LUSH Daddyo shampoo

Filtered by skin type : Oily
LUSH Daddyo shampoo
Daddyo shampooDaddyo shampoo

3.3

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

So I've been using daddy o shampoo for about 5 weeks and I'm not sure whether I love it or not.I like the smell of the shampoo but hasn't really made a difference on my hair ,i have blonde hair and was expecting this product to make my hair more shinier and blonde but it hasn't.However it does prevent oily hair and now I only wash my hair every other day but I will warn others that this product can dry your hair out a lot and applying conditioner is now an essential.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My hair is short mostly virgin blonde, thin but lots of it. I wash it every day. Full disclosure my skin and hair are becoming oilier due to hormone levels.

I put off trying daddy-o because the name creeped me out but I love this shampoo! I have patches of psoriasis on either side at the back of my head, nothing (even nasty pharmacy tar crud) got rid of it. Three washes with Daddy-o over ten days and it was much smoother with no sores! No flakes! My hair smells clean and lemony violet fresh, super shiny (my partner commented on it, AND his brother, didn't know I wasn't so shiny to begin with but ok) and the virgin length and processed ends were soft and manageable.
I don't really need a conditioner with this but have got Veganese (the light lemony one) to go with it, and I purchased Sugar Daddy-o solid conditioner to keep my fried ends in check.
I really only apply to my roots, have a good scrub with my finger tips and rinse out because I do think it could dry or over-tone (it's very pigmented, very purple) if you leave it in too long. I've done a lot of experimenting with tones and the trick for me really is getting a product that magically suits you. Lucky for me and my natural colour Daddy-o suits me perfectly. My virgin hair can be too ashy or too brassy but daddy-o strikes a good balance if I use it every few days. I'll buy a middle sized 250ml bottle next time because it really lathers and is quite runny so a little goes a long way. The 100ml size I've got isn't very economical and 500ml is a big commitment for me. Saying that it'd make a great body wash!

on 7/1/2010 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

it might be good for blonde hair..but it's really drying, it makes my hair so tangled its not funny...not even the most powerful conditioner can fix it. terrible...