re-applications, and smudges quite easily, Okay, but not worth $20 USD

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBlack

2.0

3 years ago

When I opened a tube of this, I though it was a mascara wand made for giants. Or giant eyeballs. Either way, my petite hooded lids were a big ole mess, and I had to run a comb through my lashes several times to take out some clumps. I also found that the formula took a while to dry, and when it did finally dry, it quickly wore off onto surrounding eye skin, which makes one look like they've been crying. Luckily this mascara did not have the power to make me cry, but it did make me regret my purchase.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35