LUSH Daddyo shampoo

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
LUSH Daddyo shampoo
Daddyo shampooDaddyo shampoo

3.9

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

I had dark brown that was also dyed a darker brown.. i wanted to go lighter and my hair turned a comically orange color.. despite the fact that the hairdresser put toner in.. this purple shampoo is stronger than i thought.. it really helped cut the brass.. however, if you are putting it on dry hair it stains your hands purple.. make sure to wash them. I really thought it wasnt going to work but I am very pleased with this shampoo and the smell is very strong.. however i love the smell.. like lilacs..

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I never actually fully bought the product but due to LUSH being very generous with samples I have tried this shampoo maybe 6 or 7 times. I used it for a while on my freshly ombred hair , to try and tone the orange ness down. It worked well and reduced my brassy ombré to Carmel brown. However now that my hair is tonned I will not use this, it's too expensive for me and it seems to be deteriorating the condition of my hair by drying it out and not cleansing my roots properly. But if I re ombred my hair I may use this in conjunction with other products to tone again.

I used this three times before giving it away. It's just to drying for my hair. Even with a powerful conditioner it was leaving my ends fryed. I didn't wait around to see if it helped my hair with color.

on 7/26/2012 7:13:00 PM

I got this as a sample (which lasted me at least 5 times for my shorter-than-shoulderlength hair).
I really love the color, a bright, glittering purple. There was pruple foam everywhere in the showerplace! Really lovely.
The scent is really strong and just waaaay too sweet for me. It smells like candy, but not any candy I'd like.
It was so strong I could smell it through my second wash with Godiva. I washed my hair with Godiva partly because of the scent, but also because this just didn't give me enough moisture and left my hair really dry (I was on a trip to Italy and had only Godiva with me to save some space).
One day I had forgotten the second wash and the next day my hair was feeling very very greasy, more than it normaly is.
I did have the idea it made my hair blonder. Although it might just have been the Italian sun.
I won't buy this because of the very strong smell. It's not that I hate it, but I prefer my locks to smell of Godiva's jasmin instead of candy.

on 7/5/2012 12:52:00 AM

It's been several weeks since I finished my second bottle of Daddyo, and I only realised how much I love it now it's gone. My hair is an ash blonde, and I liked the idea of making it brighter and blonder without bleaching it. This really works. My natural highlights look so blonde and my hair goes from being quite dull to a bright, golden/ash blonde. I started seeing a guy about 6 weeks ago. Last night he said "I'm sure you were blonder when I met you"...so it definitely makes a noticeable difference. It's also a good shampoo; it leave my hair soft, manageable and it smells great as well. It doesn't need to be used everyday to make a noticeable difference either. I bought John Friedas "Go Blonder" shampoo and conditioner yesterday. I suppose I'll try them out for a little while, but I should have just gone back to Lush and stocked up on some more Daddyo. If they ever discontinue this shampoo, I'll cry.

on 9/14/2010 1:54:00 AM

When I bought this shampoo my hair was a medium chestnut brown, I felt it was looking a little drab and moussey with a little bit of yellow a tinge to it, so even though this shampoo is made for blond grey hair I wanted to try it. The sales girl promised me that it would not lighten my hair, but would bring out my natural red tone highlights and make my hair really shiny, so I bought it. It did make my hair very shiny and did bring out some of my natural brown and red highlights and took away the yellowish tinge. I didn't use it for a very long time, it eventually expired, the expirey date on the bottle was in 2009! I called the store and they said it would be fine to use still.

Anyway, I forgot I had this and decided to try it again on my hair. My hair is now box dyed black from Nice n Easy. I tried this on my black hair and loooooooooove the results, wow! My hair has NEVER been soooo freaking SHINY! love this shampoo for the results, but HATE the hippie scent it leaves in my hair! This did not lighten my hair, just brightened my color, it actually looks like I just colored my hair, and trust me I am way overdue, my color was starting to look drab, but this shampoo together with Veganese conditioner left my color looking fresh, shiny and brand new!

