LUSH Daddyo shampoo

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
LUSH Daddyo shampoo
Daddyo shampooDaddyo shampoo

3.4

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

on 5/12/2017 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

DO NOT USE IF YOU'RE PLATINUM BLONDE

Absolutely horrible if you're platinum. The undertone is red, not blue - I have VERY platinum hair, and this dyed it pink. I'm so irritated. The sales girl at lush, who said she's a hair stylist, recommended this for toning after I ran out of my usual J.beverly hills blue/purple toning shampoo. BIG MISTAKE. I will never use this again.

Maybe good for brunettes or red-heads... NOT for girls who are platinum.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My hair is short mostly virgin blonde, thin but lots of it. I wash it every day. Full disclosure my skin and hair are becoming oilier due to hormone levels.

I put off trying daddy-o because the name creeped me out but I love this shampoo! I have patches of psoriasis on either side at the back of my head, nothing (even nasty pharmacy tar crud) got rid of it. Three washes with Daddy-o over ten days and it was much smoother with no sores! No flakes! My hair smells clean and lemony violet fresh, super shiny (my partner commented on it, AND his brother, didn't know I wasn't so shiny to begin with but ok) and the virgin length and processed ends were soft and manageable.
I don't really need a conditioner with this but have got Veganese (the light lemony one) to go with it, and I purchased Sugar Daddy-o solid conditioner to keep my fried ends in check.
I really only apply to my roots, have a good scrub with my finger tips and rinse out because I do think it could dry or over-tone (it's very pigmented, very purple) if you leave it in too long. I've done a lot of experimenting with tones and the trick for me really is getting a product that magically suits you. Lucky for me and my natural colour Daddy-o suits me perfectly. My virgin hair can be too ashy or too brassy but daddy-o strikes a good balance if I use it every few days. I'll buy a middle sized 250ml bottle next time because it really lathers and is quite runny so a little goes a long way. The 100ml size I've got isn't very economical and 500ml is a big commitment for me. Saying that it'd make a great body wash!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This product wrecked my hair. Seriously. My hair was damaged from bleaching before I used it, but it wasn't too bad. After a few washes, my hair was like straw! And that's with using a good conditioner and mask! The toning properties were terrible as well, they did nothing to counteract my yellowness.

I think this product would please someone who hasn't used many purple shampoos before, but I think I'll stick to higher end shampoos from now on. You can really tell the difference.

on 12/20/2014 12:55:00 PM

My hair is naturally medium/dark brown and I use Body Art Quality henna on it to tint the grays (I'm about 5%-10% gray). Body Art Quality Henna is potent stuff, darkening your hair with red tones, and the color you get depends on what color your hair is to start with. My hair, since it's brown, tends to go auburn, which does not look good on me, so I mix the henna with cassia for a more coppery, natural looking color. However, this can turn the grays a little too orange-y, so I've been looking at color shampoos to try to remedy this.

Daddy-o is probably the 4th color shampoo I gave tried. It's bright purple in color, and comes in 3 sizes. I bought the 3.3 ounce size, which costs about $10. It's runny, but easy enough to manage if you just dip your fingers into it after you pour it into the palm of the opposite hand. It spreads easily, and I do not have issues with lathering, but I do use a different shampoo on the first wash, so that helps. The directions don't say to leave it in, but I leave it in for about a minute. It rinses fine, and I use a conditioner from another company and my hair detangles easily, but this doesn't tangle my hair too much to begin with. After drying, my hair is soft and shiny, and the bright orange/ red tones are toned down a little to give me a pretty, shiny brown. The effect is very subtle.

I do like this shampoo very much. To me it smells like a spicy floral 80s shampoo, not exactly like violet. Maybe a hint of violet? I asked my husband and he says he does not smell violet, just "clean hair". The smell is strong, so I would recommend smelling it in the store before buying. I think it smells better than Clairol Shimmer Lights, and I don't get the shedding and tangling like I do from sulfate free ones, like Tressa Watercolors or Claypac. It's expensive, and if you decide to go with a bigger bottle or you don't think you will use it within 6 months or so, I would recommend keeping it in the fridge since Lush products tend to go rancid before the expiration dates, I have found. Overall, I really like this shampoo.

on 7/21/2014 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

After trying other brands of purple shampoo and them falling short, I stumbled on this Lush shampoo. They had a small bottle for only 10$ so I was happy to give this a try. I am not the biggest fan of Lush hair products as I have tried a couple and they have failed miserably.

This shampoo has a nauseating smell, a cross between flowers and old spice. Mixed together, terrible combination.

The shampoo did lather well but I didn't notice much in terms of the toning . To top off the repulsive smell, this shampoo made me break out unlike any time ever. There were pimples in my hair line and on my forehead. I will not be giving this shampoo a second chance. Stay away from this shampoo if you are acne prone or sensitive. Such a disappointment.

on 7/21/2014 10:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is an ok shampoo - it cleans really well, maybe a bit too much. I use it more as a clarifying shampoo as it can be drying.

I'm not sure on the toning effects as I don't use it for that purpose.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The LUSH Daddy-O Shampoo is simply wonderful.
I bought this shampoo randomly as I was shopping at LUSH and was pretty much picking any products that caught my eye.
Daddy-O is a purple shampoo, which purple shampoos help tone brassiness in hair. Personally, I am a brunette, but I don't feel like it really matters as I really do not see a major difference in the loss of brassiness in my hair at all. Nonetheless, I don't really care that it doesn't remove brassiness all that well, because this shampoo is amazing at cleaning the hair effectively but at also leaving it with the perfect amount of moisture as well. It smells very unique; like lemons but also like this sweet floral scent as well. I can't put my hand on the exact smell, but it is definitely different than anything I have ever smelled before. It really grew on me the more I used it.
Lemon is the first ingredient in here and lemons are known to really brighten the hair, making it super shiny, which I definitely can tell.
I really recommend this shampoo to really any hair types, I feel like it would work well on oily hair just as well than on dry hair.

on 9/1/2013 11:50:00 PM

I've been using the shampoo for a couple of weeks. I found that using it on it's own doesn't make my hair feel very nice but if i mix it with my regular Tresemme anti-breakage shampoo i still get the benefits of a purple shampoo but with a toned down smell and cleaner feeling hair. I've gotten many compliments of how nice my hair smells and how bright and lovely the colour is. This one is a win for me!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have full set highlighted hair which is blonde ! I bought this and I have very dry hair, but it works wonders! After styling my hair, my hair was light, bright, felt good, shiny and clean. It is not drying if you condition your hair, its so dark that it really helps tone the color and make hair feel light. All you need is a drop and yes its expensive but you get what you pay for, it lasts forever. I have had mine a week and it has hardly gone down ! I would recommend :)

on 1/19/2013 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product did get the red tint out of my hair (I was going from auburn to light brown). However, as many other reviewers have mentioned... it made my hair very dry. I ended up giving it to my boyfriend (who is blonde) and it has done WONDERS for his hair! It has never been brighter and more shiny. If you are blonde, this stuff will work well for you.