LUSH Daddyo shampoo

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
LUSH Daddyo shampoo
Daddyo shampooDaddyo shampoo

3.7

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

on 1/16/2016 11:26:00 PM

I'm giving this product 4 stars because it does do what it promises to. I have dyed ash brown hair with ash highlights, and brassy tones do come out often which is irritating. After the first wash, my hair did look less brassy which I am extremely pleased with, but it also dried my hair out quite a bit and I noticed some white flakes on the top of my head, which I don't usually have. I would recommend this product if you need to combat brassy hair (and it smells divine) but only once a week, and you need a lot of conditioner afterwards.

I went into Lush yesterday and one of the sales girls was telling me how great my blonde looked on me and really recommended Daddy-O. I have used other brands purple shampoos and they worked great, so I gave it a go. My hair was very blonde because I had done silver/ grey hair about a month ago. Before I bought the product the girl had given me a demo and it smelled great, looked great, the whole deal. She told me how to use it and it was just like any other purple shampoo you just wash your hair with it or leave it in for about 5-10 minutes then wash out. When I got home I got in the shower and used it just as the girl and bottle said. I evenly distributed the product all over my head and it looked very purple just as in the bottle. Within 1-2 minutes I checked my hair and the product looked pink. I looked at my ends and tried to rub the product out and it wouldn't come off. I immediately washed the rest out of my hair and looked in the mirror. My hair was the ugliest shades of pink. It looked like I had faded out pink hair, not even a good pink. I was so pissed. If I wanted pink hair I would have dyed my hair pink. I hopped back in the shower and washed my hair honestly maybe 10 times. When I got most of the pink out I let my hair dry and noticed that my hair was 20x's brassier than it was to start with. It left my hair feeling dry as if I had just bleached it again. I don't know if I should try it again, but in the wash out meathod. From this experience I would not reccomend to anyone of you have a processed blonde.

If you used this everyday it will dry out your hair like it did mine. After i went to my hairstylist and told her why my hair was so dry she told me use this shampoo once a week and leave it in your hair for 5 minutes then rinse. I'm on my second bottle, using it the right way now and im happy.

on 7/21/2014 10:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is an ok shampoo - it cleans really well, maybe a bit too much. I use it more as a clarifying shampoo as it can be drying.

I'm not sure on the toning effects as I don't use it for that purpose.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I never actually fully bought the product but due to LUSH being very generous with samples I have tried this shampoo maybe 6 or 7 times. I used it for a while on my freshly ombred hair , to try and tone the orange ness down. It worked well and reduced my brassy ombré to Carmel brown. However now that my hair is tonned I will not use this, it's too expensive for me and it seems to be deteriorating the condition of my hair by drying it out and not cleansing my roots properly. But if I re ombred my hair I may use this in conjunction with other products to tone again.

on 12/26/2013 9:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This product is okay it leaves my hair really clean but doesn't dry it out. I was told in the store that it makes hair a bit lighter which I think it does as my friend used it repeatedly on the bottom half of her hair and it went a lot lighter after a couple of months however this product doesn't really stand out to much to me but would be perfect for someone with lighter hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The LUSH Daddy-O Shampoo is simply wonderful.
I bought this shampoo randomly as I was shopping at LUSH and was pretty much picking any products that caught my eye.
Daddy-O is a purple shampoo, which purple shampoos help tone brassiness in hair. Personally, I am a brunette, but I don't feel like it really matters as I really do not see a major difference in the loss of brassiness in my hair at all. Nonetheless, I don't really care that it doesn't remove brassiness all that well, because this shampoo is amazing at cleaning the hair effectively but at also leaving it with the perfect amount of moisture as well. It smells very unique; like lemons but also like this sweet floral scent as well. I can't put my hand on the exact smell, but it is definitely different than anything I have ever smelled before. It really grew on me the more I used it.
Lemon is the first ingredient in here and lemons are known to really brighten the hair, making it super shiny, which I definitely can tell.
I really recommend this shampoo to really any hair types, I feel like it would work well on oily hair just as well than on dry hair.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have full set highlighted hair which is blonde ! I bought this and I have very dry hair, but it works wonders! After styling my hair, my hair was light, bright, felt good, shiny and clean. It is not drying if you condition your hair, its so dark that it really helps tone the color and make hair feel light. All you need is a drop and yes its expensive but you get what you pay for, it lasts forever. I have had mine a week and it has hardly gone down ! I would recommend :)

on 1/19/2013 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product did get the red tint out of my hair (I was going from auburn to light brown). However, as many other reviewers have mentioned... it made my hair very dry. I ended up giving it to my boyfriend (who is blonde) and it has done WONDERS for his hair! It has never been brighter and more shiny. If you are blonde, this stuff will work well for you.

I love the smell of this product but in the end I don't really think that it does as good a job as my Karma solid shampoo.

Popular Shampoos