LUSH Daddyo shampoo

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
LUSH Daddyo shampoo
Daddyo shampooDaddyo shampoo

2.9

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

on 8/20/2016 11:20:00 PM

This stained my natural blonde (level 9) hair hot pink-- but only in places. Very splotchy and looked ridiculous! My stylist tried everything short of bleach to get the stain out but it wouldn't budge. I had to color my hair a level 3 dark brown to cover it! :(((

on 7/21/2014 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

After trying other brands of purple shampoo and them falling short, I stumbled on this Lush shampoo. They had a small bottle for only 10$ so I was happy to give this a try. I am not the biggest fan of Lush hair products as I have tried a couple and they have failed miserably.

This shampoo has a nauseating smell, a cross between flowers and old spice. Mixed together, terrible combination.

The shampoo did lather well but I didn't notice much in terms of the toning . To top off the repulsive smell, this shampoo made me break out unlike any time ever. There were pimples in my hair line and on my forehead. I will not be giving this shampoo a second chance. Stay away from this shampoo if you are acne prone or sensitive. Such a disappointment.

on 7/21/2014 10:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is an ok shampoo - it cleans really well, maybe a bit too much. I use it more as a clarifying shampoo as it can be drying.

I'm not sure on the toning effects as I don't use it for that purpose.

on 5/25/2014 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this shampoo for my highlighted hair(copper) to prevent it from being brassy. Apparently, you have to lather and leave the shampoo in your hair for about 3 to 5 minutes and rinse it to to ensure that the colour in your hair doesn't go brassy.

I have used for weeks and i don't see it doing anything to stop my hair from looking rusty but it does keep my hair clean. So i suppose this shampoo is just like any other shampoo;there's nothing special about it.

on 12/26/2013 9:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This product is okay it leaves my hair really clean but doesn't dry it out. I was told in the store that it makes hair a bit lighter which I think it does as my friend used it repeatedly on the bottom half of her hair and it went a lot lighter after a couple of months however this product doesn't really stand out to much to me but would be perfect for someone with lighter hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The LUSH Daddy-O Shampoo is simply wonderful.
I bought this shampoo randomly as I was shopping at LUSH and was pretty much picking any products that caught my eye.
Daddy-O is a purple shampoo, which purple shampoos help tone brassiness in hair. Personally, I am a brunette, but I don't feel like it really matters as I really do not see a major difference in the loss of brassiness in my hair at all. Nonetheless, I don't really care that it doesn't remove brassiness all that well, because this shampoo is amazing at cleaning the hair effectively but at also leaving it with the perfect amount of moisture as well. It smells very unique; like lemons but also like this sweet floral scent as well. I can't put my hand on the exact smell, but it is definitely different than anything I have ever smelled before. It really grew on me the more I used it.
Lemon is the first ingredient in here and lemons are known to really brighten the hair, making it super shiny, which I definitely can tell.
I really recommend this shampoo to really any hair types, I feel like it would work well on oily hair just as well than on dry hair.

on 9/1/2013 11:50:00 PM

I've been using the shampoo for a couple of weeks. I found that using it on it's own doesn't make my hair feel very nice but if i mix it with my regular Tresemme anti-breakage shampoo i still get the benefits of a purple shampoo but with a toned down smell and cleaner feeling hair. I've gotten many compliments of how nice my hair smells and how bright and lovely the colour is. This one is a win for me!

on 8/25/2013 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

If this works for you, awesome. I wish it did anything for me other than induce a violent wave of frustration. want to like Lush as much as the rest of the world, but I can't help but feel that there "natural and all fresh" schtick is nothing more than a wordy pile of bullcrap. Yeah, their stuff smells good, but the cost of their products is ridonkulous, given that even the stuff they claim to be "gentle" contains high levels of irritants, and cheap ingredients.

The scent is headache inducing, but I can get over that if the product works.I've used this product here and there in the hopes that it would liven up my dirty blonde hair. I haven't seen a noticeable difference, because I've been able to consistently use this. Let a lone drying out my strands, this product causes rashes and pustules on my forehead. Sustained use is impossible; the thought of itchy, scratchy bumps sends me grabbing for my most gentle products.

Blah. I'm sick of Lush.

Just remember that natural does not mean better, and that no matter how natural they say they are, the ingredient list reveals their secrets.

After reading a few reviews I dont think I will be using this product again. I tried it today on my hair when I was showering and as I put it in and began washing it my hair felt really dry and not soft in any way shape or form. I thought maybe this would be due to it cleaning my hair really well? Then I used the American Cream conditioner to try and make my hair soft again. No hope. Im just worried about my hair falling out now like other reviews have said hopefully it dont. I dont see a change in my hair and wont be buying this again. Also, I dont particularly like the scent it is very sweet and gives you a headache.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

At first I disliked the scent. After a few uses I started to get us to and now really like it. I think most Lush products are that way.
I don't have blonde hair. I use this to keep my red tones from getting brassy. This leaves my hair soft, shiny and smelling of violets.
I even use this on my dog to keep her coat dry. However, it is only used on her about once a month if that as dogs need a more oily based shampoo.

I have an oily scalp with normal ends that can get dry if the wrong products are applied.