TiGi Curls Rock Curl Booster

TiGi Curls Rock Curl Booster

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau (water), Dimethyl Ether, Methacryloyl Ethyl Betaine/Acrylates Copolymer, Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Amyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Linalool, Citronellol, Hexylcinnamal, Limonene, Quaternium 52, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Isopropyl C12 15 Pareth 9 Carboxylate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methyl Gluceth 20, Panthenol

on 9/21/2003 3:34:00 PM

Don't ask me how this stuff works because I have no idea how it can take my totally STICK STRAIGHT hair (I tell you there is not a single curl or wave in it!) and make curls out of it, but it does. I really does work! This is another product from the Curls Rock line, but is a spray similar to Root Boost. I spray this all over, add some Frisky, then blow dry with a difuser and scrunching my hair as I go along -- viola! -- curly head.

This stuff is too light and has no hold whatsoever. I don't know about everyone else, but I sure don't want to go through a $14 can of what is like a no-hold hairspray every few days. The only thing I liked about it was that it does smell great, it has a sweet fruity smell. Beware... this product was made to be used in conjunction with the curls rock amplifier, which is REALLY sticky and gummy, my guess is that this was made to cut the weight out of the other product, but who wants to pay $30.00 for what should be one product??? I even tried this the next day as they recommended and ended up fragrancing the whole room instead.

on 11/24/2003 1:07:00 AM

I really like curls rock - when I let my hair air dry, it gives me a nice pretty wave that seems all old fashioned and romantic. When the stylist used this on me and used a blow dryer - WOW - then I had some curls I never knew I was capable of! I use it very sparingly though, because too much and I think it gets a bit crunchy. Great smell, and I think the packaging is really fun (and not messy when I've traveled!).

Originally I didn't know if i really liked this curl booster, because it seemed that my hair lacked volume (which is unusual, as one quality about my hair is that it's VERY voluminous naturally) but then I bought the TiGi Curl Amplifier, and used the two of them together, and WOW-- AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME. I highly reccommend using them together. Some products, they only suggest using more than one of their line together for better results to promote their products, but this is really a fabulous combination of TiGi curl enhancing products. I definitly reccommend. My hair is not sticky and is only crunchy in a few places where i used too much of the Booster spray.

When I first saw this on the shelf I thought my prayers had been answered. At last! A way of transforming freshly brushed frizz into beautiful curls without having to have wet hair for several hours! Curl Booster was fantastic when I used it on freshly washed curls - it smells great, gives shine, defines the curls and is not as crunchy as the amplifier. However, don't think about using it on brushed curls. It really is a booster - it will only boost the curls there already, not create them. Spraying it on freshly brushed frizz only creates slightly sticky, shiny, fruity smelling frizz. That said, I won't go out anymore without a quick spritz on my locks, merely for the gorgeous smell, shine and hope that it just might create some curls when I'm not looking.

on 8/4/2004 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I have yet to try the curl booster with the curl amplifier together, but I will try it tomorrow and let you know. I stopped using the curls rock amplifier because it got tacky in my hair the next day. I will edit this review once I try it.

Curl Booster is good, I think it gives my wavy hair a boost and the locks are more defined. Seems to work better with scrunching than with twisting the locks of hair into curls. However it is not meant to hold. Liked the smell, the clean feel to it, since it doesnt leave my hair gross the next day. So if i dont have anywhere special to go, I just use the curl booster alone as my only styling aid so I can skip the next day washing and go for 2 days. When I need my hair styled, I use more than that - like hairspray, or the curls rock leave in moisturizer and then i shampoo the next day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a very nice curl defining product. Like another reviewer already stated, it will not create curls, but define ones you already have. This product, when used on dry hair greatly reduced frizz and helps lock my curls in place. The great thing about it though is it has NO hold at all. I really dislike things with hold as they make my hair feel "crunchy" or stiff looking. With this product I just have beautifully soft, frizz free curls that are free to move and bounce (think Winona Ryder in Little Women.) It's a little pricy I think ($15 a can) but it doesn't take much to tame my hair so it lasts a while (and I have a ton of hair.) I think this is a great product for all the curly-haired gals out there! :)

on 12/9/2004 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have shoulder length blonde hair with 3B curls, and along with the Curls Rock Amplifier this is my holy grail of curly hair product.

I started using the amplifier and then was introduced to this product. I find that I can use it on it's own, but if I want crazy, voluminous defined curls, I'll use it with the Curls Rock Amplifier. I do find I go through it quicker that the Curls Rock Amplifier. Curly heads like myself understand how hard it is to find a product that works well on curly hair. I've definitely found the products that work best for me.

I actually liked this stuff! I was planning on hating it (because I didn't like the Curls Rock Amplifying Glue - or whatever they call it.) After heavily spraying my wet hair and giving it a few scrunches, I let it air dry. My curls and waves, which usually look limp and lackluster by midday, were holding strong all day long! Great stuff but I think it is a bit drying - I use it with a leave-in now.

on 3/22/2005 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I use it with the Curls Rock Ampliflier). I have wavy-curly hair that is sort of thick. This gave me nice, controlled, ringlet curls! It's what I've always dreamed of. I find this and the other product pricey ($14 each!), but I got them together for $21 at a JCPenney Salon sale. For info, I use the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Conditioner and moisturizing shampoo. I love my hair with this stuff! Buy it! Next I plan on trying the other products in the Curls Rock line.

Popular Styling Products