TiGi Curls Rock Curl Booster

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
TiGi Curls Rock Curl Booster

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau (water), Dimethyl Ether, Methacryloyl Ethyl Betaine/Acrylates Copolymer, Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Amyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Linalool, Citronellol, Hexylcinnamal, Limonene, Quaternium 52, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Isopropyl C12 15 Pareth 9 Carboxylate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methyl Gluceth 20, Panthenol

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is simply incredible!! My hair is really curly underneath and more straight on the top, this booster really evens both sides out so I end up with perfect waves!! I love how it smells too!!! the texture, shine and smell are all added benefits!! my waves always look 100% better when I use this! I recommend!!!

on 5/23/2006 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you are reading these reviews...I think many people are confusing this with the Curls Rock Amplifier (white cream). This is Curls Rock Curl Booster, an aerosal spray (looks like a hair spray can). I have fine wavy hair. This stuff really helps give my hair that "boost". It helps me to scrunch up my waves into curls-especially at the crown. I could use it every day, but usually save it for when I need perfect hair. I can use it on wet hair to help perfect my scrunch and cut down on frizz or on dry hair at my crown where it gets flat to give it a boost. I use this with ISO Bouncy Creme (my curly day staple for over 6 years now).

on 4/15/2006 9:42:00 PM

I have finally found a product that lets me wear my hair curly! I have very curly hair naturally, but have always straightened it every day. This gives perfect curls, and lasts all day. Beware though -- if you use the slightest bit too much, your hair will be crunchy. Try about one pump for long hair, a half pump for less than shoulder length.

on 8/24/2009 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I only use this product as a spray on dry hair, as my hair is relatively fine (there is a lot of it, but each strand is thin) and can be easily weighed down by crunch-inducing styling products. From reading other reviews I think that using this on dry hair is not the typical way people are using this, but it is working nicely for me. Hairsprays tend to make my hair too crunchy, which I hate. This works to slightly define my hair and give it a bit of bounce, but without making my hair a helmet. I seriously doubt that this stuff would create waves or curls where they did not already exist, but for me is like a really light hairspray that smells good. It is a bit expensive, but I do not really use that much so my can has lasted me for months so far, so I will probably repurchase. For the record, my hair is a few inches past my shoulders, wavy to a little curly (s-curve at top of hair, turns into big spirals at bottom of hair).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It's cool but not exactly necessary. It smells real good.

on 8/4/2004 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I have yet to try the curl booster with the curl amplifier together, but I will try it tomorrow and let you know. I stopped using the curls rock amplifier because it got tacky in my hair the next day. I will edit this review once I try it.

Curl Booster is good, I think it gives my wavy hair a boost and the locks are more defined. Seems to work better with scrunching than with twisting the locks of hair into curls. However it is not meant to hold. Liked the smell, the clean feel to it, since it doesnt leave my hair gross the next day. So if i dont have anywhere special to go, I just use the curl booster alone as my only styling aid so I can skip the next day washing and go for 2 days. When I need my hair styled, I use more than that - like hairspray, or the curls rock leave in moisturizer and then i shampoo the next day.

Originally I didn't know if i really liked this curl booster, because it seemed that my hair lacked volume (which is unusual, as one quality about my hair is that it's VERY voluminous naturally) but then I bought the TiGi Curl Amplifier, and used the two of them together, and WOW-- AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME. I highly reccommend using them together. Some products, they only suggest using more than one of their line together for better results to promote their products, but this is really a fabulous combination of TiGi curl enhancing products. I definitly reccommend. My hair is not sticky and is only crunchy in a few places where i used too much of the Booster spray.

on 8/1/2009 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This product worked OK for my wavy hair but didn't impress as much as it should for the price. I just finished a bottle and found that it works best when applied to wet hair. There is also a fine line between applying too much and not enough, and it took a few applications to figure it out - too much and you get crunchy hair, too little and you get no results. But when applied correctly it gives me well-defined waves with very little frizz. The fragrance is softly sweet. The product is an aerosol which isn't the best thing for the environment, and it contains alcohols and silicones which could dry out the hair. But it's the best curl enhancer I've tried so far.

on 6/24/2008 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

After all the great reviews I really wanted to try this product. Ill also mention that I really wanted to like this product, but it just didnt do it for me. The smell is good, but I find it cloying (smells like the blue body splash from VS). I think the problem may be that I simply have too long (and thick) hair for this. This sure doesn't beat any gel or mousse that I already own. I will also agree with some others that this ruins any chance of second day hair - its up for swap lol.

on 4/14/2005 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

OMG this is like GLUE for hair. I have permed hair. I followed the directions and ended up with masses of tangled, glued together hair.