TIGI Curls Rock Curl Booster

Filtered by age: 30-35
TIGI Curls Rock Curl Booster

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau (water), Dimethyl Ether, Methacryloyl Ethyl Betaine/Acrylates Copolymer, Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Amyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Linalool, Citronellol, Hexylcinnamal, Limonene, Quaternium 52, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Isopropyl C12 15 Pareth 9 Carboxylate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methyl Gluceth 20, Panthenol

on 1/3/2010 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great mousse and does what it says.
Loved it when I had curly hair. Now I got a straight perm and only use hair oil but if I ever go curly again, I'll rebuy this mousse for sure. Smells good too.

on 5/3/2008 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Read the reviews and took a chance...

Yipeee!!!

I love this stuff! I spray it in damp hair, then add a pump of the amplifier and scrunch. The curls I thought were gone after having a baby are back!!! I don't wash the following day and just spray this stuff in and I'm good to go! I've also started using the Tigi Manipulator...love that stuff too!!

on 4/28/2008 8:11:00 PM

I should say I get zero curls from this product. Why the 5 rating? I have super problematic hair - they are thin, baby fine, highlighted (which means dry), and get tangled very very easily. When I spray this stuff into my damp hair (including over the scalp) and crunch up my hair - not only does this stuff not weigh it down, but somehow it expands the hairs to triple the thickness and gives me the illusion of thicker hair. It also makes my hair slightly wavy and makes it easier to deal with (meaning brush through) during the day. My hairdresser convinced me to try it and I am forever greatful to her for this. I should also mention that I am on my second bottle now.

on 5/23/2006 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you are reading these reviews...I think many people are confusing this with the Curls Rock Amplifier (white cream). This is Curls Rock Curl Booster, an aerosal spray (looks like a hair spray can). I have fine wavy hair. This stuff really helps give my hair that "boost". It helps me to scrunch up my waves into curls-especially at the crown. I could use it every day, but usually save it for when I need perfect hair. I can use it on wet hair to help perfect my scrunch and cut down on frizz or on dry hair at my crown where it gets flat to give it a boost. I use this with ISO Bouncy Creme (my curly day staple for over 6 years now).

on 8/24/2009 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I only use this product as a spray on dry hair, as my hair is relatively fine (there is a lot of it, but each strand is thin) and can be easily weighed down by crunch-inducing styling products. From reading other reviews I think that using this on dry hair is not the typical way people are using this, but it is working nicely for me. Hairsprays tend to make my hair too crunchy, which I hate. This works to slightly define my hair and give it a bit of bounce, but without making my hair a helmet. I seriously doubt that this stuff would create waves or curls where they did not already exist, but for me is like a really light hairspray that smells good. It is a bit expensive, but I do not really use that much so my can has lasted me for months so far, so I will probably repurchase. For the record, my hair is a few inches past my shoulders, wavy to a little curly (s-curve at top of hair, turns into big spirals at bottom of hair).

I just tried this product on my fine, long, naturally wavy hair. I normally blow dry my hair straight, but wanted to bring out the wave instead. I thought it was very clean on my hair and didn't weigh it down. It could get a bit crunchy if you spray too much. It gave me nice beachy waves. I also loved the fruity smell!

on 8/3/2005 2:12:00 PM

I think some people may be confused and are reviewing the Curls Rock Amplifier here. The Amplifier is the white glue-like stuff that comes in the pump container. The product reviewed here is the Curl Booster which is a styling spray. This has little to no hold to it, so if your hair isn't already curly, it won't work very well for creating and holding curls. The best uses for this are 1) if you already have curly hair and want something to define your curls, or 2) if you have styled your hair curly and need something to "boost" or refresh your curls later in the day. I use it for the second purpose, and it does work well for that. It's aerosol and delivers a finer mist that feels lighter than some of the wet, sticky non-aerosol products of this type. Still, $15 is a lot to pay for this when there are probably cheaper products that will do the same thing. I will use up this can, but I'm not sure whether I'll repurchase.

on 6/24/2009 1:03:00 PM

I have no idea what this is supposed to do. It is similar to a light holding hairspray. This entire line doesn't do much for my curls. In fact, I think this makes me frizz a bit!

This stuff is too light and has no hold whatsoever. I don't know about everyone else, but I sure don't want to go through a $14 can of what is like a no-hold hairspray every few days. The only thing I liked about it was that it does smell great, it has a sweet fruity smell. Beware... this product was made to be used in conjunction with the curls rock amplifier, which is REALLY sticky and gummy, my guess is that this was made to cut the weight out of the other product, but who wants to pay $30.00 for what should be one product??? I even tried this the next day as they recommended and ended up fragrancing the whole room instead.

on 11/7/2008 5:26:00 AM

Crunchy. If I use a little bit, it doesn't do the trick except for add shine, and if I use more, it ends up crunchy. Doesn't work for me.

Popular Styling Products