LUSH Daddyo shampoo

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
LUSH Daddyo shampoo
Daddyo shampooDaddyo shampoo

3.4

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

I have unnatural blonde hair so am always keen to try different products to keep the brassiness at bat between appointments. I was excited when I saw this shampoo online (no Lush stores in my city) as the purple tint is a pinky purple. I find many toning shampoos are too blue-violet and can make my hair a greenish grey as a result.

Unfortunately I was disappointed as this shampoo does not tone the hair in any way. No colour is left on the hair after rinsing. I believe this is due to the high concentration of lemon juice. Lemon juice is a natural clarifier that removes product build up including the kind that you want - toner. Instead of toning my hair it actually removed what was remaining of my salon toner and left my highlights bare and bright, the lighter ones creamy and the darker ones golden. The lemon juice definitely adds shine and brightens the highlights by removing product build up and build up from hard water.

This leads me to my next point. It’s drying. Very drying. Along with the lemon juice it contains sodium laureth sulphate. So just be aware. Even after deep conditioning my hair felt drier than usual, was frizzy and difficult to style.

The smell... I love the smell. I understand it’s very devisive but I absolutely love it. It’s kitch and old fashioned and lovely. I feel like I belong in an Enid Blyton novel when I use it. The scent does linger for a few days but in a much more subtle form.

In conclusion I would call this shampoo a clarifying and brightening shampoo. It will not tone your hair but will remove build up and brighten it.
If you have golden blonde hair I think you will love it. If you prefer a cooler blonde and need to tone to maintain that then this is not for you.

I won’t be repurchasing as I prefer other clarifying shampoos.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Smells nice, other than that, does absolutely nothing for me. My hair didn't really look that much different in comparison to washing with cheaper shampoos that I've tried in the past. Another problem I had was that it completely dried my scalp out and made it itch like crazy. Thank goodness I didn't buy the bigger bottle (although even the small one is expensive enough).

on 11/17/2017 11:06:00 AM

I love this! Really nice product, I'm pretty blonde (dyed), I use this once a week, it gets rid of the brassiness and makes me look even blonder!!
The trick with this is wash in and wash out pretty much immediately, as it contains pretty natural dyes it could colour your highlighted or natural hair if left on for too long!
I really like the smell of this too, only thing is that it is pretty pricey the smallest bottle is $11 Canadian but considering I only use it once a week I can get over it!

on 12/30/2016 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

There are better purple shampoos on the market. While it did tone my brassiness a bit, the smell is a turn off. It's also very drying and my hair just soaks up the conditioner after I've used this. My hair has been extra dry and frizzy since I started using this, so I don't really think the positives outweigh the negatives on this one.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My hair is short mostly virgin blonde, thin but lots of it. I wash it every day. Full disclosure my skin and hair are becoming oilier due to hormone levels.

I put off trying daddy-o because the name creeped me out but I love this shampoo! I have patches of psoriasis on either side at the back of my head, nothing (even nasty pharmacy tar crud) got rid of it. Three washes with Daddy-o over ten days and it was much smoother with no sores! No flakes! My hair smells clean and lemony violet fresh, super shiny (my partner commented on it, AND his brother, didn't know I wasn't so shiny to begin with but ok) and the virgin length and processed ends were soft and manageable.
I don't really need a conditioner with this but have got Veganese (the light lemony one) to go with it, and I purchased Sugar Daddy-o solid conditioner to keep my fried ends in check.
I really only apply to my roots, have a good scrub with my finger tips and rinse out because I do think it could dry or over-tone (it's very pigmented, very purple) if you leave it in too long. I've done a lot of experimenting with tones and the trick for me really is getting a product that magically suits you. Lucky for me and my natural colour Daddy-o suits me perfectly. My virgin hair can be too ashy or too brassy but daddy-o strikes a good balance if I use it every few days. I'll buy a middle sized 250ml bottle next time because it really lathers and is quite runny so a little goes a long way. The 100ml size I've got isn't very economical and 500ml is a big commitment for me. Saying that it'd make a great body wash!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Boy oh boy - this stuff is drying. Just look at the first ingredient - lemon juice! Pah! After using this for about a month, I wouldn't touch this stuff with a ten foot pole. No, actually, that's a lie. The scent of this concoction is heavenly - I wish that I could wear it as a perfume. The smell stayed in my hair for the first day or so, and you had to dig your nose into my hair to smell it. Like, really burrow your nose in there, like a dog looking for its lost bone. It's liquid perfection - if you like violets, that is!

