Chanel Coco

Chanel Coco
CocoCocoCoco

4.2

Ok, this is composed by a GRANDMA ( and not ashamed to be one either!). I have a large collection of perfumes , but in truth , only a few are EXCEPTIONAL and worthy of a steep price or financial sacrifice . I can honestly say that Coco is a fragrance that is the true definition of a classic and timeless scent , and a fragrance that justifies shelling out more than a few dollars .

I do not need to tell you that it is a spicy oriental that has "oomph" without being over the top. It is a perfect balance of sultry sexiness and ladylike femininity . I would say that it is a perfume EVERY woman should at least try once . To me it is a fragrance for women who are feminine , have class, and not desperate to scream to the world "I am a sex kitten desperate for attention." .Women who are comfortable with their identity and sexuality do not need to scream this constant message that is overplayed in American culture .Desperation for attention ( especially attention dependent on marketing one's self a sex fantasy ) is more a sign of pathology that balanced confidence.

Over the years I have owned many fragrances , but I can state that three I never tire of and will always rely on are Coco , Allure ( Chanel ) and Calvin Klein's Euphoria , These are MEMORABLE masterpieces that make a woman smell like a woman in the best way .

on 12/12/2016 3:08:00 AM

One of the best perfumes ever, very classy, feminine, unique, sexy, sophisticated and alluring. Love it.

on 10/14/2016 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Coco Chanel eau toilette I have been using this fragrance for years.Stays on all day.It has a wonderful spicy sent This is the only fragrance. I would buy

on 10/11/2016 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Can't believe that its taken me so long to try this fragrance, but its just wonderful.

As previous reviewers have said its a spicy oriental but it has a softness about it which makes it wearable for either day or night time. It's sophisticated, alluring and sexy, also very long lasting.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

To me this is what a grown up woman should smell like. I would describe it is a spicy floral; a "serious fragrance." Ergo, it is a scent that could not be mistaken for anything but expensive perfume, as opposed to, say, the remnant of the smell of your face powder or shampoo. It can be "in your face", which suits me well because I have a rather strong personality. Please note: I'm referring to "plain" Coco in this review not Coco "Mademoiselle" or any other olefactory sequels, so to speak. Coco. There is no substitute.

on 6/28/2016 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My friend found a splash bottle of this from the 80s for me. It's the EDT and it is so good! I love even the current reformulation, but this is so much stronger, richer, and beautiful. There is nothing like this scent, a true 80s powerhouse that has stood the test of time. I feel this is very unisex and can be safely worn by a man or woman with confidence.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My bottle looks different than the pic w the black cap. It is a square bottle w a clear small cap just like Chanel Coco Noir only clear so u can see the richly colored (& richly scented) Amber liquid contained. This is the strongest perfume I've ever owned (well No. 5 is quite strong so is Allure). This smells like spice cake & wassailing punch during the holidays very festive, sophisticated maybe a bit matronly (I do not mean that in an offensive manner way whatsoever), I just don't think this would appeal much to teens but this is for a grown woman who has been around the block, sage, prominent, witty, savvy, wise...the sandalwood could be more prominent but in this but I love the powderiness, creamy never screechy nor obnoxious never cheap. Like that perfume in the 80s: "I can being home the bacon; fry it up in a pan, & never let u forget ur a man..." Haha

on 11/15/2015 8:57:00 PM

A fan of spicy orientals (think Shalimar, Tabu) I happened upon this fragrance quite by accident while leaving Sephora- have always steered clear if Chanel fragrances due to sticker price and dislike of the iconic No.5- but WoW- had to go back next day and purchase! All spice and cream-'fabulous!

There is not a single Chanel fragrance that works with my chemistry, and this is no exception.

I love spicy orientals and regularly wear Tabu, Shalimar, Ciara and Obsession. On paper the notes sound as though Coco should be right up my alley, but it's not. I've been trying this on and off for years hoping that one day my body chemistry would change and it would work with me. It never has. Instead it simply smells like orange peel and sandalwood potpourri. Dry, dusty and dull, and worst of all, cheap. Yes, this smells really dull and cheap on me, like something that should have cost less than $20.

What's the point of Chanel if it makes me smell cheap? Such a disappointment.

on 5/31/2015 9:25:00 AM

I, also, came around late to Coco Chanel. I wanted badly to like it years ago, but it just didn't work on me. It was a bit "potion-ish". A beautiful smell, but all woods, spices and something like a wine-based, scent.

I had to give it away as I felt like I was wearing "someone else's" perfume. Wrong chemistry.

My mother asked for a bottle of Coco for her birthday last year. Immediately wary, I hedged because I bought her a bottle years ago, too, and she wasn't crazy about it, either - for the same reason.

Then. Just yesterday. She dropped by to visit and gave back the "dreaded" :) LOL bottle of Coco Chanel that I bought her last year. Didn't think much of it, and just put it aside.

After they left, I tried it on and at first, it was the same "anti-climatic" it was 10 years ago. Then, a few hours later, I found myself enveloped in this "smell." Oh my gosh - it was ADDICTIVE BEAUTIFUL. Took me a few minutes to realize it was coming from my shirt and it was COCO CHANEL.

Like the other reviewer said - and rightly so - it's a creamy, beautiful but "snuggly" scent. It is such a comfortable beauty, I could not stop smelling my shirt. As the night went on, I found myself sniffing my shirt and realized that I was doing to "calm myself" as that is the exactly the effect it has on me. Comfortable, beauty with just a hint of spice, then creamy again. My skin chemistry changed over the past 10 years, thank God, so now I can appreciate this "snuggly, masterpiece."

I sent my mother home with my Allure and Eu De Cologne, and she really enjoyed the scent of both, so we sort of "broke even." :)

Popular Fragrances