TIGI Curls Rock Curl Booster

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
TIGI Curls Rock Curl Booster

3.6

Aqua/Water/Eau (water), Dimethyl Ether, Methacryloyl Ethyl Betaine/Acrylates Copolymer, Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Amyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Linalool, Citronellol, Hexylcinnamal, Limonene, Quaternium 52, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Isopropyl C12 15 Pareth 9 Carboxylate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methyl Gluceth 20, Panthenol

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is simply incredible!! My hair is really curly underneath and more straight on the top, this booster really evens both sides out so I end up with perfect waves!! I love how it smells too!!! the texture, shine and smell are all added benefits!! my waves always look 100% better when I use this! I recommend!!!

on 8/1/2009 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This product worked OK for my wavy hair but didn't impress as much as it should for the price. I just finished a bottle and found that it works best when applied to wet hair. There is also a fine line between applying too much and not enough, and it took a few applications to figure it out - too much and you get crunchy hair, too little and you get no results. But when applied correctly it gives me well-defined waves with very little frizz. The fragrance is softly sweet. The product is an aerosol which isn't the best thing for the environment, and it contains alcohols and silicones which could dry out the hair. But it's the best curl enhancer I've tried so far.

on 6/24/2009 1:03:00 PM

I have no idea what this is supposed to do. It is similar to a light holding hairspray. This entire line doesn't do much for my curls. In fact, I think this makes me frizz a bit!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I had never purchased this product in the curls rock line until recently because it always seemed like a pointless step. However, I like it a lot more than I thought I would. I don't think this product does anything for the curls themselves, but it does add a lot of body to my hair. I spray it throughout after putting in the leave-in moisture. It acts as a nice primer for the sticky amplifier, too. I actally like the amplifier a lot more now, because it goes it a lot nicer over this booster. The booster does a good job of keeping my curls shape throughout the day. Only con is that it tangles my hair a bit.

on 4/28/2008 8:11:00 PM

I should say I get zero curls from this product. Why the 5 rating? I have super problematic hair - they are thin, baby fine, highlighted (which means dry), and get tangled very very easily. When I spray this stuff into my damp hair (including over the scalp) and crunch up my hair - not only does this stuff not weigh it down, but somehow it expands the hairs to triple the thickness and gives me the illusion of thicker hair. It also makes my hair slightly wavy and makes it easier to deal with (meaning brush through) during the day. My hairdresser convinced me to try it and I am forever greatful to her for this. I should also mention that I am on my second bottle now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product after reading some reviews that suggested that using this along with the curl amplifier would give best results...it did on some days and on others, not so good. The amplifier works better, but for some reason both have recently dried my hair out. I use to get really definied curls, now just poof and dry waves. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a very nice curl defining product. Like another reviewer already stated, it will not create curls, but define ones you already have. This product, when used on dry hair greatly reduced frizz and helps lock my curls in place. The great thing about it though is it has NO hold at all. I really dislike things with hold as they make my hair feel "crunchy" or stiff looking. With this product I just have beautifully soft, frizz free curls that are free to move and bounce (think Winona Ryder in Little Women.) It's a little pricy I think ($15 a can) but it doesn't take much to tame my hair so it lasts a while (and I have a ton of hair.) I think this is a great product for all the curly-haired gals out there! :)