CHANEL Coco

CHANEL Coco
CocoCocoCoco

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have a vintage bottle of this in EDT, it's a splash. This is lovely and unique. This scent has a presence and commands attention. It is very sexy and full bodied. Not for the faint of heart. I actually find this slightly unisex, a man could easily wear this fragrance. Top notes are coriander, mandarin orange, peach, jasmine and bulgarian rose; middle notes are mimosa, cloves, orange blossom, clover and rose; base notes are labdanum, amber, sandalwood, tonka bean, opoponax, civet and vanilla.

I've adored this since it first came out, and lucky to own a vintage bottle of it. To me, there's nothing like it. I haven't used it consistently over the years, but I always circle back to it. It's warm, elegant, enticing and just plain gorgeous. It's a bold one, and not for the faint of heart! However, if you need a confidence boost, a spray or splash of this will likely provide it!
I generally stick to cold weather, nighttime use of this. It's too assertive for daytime, and too heady for summer.

on 8/30/2018 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

certainly one of the most beautiful perfumes of all time - IF - you are lucky enough to get a vintage version of it. I was that lucky and own a 50ml splash EdP from around 1986, perfectly preserved, and believe me, there is no comparison whatsoever to the current version. I tested them simultaniously, and apart from the scents being very different (vintage version is a perfectly harmoneous creation of a thousand flowers, spices, amber and vanilla and a wonderful alluring civet touch in the base, the current version is somewhat flat, synthetic, starts sharp then gets a bit powdery and settles into something flowery, no real amber, no civet, and again, sythetic) also the longevity is not to compare. While the current version lasts for 2-3 hours max, the vintage version stays with you for 12-18 hours, and that with only half a drop of it.
So, yes, one of the best scents I know, classic, super feminine and alluring - if it is a true vintage version.
People here complaining about non-existing longevity of the current version? Thank the law makers for their nonsensical new regulations that ruined so many wonderful scents and turned them into all similar zombie versions of what they were back in the day

on 2/21/2018 6:33:00 AM

Old Chanel rocks! Always. Far more than most recent creations like Gabrielle trying to talk to everyone and nobody simultaneously. Just bought an extrait bottle from the 80’s

on 2/20/2018 10:17:00 PM

This is one of the best fragrances of all time. It's so sexy, yet classy and sophisticated at the same time. It's not for the meek or faint of heart... no, no. Coco is for the empowered and confident woman.

This is a fragrance for women who seem to effortlessly succeed in all their endeavors, they aren't concerned with the trivial opinions of others, and they lift other women up because they are secure in who they are and they don't buy into petty cattiness or competition. Coco is just the ultimate "superwoman" perfume.

Coco could have, and probably should have, been the fragrance that Chanel is most famous for instead of No. 5. I know that's a bold statement, and please don't misunderstand me, I'm a Chanel fan and I own multiple bottles of No.5. But Coco is SPECIAL.

I prefer the EDP which is very strong. 1-2 sprays and you're good ALL day. Men adore it. I get tons of compliments. Its just gorgeous I feel like everyone should wear Coco at least once in their life. I wear it EVERYWHERE (this is where confidence and not giving a damn come into play lol) but Coco would work for a super romantic date night, posh formal attire party, fashion event, benefit dinner or night at the opera or theatre. It absolutely begs to be worn with a little black dress and pearls!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is a beautiful and sophisticated perfume. The scent is almost old-fashioned. But the EDP will not last more then 3 hours on me, no matter what. Purchased it personally in a renowned cosmetics store.

Ok, this is composed by a GRANDMA ( and not ashamed to be one either!). I have a large collection of perfumes , but in truth , only a few are EXCEPTIONAL and worthy of a steep price or financial sacrifice . I can honestly say that Coco is a fragrance that is the true definition of a classic and timeless scent , and a fragrance that justifies shelling out more than a few dollars .

I do not need to tell you that it is a spicy oriental that has "oomph" without being over the top. It is a perfect balance of sultry sexiness and ladylike femininity . I would say that it is a perfume EVERY woman should at least try once . To me it is a fragrance for women who are feminine , have class, and not desperate to scream to the world "I am a sex kitten desperate for attention." .Women who are comfortable with their identity and sexuality do not need to scream this constant message that is overplayed in American culture .Desperation for attention ( especially attention dependent on marketing one's self a sex fantasy ) is more a sign of pathology that balanced confidence.

Over the years I have owned many fragrances , but I can state that three I never tire of and will always rely on are Coco , Allure ( Chanel ) and Calvin Klein's Euphoria , These are MEMORABLE masterpieces that make a woman smell like a woman in the best way .

on 12/12/2016 3:08:00 AM

One of the best perfumes ever, very classy, feminine, unique, sexy, sophisticated and alluring. Love it.

on 10/14/2016 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Coco Chanel eau toilette I have been using this fragrance for years.Stays on all day.It has a wonderful spicy sent This is the only fragrance. I would buy

on 10/11/2016 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Can't believe that its taken me so long to try this fragrance, but its just wonderful.

As previous reviewers have said its a spicy oriental but it has a softness about it which makes it wearable for either day or night time. It's sophisticated, alluring and sexy, also very long lasting.

Popular Fragrances