LUSH Daddyo shampoo

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
LUSH Daddyo shampoo
Daddyo shampooDaddyo shampoo

3.5

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

on 11/17/2017 11:06:00 AM

I love this! Really nice product, I'm pretty blonde (dyed), I use this once a week, it gets rid of the brassiness and makes me look even blonder!!
The trick with this is wash in and wash out pretty much immediately, as it contains pretty natural dyes it could colour your highlighted or natural hair if left on for too long!
I really like the smell of this too, only thing is that it is pretty pricey the smallest bottle is $11 Canadian but considering I only use it once a week I can get over it!

on 12/30/2016 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

There are better purple shampoos on the market. While it did tone my brassiness a bit, the smell is a turn off. It's also very drying and my hair just soaks up the conditioner after I've used this. My hair has been extra dry and frizzy since I started using this, so I don't really think the positives outweigh the negatives on this one.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My hair is short mostly virgin blonde, thin but lots of it. I wash it every day. Full disclosure my skin and hair are becoming oilier due to hormone levels.

I put off trying daddy-o because the name creeped me out but I love this shampoo! I have patches of psoriasis on either side at the back of my head, nothing (even nasty pharmacy tar crud) got rid of it. Three washes with Daddy-o over ten days and it was much smoother with no sores! No flakes! My hair smells clean and lemony violet fresh, super shiny (my partner commented on it, AND his brother, didn't know I wasn't so shiny to begin with but ok) and the virgin length and processed ends were soft and manageable.
I don't really need a conditioner with this but have got Veganese (the light lemony one) to go with it, and I purchased Sugar Daddy-o solid conditioner to keep my fried ends in check.
I really only apply to my roots, have a good scrub with my finger tips and rinse out because I do think it could dry or over-tone (it's very pigmented, very purple) if you leave it in too long. I've done a lot of experimenting with tones and the trick for me really is getting a product that magically suits you. Lucky for me and my natural colour Daddy-o suits me perfectly. My virgin hair can be too ashy or too brassy but daddy-o strikes a good balance if I use it every few days. I'll buy a middle sized 250ml bottle next time because it really lathers and is quite runny so a little goes a long way. The 100ml size I've got isn't very economical and 500ml is a big commitment for me. Saying that it'd make a great body wash!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Boy oh boy - this stuff is drying. Just look at the first ingredient - lemon juice! Pah! After using this for about a month, I wouldn't touch this stuff with a ten foot pole. No, actually, that's a lie. The scent of this concoction is heavenly - I wish that I could wear it as a perfume. The smell stayed in my hair for the first day or so, and you had to dig your nose into my hair to smell it. Like, really burrow your nose in there, like a dog looking for its lost bone. It's liquid perfection - if you like violets, that is!

I won't indulge you as to what horrors my hair has borne witness to - all that you need to know is that it's broken and brassy. Very brassy. No matter how many ash brown hair dyes I smother onto my hair, an orange hue will find a way to shine through. It will eat away at the hair dye, robbing me of my money, and return to its brassy glory, with tints of yellow, orange and red. Truly a sight to behold, if you like brittle, metallic hair.

I brought this shampoo online, and after being captivated by its scent, walked in a dreamlike daze to the bathroom to wash my deprived locks. For the last month I had been squeezing out a little bit, lathering it up and working it into my scalp, and the bulk of my hair. The lather isn't the greatest, which is irritating, but I was expecting that.

Fast forward, I had to wait longer than usual for my hair to dry. I used this in conjunction with Retread by Lush, which is supposed to be a triple strength conditioner. Lies. The first thing that I noticed was that my hair was incredibly stiff and dry - no moisture or luster to it whatsoever. I pin the blame of that on the shampoo, after reading about similar experiences online. On top of that, there was no difference to the colour of my hair. I wasn't expecting a big change, but after using it for a month and asking for other opinions and looking at photos, I came to the conclusion that this shampoo had done nada for me. Nada. I reckon that is product will either be a hit or a miss for customers - I view my experience as a miss, if it isn't obvious!