I won't indulge you as to what horrors my hair has borne witness to - all that you need to know is that it's broken and brassy. Very brassy. No matter how many ash brown hair dyes I smother onto my hair, an orange hue will find a way to shine through. It will eat away at the hair dye, robbing me of my money, and return to its brassy glory, with tints of yellow, orange and red. Truly a sight to behold, if you like brittle, metallic hair.

I brought this shampoo online, and after being captivated by its scent, walked in a dreamlike daze to the bathroom to wash my deprived locks. For the last month I had been squeezing out a little bit, lathering it up and working it into my scalp, and the bulk of my hair. The lather isn't the greatest, which is irritating, but I was expecting that.

Fast forward, I had to wait longer than usual for my hair to dry. I used this in conjunction with Retread by Lush, which is supposed to be a triple strength conditioner. Lies. The first thing that I noticed was that my hair was incredibly stiff and dry - no moisture or luster to it whatsoever. I pin the blame of that on the shampoo, after reading about similar experiences online. On top of that, there was no difference to the colour of my hair. I wasn't expecting a big change, but after using it for a month and asking for other opinions and looking at photos, I came to the conclusion that this shampoo had done nada for me. Nada. I reckon that is product will either be a hit or a miss for customers - I view my experience as a miss, if it isn't obvious!

If you're on the fence about this product, and I was there, I would be hauling you by the ankles over onto the 'DO NOT BUY' side. If other purple shampoos have worked for you in the past, then perhaps consider this. As for me, this was my first one and it had no effect on my hair other than sucking out all moisture - perhaps my hair was too damaged for it to work properly. If your hair is seriously damaged, like mine, then it will probably be a waste of money.

If you're still iffy about this, get a sample! I regret not getting one. A lot. Maybe it'll be your holy grail product, or maybe it'll end up sitting on your shelf, having its lid twisted open every now and then to let the scent out, alongside your deep sighs as you stare down in anguish at your broken, brassy hair.

I went into Lush yesterday and one of the sales girls was telling me how great my blonde looked on me and really recommended Daddy-O. I have used other brands purple shampoos and they worked great, so I gave it a go. My hair was very blonde because I had done silver/ grey hair about a month ago. Before I bought the product the girl had given me a demo and it smelled great, looked great, the whole deal. She told me how to use it and it was just like any other purple shampoo you just wash your hair with it or leave it in for about 5-10 minutes then wash out. When I got home I got in the shower and used it just as the girl and bottle said. I evenly distributed the product all over my head and it looked very purple just as in the bottle. Within 1-2 minutes I checked my hair and the product looked pink. I looked at my ends and tried to rub the product out and it wouldn't come off. I immediately washed the rest out of my hair and looked in the mirror. My hair was the ugliest shades of pink. It looked like I had faded out pink hair, not even a good pink. I was so pissed. If I wanted pink hair I would have dyed my hair pink. I hopped back in the shower and washed my hair honestly maybe 10 times. When I got most of the pink out I let my hair dry and noticed that my hair was 20x's brassier than it was to start with. It left my hair feeling dry as if I had just bleached it again. I don't know if I should try it again, but in the wash out meathod. From this experience I would not reccomend to anyone of you have a processed blonde.

on 9/15/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

An employee at Lush recommended me Daddy-O to tone down the brassiness in my blind hair. The packaging is pretty and it's nice they offer three size bottles. I found it ridiculously priced though. I'm sorry but $30 for a large bottle of shampoo is pretty steep for me. It does have a strong floral scent which I find refreshing. The first time I used it, my hair felt softer, silkier and the brassy tones were diminished. The only downfall is that I can only use it once every couple weeks. I have discovered that using it every other days made my hair coarse and dried out. Other than that, I do enjoy this Lush Shampoo but only in small moderations.

on 7/21/2014 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

After trying other brands of purple shampoo and them falling short, I stumbled on this Lush shampoo. They had a small bottle for only 10$ so I was happy to give this a try. I am not the biggest fan of Lush hair products as I have tried a couple and they have failed miserably.

This shampoo has a nauseating smell, a cross between flowers and old spice. Mixed together, terrible combination.

The shampoo did lather well but I didn't notice much in terms of the toning . To top off the repulsive smell, this shampoo made me break out unlike any time ever. There were pimples in my hair line and on my forehead. I will not be giving this shampoo a second chance. Stay away from this shampoo if you are acne prone or sensitive. Such a disappointment.

on 7/21/2014 10:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is an ok shampoo - it cleans really well, maybe a bit too much. I use it more as a clarifying shampoo as it can be drying.

I'm not sure on the toning effects as I don't use it for that purpose.