Ponds Deep Cleanser and Makeup Remover With Cucumber Extract

Ponds Deep Cleanser and Makeup Remover With Cucumber Extract
Pond's Deep Cleanser & Makeup Remover

Water; Mineral Oil; Isopropyl Palmitate; Glycerin; Cetyl Alcohol; Ceteth-20; Triethanolamine; Cetearyl Alcohol; Glyceryl Stearate; Carbomer; Fragrance; Methylparaben; Magnesium Aluminum Silicate; PEG-4 Laurate; Diazolidinyl Urea; Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate; Butylene Glycol; Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract

on 10/7/2017 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I recently ordered this online to try it out again since I had used it in the past. I had been buying fragrance-free products prior to this, but I could have sworn my face tolerated this stuff fine. It turns out I was somewhat wrong...it ended up irritating me enough that I got some spots and even a little dryness in a few areas. (Dryness is a sign of irritation for me - this stuff is actually moisturizing). Back when I used this before, I probably didn't realize how much my skin needed something without fragrance, so now I know. (I breakout even worse from the original Ponds with the rose scent). :/

I patch tested this on my neck as well after using it on my face to ensure the acne wasn't from something else, and even my neck got irritated. If this stuff doesn't irritate you, it's amazing for taking off makeup without drying skin though. I would apply it to dry skin and take off with a gentle wash cloth. I got it for around $8.79 a piece online from Walgreens.

Note: The mineral oil in this didn't seem to clog me, but YMMV. Every cold cream I've tried has irritated me due to fragrance. I also tried Albolene, but that left my skin weirdly dry. Will update when I find an alternative for removing makeup if others find this product doesn't work for them.

on 8/23/2017 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

ETA: the mineral oil in this caused breakouts for me in the two days I used it. Proceed with caution. I even used baby wipes, a makeup wipe, and then cleansed with my face wash and the mineral oil residue must have still clogged my skin.
--------------------
I bought the original Ponds cold cream cleanser but couldn't even use it because the rose smell was just too strong for my sensitive nose.

I decided to try this since I saw it mentioned in the other reviews, and I agree - this is great stuff! The first ingredient is water, unlike the original cold cream cleanser which is mineral oil. Both have mineral oil, but this one has water listed first - which is why its' a bit runnier.

I love the consistency - a little goes a long way - and the smell is great! It's still a scent, but the cucumber is so much better than the floral rose of the original cold cream cleanser. I can stand the cucumber, it's not bad. Reminds me of Bath and Body Works Cucumber Melon spray!

It WORKS. I use this to take off my foundation and with one swipe of a washcloth - it takes everything OFF. I do go back over with a makeup wipe - but everything is GONE. I also wash with my cleanser to get the mineral oil off my skin - but it works. If this doesn't break my sensitive skin out - it's a keeper.

I use this as a makeup remover before washing my face with my beloved Olay Sensitive skin foaming face wash. It gets the job done, and makes my skin very soft. I would repurchase.

on 5/22/2016 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Oily residue and fragrance - This cleanser received a 4 out of 5 on Beautypedia so I decided to try it. It wasn't the worst but the fact that it has fragrance added is crazy? I don't want to have to use a separate eye makeup remover and this left a hazy residue on my eyes. It's the mineral oil that does that to me. It also didn't remove my eye makeup on the first application. I will be returning this and going back to my CVS Hydrating Cleanser. This works so much better than the Pond's.

on 12/20/2015 10:50:00 PM

I tried this mistakenly when I was much younger and this was clearly a mistake for me young, acne-prone skin. I was looking for a makeup remover that was not harsh, and while this was not harsh, this clogged my pores. The mineral oil content in this is not reasonable and is easily replaced by other ingredients that have a less detrimental impact on the environment and on my skin. I broke out after using this, and have since discovered many better alternatives (such as One Love Organics Skin Savior Waterless Beauty Balm).

on 12/20/2015 8:33:00 PM

LOVE this product! I've been so over spending $10 on makeup remover wipes that last me 2 weeks. I have been searching for a cheap cleanser to take the place of wipes & I'm so happy I finally found it. I use it to remove my makeup with some warm water then follow up with my Clarasonic and Cetaphil. The ponds cleanser leaves my face 1000X smoother than it has ever been and I can instantly see a difference in my completion. Definitely my new holy grail product!

on 4/28/2015 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Every time, I've tried to run away from this product, it finds me somewhere strolling through the beauty isle. It tells me that no other product will be as cheap and will remove makeup as well. The product never lies. In recent months though, I've turned to coconut oil to remove make-up but something didn't sit well with me. I can't put my hands on it. In any case, I keep a tub of this stuff on deck. Fortunately, I rarely ever have to rebuy often because my everyday make-up wear is minimal and I only need a little for it to work. To apply, I use a soft cloth with warm water and wipe. The fact that I'm sloughing the skin makes me feel good about my skincare routine and about getting all the product off. But oh yeah. The mineral oil. You'll either be on the side that its the devil or be forever flamed for using it. If you don't mind the flame-come on over to the dark side.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I have very oily skin and Ponds' Cold Cream is too thick and greasy, but this is just right. It takes a little work to get it to remove my waterproof mascara but other than that, it's perfect. It removes my ColorStay foundation and sunscreen quickly and thoroughly. I do follow up with cleansing with Neutrogena Foaming Cleanser and Makeup Remover and a couple of times a week I use my Olay cleansing brush. By the time I've rinsed, my skin is thoroughly clean and fresh. I love the cucumber smell and the fact that it isn't greasy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I feel this really irritates my eyes for a short amount of time which is surprising to me because Pond's cleansing creams are my HG go to items since I was twelve. Aside from the slight irritation to the sensitive skin of my eyes I have nothing bad to say about this product because it melts and removes makeup LIKE A DREAM.
But I still prefer the original Ponds Cold Cream to remove my makeup because that one doesn't burn my skin AT ALL. So I won't repurchase this one for sure. 2/5

on 6/10/2015 1:53:00 AM

I truly love it! I've tried from drugstores to high end face washes like philosophy,dermadoctor, aveeno,etcs. But honestly nothing worked well as ponds. This is the only type I've tried from ponds and I'm never gonna change. It didn't break me out whatsoever nor dry my skin. The wash left my face clean and hydrated. Also I don't wear makeup at all besides mascara so I only use it to cleanse my face. But it does get rid of the mascara so it passed the makeup test imo. It worked great on my combination skin left my dry spots better than ever! The smell of cucumber isn't that strong in my opinion, but it does have that fresh smell to it. It's a bit strong in my opinion at first, but you get use to it. I can't say much about the original and this one being different like I said I haven't tried the others. I think the key to it is the method you're using. Like if you're washing it with water or wiping it off. The way I use it is..

First take a quarter size and dab it around my face. Then I massage it until it becomes oily/slick and you'll know when it does! (There are three stages 1.the original texture 2.starts to stiffen 3.becomes oily)
After that I take a baby wash cloths (which you can get four towels for like five dollars) wet that and wring it out so its only damp! Then start to wipe my face with it about three times (making sure to wash it and wring it again) in between the three wipes. Then follow up to rinse my face to definitely make sure I have a clean face! And boom I'm done it sounds like a long process, but it's really quick takes under five mins top! Once you get use to it and all. P.s I use witch hazel as a toner which helps even more!

I would definitely continue this product! I don't think I'll ever look for another cleaner because this is so darn cheap and good!