LUSH Daddyo shampoo

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
LUSH Daddyo shampoo
Daddyo shampooDaddyo shampoo

3.2

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

I purchased this shampoo after a Lush sales associate recommended this for my hair type. For reference I have colored my hair a medium blonde and my hair is med in thickness with natural wave. I don't mind the smell of this nor the price, I will spend extra money for hair products if they work. I got this in October and the bottle now is just under half full so it does last me a while however it has damaged my hair. I've had 2 haircuts since I started using this and in Nov. Had to have 1/2 an inch cut off from dry ends and when I just went to have another trim had to have a inch cut off. My hair dresser has been cutting my hair for yrs and was shocked with the condition of my hair. So I purchased some new shampoo and my hair already is looking better even my husband has mentioned it is looking better and not as dry. I'm sad this didn't work out for me as I am in love with Lush's body and bath products but the hair products just haven't worked out for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The LUSH Daddy-O Shampoo is simply wonderful.
I bought this shampoo randomly as I was shopping at LUSH and was pretty much picking any products that caught my eye.
Daddy-O is a purple shampoo, which purple shampoos help tone brassiness in hair. Personally, I am a brunette, but I don't feel like it really matters as I really do not see a major difference in the loss of brassiness in my hair at all. Nonetheless, I don't really care that it doesn't remove brassiness all that well, because this shampoo is amazing at cleaning the hair effectively but at also leaving it with the perfect amount of moisture as well. It smells very unique; like lemons but also like this sweet floral scent as well. I can't put my hand on the exact smell, but it is definitely different than anything I have ever smelled before. It really grew on me the more I used it.
Lemon is the first ingredient in here and lemons are known to really brighten the hair, making it super shiny, which I definitely can tell.
I really recommend this shampoo to really any hair types, I feel like it would work well on oily hair just as well than on dry hair.

on 6/25/2013 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like it for my highlighted blonde hair! I don't apply it to my ends and I do follow up with a good conditioner so I don't really agree with the other reviews that say this is drying. I rotate washes with this and LUSH's Big shampoo, which I also love. I do a deep repair mask every few washes.

Yes it is expensive and blah blah, but remember your paying for more than a product when you buy LUSH. When you compare ingredients lists to regular shampoos, there really is a difference. Also it’s supporting jobs in your country, good ingredients and high moral standards like recycling and not testing on animals. All this costs more than bulk manufacturing! There need to be more companies like this!

I used this three times before giving it away. It's just to drying for my hair. Even with a powerful conditioner it was leaving my ends fryed. I didn't wait around to see if it helped my hair with color.

on 4/30/2012 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Got a sample of this at Lush (sample lasts for 3 times, so usually I try shampoos before, they are really expensive at Lush!) as any Lush shampoo, the smell is horrible (not the worst of them). The color might seem scary at first (bright purple, all shower was splashed with purple foam and water) but it washes out and does not leave any stains.
I loved the result a lot, my golden highlights were lighter and so very shiny, I was really impresed.
However, the down sides - price, smell and it could be more moisturizing. My hair is really dry, little damaged, so I have to choose another shampoo. However, this is great shampoo for anyone who wants lighter, shiny hair.

on 3/28/2012 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Be mindful that daily use of Daddy-O can make your scalp itchy and maybe a little sore. I found it to be somewhat drying to my scalp and I have oily roots. It does a good job with blonde hair toning down brassiness, but honestly there are cheaper violet shampoo's out there that would do the same thing. Ask for a sample before you splurge on the full size.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

So far loving this. I have golden blonde hair with natural highlights and have washed my hair about 4 times with this and each time my hair is soft and shiny with no brassiness.

Love the smell, very nice to have just before bed. My boyfriend keeps smelling my hair.
I did freak out a bit when I poared this onto my hand in the shower and the colour was a deep inky violet. Don't let this put you off, it doesn't stain hair.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This is one pigmented purple shampoo ~~ near the ranks of Joico and AG. However it left my long, fine beige blonde hair stiff and lifeless. And I listened to previous reviewers and used a Deep Conditioning Treatment after I rinsed...so the dryness/stiffness is beyond odd. I liked the scent (kinda earthy) and the pigmentation, however the way it left my hair is just too bad. I won't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

At first I disliked the scent. After a few uses I started to get us to and now really like it. I think most Lush products are that way.
I don't have blonde hair. I use this to keep my red tones from getting brassy. This leaves my hair soft, shiny and smelling of violets.
I even use this on my dog to keep her coat dry. However, it is only used on her about once a month if that as dogs need a more oily based shampoo.

I have an oily scalp with normal ends that can get dry if the wrong products are applied.

on 9/14/2010 1:54:00 AM

When I bought this shampoo my hair was a medium chestnut brown, I felt it was looking a little drab and moussey with a little bit of yellow a tinge to it, so even though this shampoo is made for blond grey hair I wanted to try it. The sales girl promised me that it would not lighten my hair, but would bring out my natural red tone highlights and make my hair really shiny, so I bought it. It did make my hair very shiny and did bring out some of my natural brown and red highlights and took away the yellowish tinge. I didn't use it for a very long time, it eventually expired, the expirey date on the bottle was in 2009! I called the store and they said it would be fine to use still.

Anyway, I forgot I had this and decided to try it again on my hair. My hair is now box dyed black from Nice n Easy. I tried this on my black hair and loooooooooove the results, wow! My hair has NEVER been soooo freaking SHINY! love this shampoo for the results, but HATE the hippie scent it leaves in my hair! This did not lighten my hair, just brightened my color, it actually looks like I just colored my hair, and trust me I am way overdue, my color was starting to look drab, but this shampoo together with Veganese conditioner left my color looking fresh, shiny and brand new!

I have a friend who is a blond and she used this shampoo for a few days and it did lighten her hair, I asked her if she got highlights, she said no, just been using Daddyo for a week! Huge difference in her color-wow!

Great quality product but don't care for the scent.