LUSH Daddyo shampoo

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
LUSH Daddyo shampoo
Daddyo shampooDaddyo shampoo

3.9

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

I had dark brown that was also dyed a darker brown.. i wanted to go lighter and my hair turned a comically orange color.. despite the fact that the hairdresser put toner in.. this purple shampoo is stronger than i thought.. it really helped cut the brass.. however, if you are putting it on dry hair it stains your hands purple.. make sure to wash them. I really thought it wasnt going to work but I am very pleased with this shampoo and the smell is very strong.. however i love the smell.. like lilacs..

on 8/20/2016 11:20:00 PM

This stained my natural blonde (level 9) hair hot pink-- but only in places. Very splotchy and looked ridiculous! My stylist tried everything short of bleach to get the stain out but it wouldn't budge. I had to color my hair a level 3 dark brown to cover it! :(((

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I used to use this product all the time. I wanted a more natural alternative to the harsher, chemical-filled purple shampoos that are currently on the market, and so when I heard about Daddy O I went straight to Lush to purchase it. The first thing I noticed is that it has a very strong floral scent, basically it reeks of violets. It's quite lovely, actually, my entire shower smelled of flowers for an hour after I got out. The shampoo brightened up my hair, and - most importantly - didn't leave my ends dry and split. What impressed me the most about Daddy O is just how well it lathers, it's rather thin in texture and with one second of rubbing your hands it's completely lathered and goes on the hair very smoothly. I haven't gotten around to buying another one after I ran out, but I think I will try to repurchase soon, it's a very good shampoo.

on 5/21/2015 10:32:00 PM

I do like this product as its smells lovely & it actually does help keep my hair bright, and the blonde ends of my hair untarnished.

However, I think for shampoo it's really expensive. It also gives me dandruff - which is very frustrating. Once you've washed your hair with it, your hair will feel really dry, like hay!!! I use American Cream conditioner after, which adds the moisture back in. Together for the pair I paid over 30 which I think is really expensive for shampoo and conditioner. Think I'll stick to the cheap stuff!

on 5/19/2015 6:36:00 PM

i actually used this shampoo once when traveling with a friend who has blond hair and i forgot my shampoo and used this
as i am a brunette, i nvr thought of getting this shampoo
but after using it i went and bought me a bottle
it made my hair shiny and soft

on 12/20/2014 12:55:00 PM

My hair is naturally medium/dark brown and I use Body Art Quality henna on it to tint the grays (I'm about 5%-10% gray). Body Art Quality Henna is potent stuff, darkening your hair with red tones, and the color you get depends on what color your hair is to start with. My hair, since it's brown, tends to go auburn, which does not look good on me, so I mix the henna with cassia for a more coppery, natural looking color. However, this can turn the grays a little too orange-y, so I've been looking at color shampoos to try to remedy this.

Daddy-o is probably the 4th color shampoo I gave tried. It's bright purple in color, and comes in 3 sizes. I bought the 3.3 ounce size, which costs about $10. It's runny, but easy enough to manage if you just dip your fingers into it after you pour it into the palm of the opposite hand. It spreads easily, and I do not have issues with lathering, but I do use a different shampoo on the first wash, so that helps. The directions don't say to leave it in, but I leave it in for about a minute. It rinses fine, and I use a conditioner from another company and my hair detangles easily, but this doesn't tangle my hair too much to begin with. After drying, my hair is soft and shiny, and the bright orange/ red tones are toned down a little to give me a pretty, shiny brown. The effect is very subtle.

I do like this shampoo very much. To me it smells like a spicy floral 80s shampoo, not exactly like violet. Maybe a hint of violet? I asked my husband and he says he does not smell violet, just "clean hair". The smell is strong, so I would recommend smelling it in the store before buying. I think it smells better than Clairol Shimmer Lights, and I don't get the shedding and tangling like I do from sulfate free ones, like Tressa Watercolors or Claypac. It's expensive, and if you decide to go with a bigger bottle or you don't think you will use it within 6 months or so, I would recommend keeping it in the fridge since Lush products tend to go rancid before the expiration dates, I have found. Overall, I really like this shampoo.

on 5/25/2014 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this shampoo for my highlighted hair(copper) to prevent it from being brassy. Apparently, you have to lather and leave the shampoo in your hair for about 3 to 5 minutes and rinse it to to ensure that the colour in your hair doesn't go brassy.

I have used for weeks and i don't see it doing anything to stop my hair from looking rusty but it does keep my hair clean. So i suppose this shampoo is just like any other shampoo;there's nothing special about it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I never actually fully bought the product but due to LUSH being very generous with samples I have tried this shampoo maybe 6 or 7 times. I used it for a while on my freshly ombred hair , to try and tone the orange ness down. It worked well and reduced my brassy ombré to Carmel brown. However now that my hair is tonned I will not use this, it's too expensive for me and it seems to be deteriorating the condition of my hair by drying it out and not cleansing my roots properly. But if I re ombred my hair I may use this in conjunction with other products to tone again.

on 12/27/2013 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I thought I'd try this out as I love Lush bath/shower products. I have naturally black hair and have been bleaching it blonde for the past 4 years. Been using this for a few months now and am not too pleased with the product. I find it actually very irritating to my scalp and it has even caused my scalp to become dry and flaky. For a purple shampoo it does tone, but I have found many other purple shampoos with the same effect, without leaving my scalp so dry. Waiting till it runs out and will not use again....

on 7/1/2010 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

it might be good for blonde hair..but it's really drying, it makes my hair so tangled its not funny...not even the most powerful conditioner can fix it. terrible...

Popular Shampoos