I have a friend who is a blond and she used this shampoo for a few days and it did lighten her hair, I asked her if she got highlights, she said no, just been using Daddyo for a week! Huge difference in her color-wow!

Great quality product but don't care for the scent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My natural hair color is ash blonde, and when I was growing out my bleached hair to my natural shade, this shampoo was amazing at taking out all the brassy tones. It gave me a really nice, clean texture and made my hair feeling very bouncy and added a lot of shine. Some complain about the smell, however the bottle I had smelled just like violet candies I used to eat! I bought mine fresh from the store, so perhaps that is a factor. If I ever went back to my natural hair, this is the shampoo I would reach for.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've never really bought into 'Colour Depositing' or 'Colour Brightening' shampoos and treatments, though I've experimented with a few. I have colour-treated hair, single-processed - I'm naturally a medium, strawberry-blonde shade and I currently dye it to a golden-toned, light blonde. I couldn't tell you what bleach it is, but I usually stick with Paul Mitchell's shampoo & conditioner for colour-treated hair, and my colour generally stays pretty true. My stylist does tone it 2-3 times per year/every 4 months if it looks a little brassy.

I've only tried out LUSH's Marilyn and (breifly) Tres Emme's Shampoo & Conditioner for Blonde hair. I wasn't impressed with any of these products, but decided on a whim to buy the smallest size; 100mL bottle of DaddyO. While I don't notice this lightening my hair colour, I do notice it leaves it looking very bright and shiny - refreshed, if you will. I'm also extremely glad that this is in a bottle. While I can applaud LUSH's comittment to the environment, the idea of using the solid bar shampoos kind of skeeves me out with my oily scalp.

My biggest complaint with this shampoo is not the smell - the smell (very violet, I also detect a bit of licorice and cinnamon) is neither here nor there for me, and while I notice it in the shower, I do not notice it in my hair once it's dry or after conditioning. It's not like a nice vanilla smell, it takes some getting used to, but I don't think it's a dealbreaker by any means, and it didn't bother me as much as it does some of the users on here.

My biggest issue is the fact that I don't feel like this leaves my hair or scalp clean. My hair is naturally quite fine (though I have lots of hair. Apparently.) with an oily-ish scalp, and dry ends. I do wash it during the work/school week, 4 out of 5 days at least. While this lathers up quite well, it does not leave my hair with the squeaky-clean feeling I'm used to. Because of this, I do not use this as my everyday shampoo - I use this a couple of times a week, and find it keeps my hair looking very baby-blonde, bright, and shiny. So, for me it is a winner.

Price-wise, it is spendy. It's around $26 before for the 500mL here, and it costs me around $30 for the Paul Mitchell Shampoo for a full 1L with taxes. It's a little expensive dollar per mL, but the 100mL bottle I bought at the beginning of April is still around 1/4 full. I gave it a Three because this does last me a long time as I use it when I want a spring in my step, but for an everyday shampoo, it ranks closer to a Four on price.

I will definately rebuy, and am definately planning on picking up the largest bottle this week.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I maybe so would buy this daddy o again, it lathers great, scent is neutral, purplish color shampoo, sorta thick in consistancy, made my hair feel soft, I will see how it does for my hair in the summer time, but I DO LOOOOVE THERE bar shampoo soaps.

on 4/20/2006 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hum.. I'm not sure that Daddyo actually does what it claims to. I wanted a purple shampoo to keep my ashy highlights from turning warm as it tends to do so quickly on asian hair. I probably need to find a purple conditioner to do the trick. But anyway, Daddyo is a good regular shampoo. I am fond of the violet scent and colour, and it foams up well enough, but one of the ingredients is SLS, so I may not repurchase it in the future. The largest bottle is ~CAD$25 (for 16oz).

Popular Shampoos