Ponds Deep Cleanser and Makeup Remover With Cucumber Extract

Ponds Deep Cleanser and Makeup Remover With Cucumber Extract
Pond's Deep Cleanser & Makeup Remover

Water; Mineral Oil; Isopropyl Palmitate; Glycerin; Cetyl Alcohol; Ceteth-20; Triethanolamine; Cetearyl Alcohol; Glyceryl Stearate; Carbomer; Fragrance; Methylparaben; Magnesium Aluminum Silicate; PEG-4 Laurate; Diazolidinyl Urea; Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate; Butylene Glycol; Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract

I use this as a makeup remover before washing my face with my beloved Olay Sensitive skin foaming face wash. It gets the job done, and makes my skin very soft. I would repurchase.

on 5/22/2016 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Oily residue and fragrance - This cleanser received a 4 out of 5 on Beautypedia so I decided to try it. It wasn't the worst but the fact that it has fragrance added is crazy? I don't want to have to use a separate eye makeup remover and this left a hazy residue on my eyes. It's the mineral oil that does that to me. It also didn't remove my eye makeup on the first application. I will be returning this and going back to my CVS Hydrating Cleanser. This works so much better than the Pond's.

on 12/20/2015 10:50:00 PM

I tried this mistakenly when I was much younger and this was clearly a mistake for me young, acne-prone skin. I was looking for a makeup remover that was not harsh, and while this was not harsh, this clogged my pores. The mineral oil content in this is not reasonable and is easily replaced by other ingredients that have a less detrimental impact on the environment and on my skin. I broke out after using this, and have since discovered many better alternatives (such as One Love Organics Skin Savior Waterless Beauty Balm).

on 12/20/2015 8:33:00 PM

LOVE this product! I've been so over spending $10 on makeup remover wipes that last me 2 weeks. I have been searching for a cheap cleanser to take the place of wipes & I'm so happy I finally found it. I use it to remove my makeup with some warm water then follow up with my Clarasonic and Cetaphil. The ponds cleanser leaves my face 1000X smoother than it has ever been and I can instantly see a difference in my completion. Definitely my new holy grail product!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I feel this really irritates my eyes for a short amount of time which is surprising to me because Pond's cleansing creams are my HG go to items since I was twelve. Aside from the slight irritation to the sensitive skin of my eyes I have nothing bad to say about this product because it melts and removes makeup LIKE A DREAM.
But I still prefer the original Ponds Cold Cream to remove my makeup because that one doesn't burn my skin AT ALL. So I won't repurchase this one for sure. 2/5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I have very oily skin and Ponds' Cold Cream is too thick and greasy, but this is just right. It takes a little work to get it to remove my waterproof mascara but other than that, it's perfect. It removes my ColorStay foundation and sunscreen quickly and thoroughly. I do follow up with cleansing with Neutrogena Foaming Cleanser and Makeup Remover and a couple of times a week I use my Olay cleansing brush. By the time I've rinsed, my skin is thoroughly clean and fresh. I love the cucumber smell and the fact that it isn't greasy.

on 6/10/2015 1:53:00 AM

I truly love it! I've tried from drugstores to high end face washes like philosophy,dermadoctor, aveeno,etcs. But honestly nothing worked well as ponds. This is the only type I've tried from ponds and I'm never gonna change. It didn't break me out whatsoever nor dry my skin. The wash left my face clean and hydrated. Also I don't wear makeup at all besides mascara so I only use it to cleanse my face. But it does get rid of the mascara so it passed the makeup test imo. It worked great on my combination skin left my dry spots better than ever! The smell of cucumber isn't that strong in my opinion, but it does have that fresh smell to it. It's a bit strong in my opinion at first, but you get use to it. I can't say much about the original and this one being different like I said I haven't tried the others. I think the key to it is the method you're using. Like if you're washing it with water or wiping it off. The way I use it is..

First take a quarter size and dab it around my face. Then I massage it until it becomes oily/slick and you'll know when it does! (There are three stages 1.the original texture 2.starts to stiffen 3.becomes oily)
After that I take a baby wash cloths (which you can get four towels for like five dollars) wet that and wring it out so its only damp! Then start to wipe my face with it about three times (making sure to wash it and wring it again) in between the three wipes. Then follow up to rinse my face to definitely make sure I have a clean face! And boom I'm done it sounds like a long process, but it's really quick takes under five mins top! Once you get use to it and all. P.s I use witch hazel as a toner which helps even more!

I would definitely continue this product! I don't think I'll ever look for another cleaner because this is so darn cheap and good!

on 4/28/2015 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Every time, I've tried to run away from this product, it finds me somewhere strolling through the beauty isle. It tells me that no other product will be as cheap and will remove makeup as well. The product never lies. In recent months though, I've turned to coconut oil to remove make-up but something didn't sit well with me. I can't put my hands on it. In any case, I keep a tub of this stuff on deck. Fortunately, I rarely ever have to rebuy often because my everyday make-up wear is minimal and I only need a little for it to work. To apply, I use a soft cloth with warm water and wipe. The fact that I'm sloughing the skin makes me feel good about my skincare routine and about getting all the product off. But oh yeah. The mineral oil. You'll either be on the side that its the devil or be forever flamed for using it. If you don't mind the flame-come on over to the dark side.

on 11/9/2014 7:08:00 AM

I've bought maybe 100 of these containers! I use it as a makeup remover only and then cleanse my face with something else. It doesn't work very well if you don't use a face cloth to wipe off all the gunk FYI.

My go-to makeup remover. The only product that completely removes my eye makeup, including waterproof makeup and mascara. One cotton ball for each eye usually removes 95% of my eye makeup, but I usually use a 2nd one and some q-tips just to get it all off. This does sting my eyes a little bit if I get in my eyeball (but what product wouldn't sting my eyeballs?). I try to keep my eyes tightly shut when I use the cream, and I go in my lash line gently with a q-tip, to ensure that I'm removing all of the liner and mascara caked up in my lash line. Sometimes I clean up around my eyes with an oil-free makeup remover, just to get off the oily film this cream leaves behind, but this is not a completely necessary step, especially if you have dry skin around your eyes. This is a great product, so utilitarian and lasts forever. I prefer the cucumber scent to the standard Ponds cold cream scent, so I always choose this version, but they both work the same.