Prescriptives Traceless Skin Responsive Powder

3.8

on 9/6/2007 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a great powder to use over foundation to set it and give an airbrushed look. I wouldn't use it as just a powder, it doesn't really provide a lot of coverage. But it is wonderful to use over foundation. I like the puff it comes with, it provides just enough powder without putting on too much. I am very fair skinned and use Level 1.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The powder is really light going on and I use it just on my nose. Does a fairly good job of keeping oil away and leaves a nice satin finish and goes on light and sheer. I hate looking completely matte. I don't like the packaging because if you apply the powder with the powder puff it goes on too thick and cakes. I run a powder brush over the puff to apply.

on 10/17/2005 3:04:00 PM

I get into more trouble when I am waiting at the cosmetics counters as I pay a bill in my local store. It happened with Lauder Perfectionist CP+ (a very happy but $$ discovery) and it just happened again with this powder. I had thought I found my HG powder with the Shiseido Enriched, and to be sure, that is a beautiful, well-pigmented powder. But sometimes I don't want that much coverage, and most other powders just make my face appear so dry, and accent my maturing skin.
I was at the Prescriptives counter and there were no SA/MA at the time, so I busied myself by testing things. Then I spotted this container and did not even consider testing it because I didn't care for this type of application with the DiorShow blushes. But, still no SA/MA and I tried this powder on my hand. Hmmm, nice. OK, I'll bang this spongy thing on my face and see what happens. Instant wow! This powder, because it has to come through the sponge, seems like the finest-milled powder I've ever tried. It is glowing and luminous and does not accent pores or lines or the crepey texture of a 55 year old face that lost too much weight too late in life. It lasted all day until I removed it at night. Once again, I am so impressed with another Prescriptives product! The sponge applies the powder softly and evenly and doesn't come out more in some areas than others, like the DiorShow blush did. This is everything I have wanted in a finishing powder, and more than I ever expected to find!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like the new concept of portable and easy to apply powder offered by this product. I first fell in love with Philosophy Supernatural Airbrushed, but then afer a while I found Philosophy is too heavy. I'm in search for a new portable mineral powder so then I decided to give this one a try. Compare to Philosophy Supernatural Airbrushed, this traceless powder has less coverage and somehow 'feels & look' lighter (I don't think this powder is a mineral powder that's why it provides less coverage). I use this instead of my Philosophy when I don't feel like wearing make-up. It gives me a soft finish. My skin is very oily and acne prone, but I don't break out using this powder. I'm using shade #4 which I think the darkest, but I really think this powder is somewhat transclucent and not heavily pigmented. I'm AAB with yellow/olive undertone complexion and #4 looks really natural on me. I will buy this again when I ran out. But I would also like to try Urban Decay's.

I love the Traceless powder- it gives an effortless-yet-polished finish to clean skin and at the same time sets my Virtual Skin liquid to a natural, lightly matte finish. Although at first I thought the packaging was very nifty, with the fine powder being dispensed through the sponge, the more I use it the less I am pleased. I've had it now for a month, the sponge could use a cleaning and I don't know how to make that happen without gumming it up. The powder itself is nice, but once this runs out I am going to pick up some of Prescriptives' Powderful pressed powder instead (same translucent, natural, lightly matte finish but in its own compact instead). I have to use my powder brush to smooth out the powder anyways, so it doesn't save you any money on tools either. Good powder, blah packaging.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The only good thing about this powder is the novel, smart packaging. It's a portable jar with built-in puff and mirror -- never thought loose powder could be portable this way!

Now the bad part: this powder broke me out, badly!!! Every time I used this powder, I'd wake up the day after with more pronounced blackheads and new zits.

So after a month of denial, I finally admitted to myself: this powder was the culprit. The moment I stopped using it, my zits healed up and no major breakouts emerged.

In spite of the high price I paid for it, Px Skin Responsive Powder was NO GOOD for my oily, acne-prone skin. Too bad.

If you're acne-prone, STAY AWAY from this product.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was so NOT impressed with this product. First (my fault) I didn't realize it came in the packaging the way it did. I really wanted a loose powder in a jar to apply with a brush. I tried it with the sponge, and did not like the application. I just prefer to apply with a brush. So I took the powder and emptied it into my empty Laura Mecier translucent powder container.
It only filled it up about 1/8 of the way!! Then I realized what a rip off this was. I guess maybe it would be worth it if you absolutely loved the application,
because really the powder wasn't anything special.
I think I'll stick with either Laura Mercier's powder or even the Prescriptives Magic Powder.

on 2/8/2005 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have only tried this powder as a finish to the Virtual Skin Foundation, and I simply adore it! Application with the groovy all-in-one puff makes the amount of product used absolutely weightless, and the finish is not chalky or super matte like so many other powders I've tried. At 47, matte is no longer my preferred finish! Since I received this as a swap, I had to fiddle with the foamy applicator to remove and clean it (thanks to Pville I knew about this) which was messy and a bit wasteful, but worth it! I think I'll buy a back-up!

Great powder , but tricky packaging! MA memeber Wetfrog describes it perfectly in her review, so I'll leave it at that .I wish I could apply it with a brush , but so far i guess the sponge is adequate. The actual powder is very light and natural .
It also adjusts to whatever light youre in, giving a soft, luminous glow.It doesnt look heavy, it feels silky and looks natural. It does not crease or settle in fine lines. And it sets my makeup for the day, which is all i really need from my powder. Its probably not great for oily skin and if you need coverage,this won't work. I will probably end up transfering the powder into another container and using a brush to apply it. I think I will be buying it again.

This powder is good. The packaging is "cute" but several times I've opened the wrong end and POOF powder went everywhere! The powder itself feels nice on the skin but there is just something that keeps me from loving this...