If you're on the fence about this product, and I was there, I would be hauling you by the ankles over onto the 'DO NOT BUY' side. If other purple shampoos have worked for you in the past, then perhaps consider this. As for me, this was my first one and it had no effect on my hair other than sucking out all moisture - perhaps my hair was too damaged for it to work properly. If your hair is seriously damaged, like mine, then it will probably be a waste of money.

If you're still iffy about this, get a sample! I regret not getting one. A lot. Maybe it'll be your holy grail product, or maybe it'll end up sitting on your shelf, having its lid twisted open every now and then to let the scent out, alongside your deep sighs as you stare down in anguish at your broken, brassy hair.

I went into Lush yesterday and one of the sales girls was telling me how great my blonde looked on me and really recommended Daddy-O. I have used other brands purple shampoos and they worked great, so I gave it a go. My hair was very blonde because I had done silver/ grey hair about a month ago. Before I bought the product the girl had given me a demo and it smelled great, looked great, the whole deal. She told me how to use it and it was just like any other purple shampoo you just wash your hair with it or leave it in for about 5-10 minutes then wash out. When I got home I got in the shower and used it just as the girl and bottle said. I evenly distributed the product all over my head and it looked very purple just as in the bottle. Within 1-2 minutes I checked my hair and the product looked pink. I looked at my ends and tried to rub the product out and it wouldn't come off. I immediately washed the rest out of my hair and looked in the mirror. My hair was the ugliest shades of pink. It looked like I had faded out pink hair, not even a good pink. I was so pissed. If I wanted pink hair I would have dyed my hair pink. I hopped back in the shower and washed my hair honestly maybe 10 times. When I got most of the pink out I let my hair dry and noticed that my hair was 20x's brassier than it was to start with. It left my hair feeling dry as if I had just bleached it again. I don't know if I should try it again, but in the wash out meathod. From this experience I would not reccomend to anyone of you have a processed blonde.

on 9/15/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

An employee at Lush recommended me Daddy-O to tone down the brassiness in my blind hair. The packaging is pretty and it's nice they offer three size bottles. I found it ridiculously priced though. I'm sorry but $30 for a large bottle of shampoo is pretty steep for me. It does have a strong floral scent which I find refreshing. The first time I used it, my hair felt softer, silkier and the brassy tones were diminished. The only downfall is that I can only use it once every couple weeks. I have discovered that using it every other days made my hair coarse and dried out. Other than that, I do enjoy this Lush Shampoo but only in small moderations.

on 7/21/2014 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

After trying other brands of purple shampoo and them falling short, I stumbled on this Lush shampoo. They had a small bottle for only 10$ so I was happy to give this a try. I am not the biggest fan of Lush hair products as I have tried a couple and they have failed miserably.

This shampoo has a nauseating smell, a cross between flowers and old spice. Mixed together, terrible combination.

The shampoo did lather well but I didn't notice much in terms of the toning . To top off the repulsive smell, this shampoo made me break out unlike any time ever. There were pimples in my hair line and on my forehead. I will not be giving this shampoo a second chance. Stay away from this shampoo if you are acne prone or sensitive. Such a disappointment.

on 7/21/2014 10:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is an ok shampoo - it cleans really well, maybe a bit too much. I use it more as a clarifying shampoo as it can be drying.

I'm not sure on the toning effects as I don't use it for that purpose.

on 6/26/2014 3:30:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Since I bleached my hair ~2 months ago this has been the shampoo I've used. I used to use trichomania solid shampoo, but this was far too harsh for my new treated hair.
I leave it in for about 3 minutes and then rinse it out. It definitely helps with the brassiness, especially when used alongside a toner and/or purple conditioner.
It's quite a runny liquid so it usually ends up all over my shower! I always make sure to rinse it off the shower walls before I get out because I don't want to stain the walls.
The smell isn't as nice as some of the other Lush shampoos in my opinion, but I'm willing to sacrifice the nicer smells for a product that helps my hair. If you're not sure, definitely go in store and have a sniff first because it's a pretty strong smell!

on 12/26/2013 9:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This product is okay it leaves my hair really clean but doesn't dry it out. I was told in the store that it makes hair a bit lighter which I think it does as my friend used it repeatedly on the bottom half of her hair and it went a lot lighter after a couple of months however this product doesn't really stand out to much to me but would be perfect for someone with lighter hair.

Popular Shampoos