Neutrogena Rainbath Shower Gel

Neutrogena Rainbath Shower Gel
Enter Title

4.1

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramide DEA, Oleyl Betaine, Fragrance, Polysorbate-20, Propylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, BHT, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Chloride, FD&C Red 40, FD&C Yellow 5, Blue 1.

on 11/11/2018 4:26:00 PM

why have i waited so long to buy this? i got tired of using soap soap soap and remembered this stuff i would always just use sample. i ordered a giant 40 oz bottle. first thing i remembered was the wonderful smell. it makes showering divine again. and i did not have to use a lot. bubbles up well. after a few days i noticed that my skin was a lot smoother. i think it healed it. i have used other body washes but i never noticed this result. and this body wash did not irritate my skin. i love the smell so much i went and got the neutrogena clarifying shampoo. all i can say is that this body wash is in a league of its own both for its blissful scent and bubbles and for its skin conditioning qualities.

on 5/11/2018 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I can't even remember how long ago I started using this. I don't know about others but for me there definitely came a time when I became more aware of how to treat my skin nicely. I was still at an age where this product alone made my skin feel noticeably softer without any add-ons afterward. Those were truly the days. Of course as I got older, so many other choices came into view. More natural, and exotic ingredients presented themselves. Of those, Caudalie is still a standout. Even so, I am seeking more wallet friendly products of late. When I saw this in a travel size along with the sesame body oil, I decided they'd be a good stand in for the awful hotel toiletries in Chicago. It was cold and my skin was angry dry, but after showering with this stuff, I was playing spot the crepey skin! The wash itself was nicely moisturizing, but together with the oil it was just the trick. Now, this is coming from someone who regularly uses concentrated lotions and washes with fruit acids, as the message has been for a while that they are what improves aging skin. But I think I'm burning out on the hype of those things. After a good start with them, I'm noticing considerably less results of late. The Neutrogena products may not be packed full of skin loving ingredients, but nonetheless, the formulations are well done and gentle. The fragrance is nicely "there", while not overbearing. It almost seems stupid not to buy it on a regular basis rather than keep it as a treat. And yet, that's what I do. Go figure...

on 6/15/2017 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great classic basic shower gel that is gentle on all body parts and smells wonderful whilst keeping me just as stink-free as Irish Spring or any other manly deodorant soap wash (I prefer to girly scents). Can shave w it too. PLUS - I love anything in a pump. Anything that can come pump-style I get. Makes it so easy. Perfection. Makes a great bath. Bubbly. This and the sesame oil it's always next to on the shelf at the store are great products. The wash isn't moisturizing nor does it claim to be. It just doesn't make you more dry though so that's good. People say there are better more natural bath options out there now in 2017, which I also enjoy, but there's nothing like kicking it old school with some neutrogena! Been using since 90s.

on 3/24/2017 2:44:00 PM

I love the fragrance, and the overall experience I have using this is nostalgic and blissful. Like a comforting, lazy Sunday scent. But as much as I love this, with all healthier choices with natural oils and wholesome ingredients available in today's bodywashes, I just can't bring myself to make this a regular thing. Every so often I'll grab the 1$ dollar travel sized version of this and the sesame oil at the drugstore to enjoy as a treat. Would be a 5-star if I felt better about the ingredients I was putting on my skin.

on 11/15/2015 9:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Unfortunately for the price, I don't think it's that good. It does smell pretty good but I'd expect more moisturising and gentle ingredients from an expensive shower gel but it's mainly SLS and fragrance. Neutrogena make some of my favourite products (Healthy Skin line, they have some really good sunscreens too) but I don't think this one is for me and I might stick with gentle and moisturising glycerin/decyl glucoside based formulas.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm in love with this stuff and have been for 10+ years. It's a spicy & musky lather that doesn't dry out my skin. I purchased the original scent from Costco. Yes, Costco. It's a huge bottle with a pump on it and it lasts me for 3 months.

This review is for the Replenishing Shower and Bath Gel in Ocean Mist (blue). I've only used this a handful of times, but am really liking it so far. I've always been very particular about body washes because I've had keratosis pilaris on my upper arms for EONS, and certain soaps/washes seem to worsen the condition. I was a faithful user of St.Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter body wash for years, but thought I'd try this out because the scent was sooo enticing! The ginormous pump packaging from Costco is super convenient and I can actually control the amount dispensed. The scent isn't strictly fruity or strictly floral, but just fresh and clean-smelling, and I like how it lingers on my skin for a few hours post-shower. My skin feels very clean and not stripped after using it, but I wouldn't say this is moisturizing, so I'm not sure I'll use this during the autumn/winter months. In regards to my KP, it hasn't exacerbated it, but it hasn't made it disappear either. I'm going to keep using this due to the fresh, clean feeling I get after use, the non-exacerbating of my KP, and the awesome, subtlely-lingers-on-my-skin scent. :)

on 5/3/2015 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This original Rainbath is divine! I tried the Pear & Green Tea (green bottle) version before this one and hated that. It smelled so manly like cologne I couldn't wait to finish it. This one on the other hand, smells really great, like a mix of spices and yet, is still refreshing. I prefer this fragrance so much more than the usual fruity/flowery shower gel smells. It's also really moisturizing and great for shaving legs. Oh and I don't react to it, though I have very sensitive skin. Knocking off a star though because it's pretty expensive for a shower gel! I really like it though. UPDATE AFTER A MONTH OF USING THIS: I find the smell of this shower gel less pleasant than I first did. It's starting to smell like insecticide to me, which is gross. Ugh! I think the Neutrogena shower gels just aren't for me.

on 1/1/2015 11:42:00 AM

This has to be one of my fondest memories of childhood, using rainbath shower gel. It smells so fresh and invigorating, I just love it. Unfortunately, upon examining this product as an adult, I do not recognize more than half of the ingredients and the principal ingredient is sodium laureth sulfate, which is found in a host of products, but is not particularly well-suited to sensitive skin. I also prefer more moisturizing shower gels now, and this does not offer much in the way of moisture, so I would not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

One of my favorites! Beautiful smell, kind of herbal (medicinal, even) but in a clean way--if that makes any sense. I love the texture of the product...it's a nice, transparent gel that washes efficiently without ever drying out your skin. Rinses clean with no residue. The price is right to me, because I was shelling out a lot more for my previous HG wash. The only downfall is pretty minor: I would just love to see this in a squeeze tube as opposed to a pump.

Popular Gels/Soaps