LUSH Daddyo shampoo

Filtered by hair type : Straight
LUSH Daddyo shampoo
Daddyo shampooDaddyo shampoo

3.2

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

I had dark brown that was also dyed a darker brown.. i wanted to go lighter and my hair turned a comically orange color.. despite the fact that the hairdresser put toner in.. this purple shampoo is stronger than i thought.. it really helped cut the brass.. however, if you are putting it on dry hair it stains your hands purple.. make sure to wash them. I really thought it wasnt going to work but I am very pleased with this shampoo and the smell is very strong.. however i love the smell.. like lilacs..

on 8/2/2016 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I didn't leave it on even for 5 minutes and it turned my hair into a nasty pink/violetish colour. Couldn't wash it off completely even after 6 washes. Avoid.

on 12/2/2015 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I looked at reviews before buying this product and then asked about it to the girl at lush, i bought the small bottle to try it, i have processed hair and i was looking for a purple/blue shampoo to get the brassy tones out without damaging the hair even more.

The product smells really good, it has a fresh fruity smell and the texture is runny so you can apply it pretty well, it's easy to wash and pretty good to clean off of the skin (unlike other purple shampoos), overall i liked it at first sight.

Which surprised me was that it was a warmer violet color than other purple shampoos i've tried, i left it for five minutes the first time i used it and then rinsed it off, my hair had turned an orangy blonde, not so brassy but not a colder tone as i wanted and expected, i really hated it because it looked like a washed out pink/orange color.

I've also tried leaving the shampoo for just one minute but it still doesn't get the yellow undertones out it just masks them with a pinkier tone.

Also it's a very drying product, if it's useful to you colorwise i still wouldn't recommend using it every time you wash your hair (one time a week tops), unless your hair is really really oily and healthy you will have to use a mask afterwards.

I was even more surprised a few weeks later when a friend of mine gave me a lush mask as a gift and a free sample of daddy'o, i looked at the shampoo and it was blue, i compared it to the one i had at home and they were completely different colors, this one was way colder, i tried it on a strand of my hair and it worked really well, just like i expected it to do the first time i tried the product.

So.. I don't know if the girl from lush made a mistake, if the color changes depending of the batch they make or what but the product is way too expensive for this.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I used to use this product all the time. I wanted a more natural alternative to the harsher, chemical-filled purple shampoos that are currently on the market, and so when I heard about Daddy O I went straight to Lush to purchase it. The first thing I noticed is that it has a very strong floral scent, basically it reeks of violets. It's quite lovely, actually, my entire shower smelled of flowers for an hour after I got out. The shampoo brightened up my hair, and - most importantly - didn't leave my ends dry and split. What impressed me the most about Daddy O is just how well it lathers, it's rather thin in texture and with one second of rubbing your hands it's completely lathered and goes on the hair very smoothly. I haven't gotten around to buying another one after I ran out, but I think I will try to repurchase soon, it's a very good shampoo.

on 5/21/2015 10:32:00 PM

I do like this product as its smells lovely & it actually does help keep my hair bright, and the blonde ends of my hair untarnished.

However, I think for shampoo it's really expensive. It also gives me dandruff - which is very frustrating. Once you've washed your hair with it, your hair will feel really dry, like hay!!! I use American Cream conditioner after, which adds the moisture back in. Together for the pair I paid over 30 which I think is really expensive for shampoo and conditioner. Think I'll stick to the cheap stuff!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Sulphates.
Sulphates in the second and third position on the ingredients list. Sodium Alkyl Sulfate and Sodium Laureth Sulfate.

Parabens.
Both Methylparaben & Propylparaben. Bottom of the ingredients list.

No thanks.

I have an unnatural hair color, I use 'Ultrablue' by Stargazer, have done for years. Never has a shampoo stripped my color so fast!! My color life was shortened by about 3 weeks!

I feel sad really, its like everyone gets to be in love with Lush but me.

on 12/26/2013 9:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This product is okay it leaves my hair really clean but doesn't dry it out. I was told in the store that it makes hair a bit lighter which I think it does as my friend used it repeatedly on the bottom half of her hair and it went a lot lighter after a couple of months however this product doesn't really stand out to much to me but would be perfect for someone with lighter hair.

on 8/25/2013 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

If this works for you, awesome. I wish it did anything for me other than induce a violent wave of frustration. want to like Lush as much as the rest of the world, but I can't help but feel that there "natural and all fresh" schtick is nothing more than a wordy pile of bullcrap. Yeah, their stuff smells good, but the cost of their products is ridonkulous, given that even the stuff they claim to be "gentle" contains high levels of irritants, and cheap ingredients.

The scent is headache inducing, but I can get over that if the product works.I've used this product here and there in the hopes that it would liven up my dirty blonde hair. I haven't seen a noticeable difference, because I've been able to consistently use this. Let a lone drying out my strands, this product causes rashes and pustules on my forehead. Sustained use is impossible; the thought of itchy, scratchy bumps sends me grabbing for my most gentle products.

Blah. I'm sick of Lush.

Just remember that natural does not mean better, and that no matter how natural they say they are, the ingredient list reveals their secrets.

on 4/30/2012 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Got a sample of this at Lush (sample lasts for 3 times, so usually I try shampoos before, they are really expensive at Lush!) as any Lush shampoo, the smell is horrible (not the worst of them). The color might seem scary at first (bright purple, all shower was splashed with purple foam and water) but it washes out and does not leave any stains.
I loved the result a lot, my golden highlights were lighter and so very shiny, I was really impresed.
However, the down sides - price, smell and it could be more moisturizing. My hair is really dry, little damaged, so I have to choose another shampoo. However, this is great shampoo for anyone who wants lighter, shiny hair.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely adore the smell of violets and that's why I keep buying this stuff from time to time. Unfortunately the violet scent is replaced by a weird hairspray type smell when hair is dry which I why I dropped a lippy. Very yummy in the bottle tho!