LUSH Daddyo shampoo

LUSH Daddyo shampoo
Daddyo shampooDaddyo shampoo

3.4

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

I have unnatural blonde hair so am always keen to try different products to keep the brassiness at bat between appointments. I was excited when I saw this shampoo online (no Lush stores in my city) as the purple tint is a pinky purple. I find many toning shampoos are too blue-violet and can make my hair a greenish grey as a result.

Unfortunately I was disappointed as this shampoo does not tone the hair in any way. No colour is left on the hair after rinsing. I believe this is due to the high concentration of lemon juice. Lemon juice is a natural clarifier that removes product build up including the kind that you want - toner. Instead of toning my hair it actually removed what was remaining of my salon toner and left my highlights bare and bright, the lighter ones creamy and the darker ones golden. The lemon juice definitely adds shine and brightens the highlights by removing product build up and build up from hard water.

This leads me to my next point. It’s drying. Very drying. Along with the lemon juice it contains sodium laureth sulphate. So just be aware. Even after deep conditioning my hair felt drier than usual, was frizzy and difficult to style.

The smell... I love the smell. I understand it’s very devisive but I absolutely love it. It’s kitch and old fashioned and lovely. I feel like I belong in an Enid Blyton novel when I use it. The scent does linger for a few days but in a much more subtle form.

In conclusion I would call this shampoo a clarifying and brightening shampoo. It will not tone your hair but will remove build up and brighten it.
If you have golden blonde hair I think you will love it. If you prefer a cooler blonde and need to tone to maintain that then this is not for you.

I won’t be repurchasing as I prefer other clarifying shampoos.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Smells nice, other than that, does absolutely nothing for me. My hair didn't really look that much different in comparison to washing with cheaper shampoos that I've tried in the past. Another problem I had was that it completely dried my scalp out and made it itch like crazy. Thank goodness I didn't buy the bigger bottle (although even the small one is expensive enough).

I've been using this shampoo on and off for years. I do have (bottle) blonde hair (and a fair few greys too, sob) but that's not what I buy it for. I buy this, and I love Juicy because they both seem to make a good clarifying shampoo for me. Every Christmas I treat myself to a small bottle of each (would have to rob a bank to buy the larger ones anyway!) and they almost last the year as I only use them to get rid of build-up. They would be far too harsh to use on a daily basis anyway as they strip the hair.
I've never noticed my hair being less brassy, nor has it stained it purple or pink like others say! I do love the smell of this shampoo, just like the kids sweets. Yum :-)

on 11/17/2017 11:06:00 AM

I love this! Really nice product, I'm pretty blonde (dyed), I use this once a week, it gets rid of the brassiness and makes me look even blonder!!
The trick with this is wash in and wash out pretty much immediately, as it contains pretty natural dyes it could colour your highlighted or natural hair if left on for too long!
I really like the smell of this too, only thing is that it is pretty pricey the smallest bottle is $11 Canadian but considering I only use it once a week I can get over it!

on 5/12/2017 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

DO NOT USE IF YOU'RE PLATINUM BLONDE

Absolutely horrible if you're platinum. The undertone is red, not blue - I have VERY platinum hair, and this dyed it pink. I'm so irritated. The sales girl at lush, who said she's a hair stylist, recommended this for toning after I ran out of my usual J.beverly hills blue/purple toning shampoo. BIG MISTAKE. I will never use this again.

Maybe good for brunettes or red-heads... NOT for girls who are platinum.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

I had dark brown that was also dyed a darker brown.. i wanted to go lighter and my hair turned a comically orange color.. despite the fact that the hairdresser put toner in.. this purple shampoo is stronger than i thought.. it really helped cut the brass.. however, if you are putting it on dry hair it stains your hands purple.. make sure to wash them. I really thought it wasnt going to work but I am very pleased with this shampoo and the smell is very strong.. however i love the smell.. like lilacs..

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

So I've been using daddy o shampoo for about 5 weeks and I'm not sure whether I love it or not.I like the smell of the shampoo but hasn't really made a difference on my hair ,i have blonde hair and was expecting this product to make my hair more shinier and blonde but it hasn't.However it does prevent oily hair and now I only wash my hair every other day but I will warn others that this product can dry your hair out a lot and applying conditioner is now an essential.

on 12/30/2016 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

There are better purple shampoos on the market. While it did tone my brassiness a bit, the smell is a turn off. It's also very drying and my hair just soaks up the conditioner after I've used this. My hair has been extra dry and frizzy since I started using this, so I don't really think the positives outweigh the negatives on this one.

on 8/20/2016 11:20:00 PM

This stained my natural blonde (level 9) hair hot pink-- but only in places. Very splotchy and looked ridiculous! My stylist tried everything short of bleach to get the stain out but it wouldn't budge. I had to color my hair a level 3 dark brown to cover it! :(((

on 8/2/2016 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I didn't leave it on even for 5 minutes and it turned my hair into a nasty pink/violetish colour. Couldn't wash it off completely even after 6 washes. Avoid.