LUSH Daddyo shampoo

LUSH Daddyo shampoo
Daddyo shampooDaddyo shampoo

3.4

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

on 4/27/2010 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Don't hate on the smell. This stuff is THE BEST.

I have several purple shampoos. I pretty much exclusively use Aveda, their Blue Malva does NOT compare to Daddy O. This makes blonde / highlighted hair BLONDE. My hairdresser comments on my highlights when I come in to get them re - done.. she is like ' why are you here ?'. Well, if it covered up roots, then I'd be set.

I wash my hair with this, let the shampoo sit in my hair for a bit, rinse, condition. Its awesome. I sometimes mix it with other shampoos, its still great. Don't let the dark INKY INKY color get to you. Your hair won't turn purple. It will just look so awesome when you are done.

Don't worry about the price or the smell or anything. its all worth it when you see what it can do. Its amazing.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my ultimate push-pull product. It is insanely expensive and smells like rancid violets neglected to rot in the crook of Satan's bowels, but it is hands-down THE best color maintenance shampoo I have ever tried. Better than Artec, better than TiGi, better than John Frieda. My hair has been every shade of the rainbow, and every time I try to escape the costly, foul-stenched grasp of Daddy-O, he reels me back in with his sweet sweet promises of good-looking color. And he delivers.

on 5/31/2011 7:33:00 PM

This shampoo is amazing! It's the best shampoo I have ever tried - and I have tried redken, joico and matrix amplify to get some volume into my fine straight hair. It leaves my hair shiny and so full of body! And another HUGE plus is that the greys I have look vivid and my blond highlights just look... well... wow!!
I was looking for a purple shampoo to tone down the brassiness in my color-treated light brown hair and I didn't hold out much hope for this one (got it as a sample) because I was a bit of a brand name snob maybe ;) But from the first wash the brassiness was neutralized and I was won over by the body, shine and wow-factor of my hair afterwards!
So I bought the largest size bottle of Daddy-O I could get, and that way it is certainly cost-effective. It's been 5 months of heavy use and I'm only through about a fifth of the bottle. It smells like violets which to me personally is ok; at least it's not a scent which lingers on my hair afterwards. I also use Lush's R&B finishing butter on my ends (ONLY on my ends as it is very rich) and well that one smells fabulous! (I'm just waiting for Lush to bottle that scent in a perfume or something!!)

on 9/23/2010 11:09:00 PM

even though this is super duper fantasticly amazing on blondes and greys, this worked wonders for my brown hair. i really wanted to lighten my hair naturally, and wow this works. like, seriously. i found that because LUSH's hair care contain no silicons etc, when you use any LUSH shampoos or conditioners, your colour has nothing to hold on to (if you have dyed hair). and therefore fades or washes out as much as possible, really fast. which is spectacular if you were in my situation. my dyed ugly dark brown hair is now back to its natural colour with awesome highlights(: yey ilovelLUSH !!

on 10/1/2006 9:13:00 PM

Warning: The extreme colour (FD&C Blue) in this product has caused an extreme allergic reaction in my skin. If you are going to use this product, please do so on alternate days.

I used to love this shampoo and was devastated when I couldn't get buy it in New Zealand anymore. So on a recent trip to Boston I bought a big bottle. I used it every day for two weeks and then the itching started, and the rash, and then the pustules formed - hundreds of them all over my face neck and chest.

I have never had a reaction like this to anything before. This shampoo is fantastic for hair but not for your body. I have since found out that FD&C Blue is a carcinogenic colourant.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Boy oh boy - this stuff is drying. Just look at the first ingredient - lemon juice! Pah! After using this for about a month, I wouldn't touch this stuff with a ten foot pole. No, actually, that's a lie. The scent of this concoction is heavenly - I wish that I could wear it as a perfume. The smell stayed in my hair for the first day or so, and you had to dig your nose into my hair to smell it. Like, really burrow your nose in there, like a dog looking for its lost bone. It's liquid perfection - if you like violets, that is!

I won't indulge you as to what horrors my hair has borne witness to - all that you need to know is that it's broken and brassy. Very brassy. No matter how many ash brown hair dyes I smother onto my hair, an orange hue will find a way to shine through. It will eat away at the hair dye, robbing me of my money, and return to its brassy glory, with tints of yellow, orange and red. Truly a sight to behold, if you like brittle, metallic hair.

I brought this shampoo online, and after being captivated by its scent, walked in a dreamlike daze to the bathroom to wash my deprived locks. For the last month I had been squeezing out a little bit, lathering it up and working it into my scalp, and the bulk of my hair. The lather isn't the greatest, which is irritating, but I was expecting that.

Fast forward, I had to wait longer than usual for my hair to dry. I used this in conjunction with Retread by Lush, which is supposed to be a triple strength conditioner. Lies. The first thing that I noticed was that my hair was incredibly stiff and dry - no moisture or luster to it whatsoever. I pin the blame of that on the shampoo, after reading about similar experiences online. On top of that, there was no difference to the colour of my hair. I wasn't expecting a big change, but after using it for a month and asking for other opinions and looking at photos, I came to the conclusion that this shampoo had done nada for me. Nada. I reckon that is product will either be a hit or a miss for customers - I view my experience as a miss, if it isn't obvious!

If you're on the fence about this product, and I was there, I would be hauling you by the ankles over onto the 'DO NOT BUY' side. If other purple shampoos have worked for you in the past, then perhaps consider this. As for me, this was my first one and it had no effect on my hair other than sucking out all moisture - perhaps my hair was too damaged for it to work properly. If your hair is seriously damaged, like mine, then it will probably be a waste of money.

If you're still iffy about this, get a sample! I regret not getting one. A lot. Maybe it'll be your holy grail product, or maybe it'll end up sitting on your shelf, having its lid twisted open every now and then to let the scent out, alongside your deep sighs as you stare down in anguish at your broken, brassy hair.

on 12/2/2015 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I looked at reviews before buying this product and then asked about it to the girl at lush, i bought the small bottle to try it, i have processed hair and i was looking for a purple/blue shampoo to get the brassy tones out without damaging the hair even more.

The product smells really good, it has a fresh fruity smell and the texture is runny so you can apply it pretty well, it's easy to wash and pretty good to clean off of the skin (unlike other purple shampoos), overall i liked it at first sight.

Which surprised me was that it was a warmer violet color than other purple shampoos i've tried, i left it for five minutes the first time i used it and then rinsed it off, my hair had turned an orangy blonde, not so brassy but not a colder tone as i wanted and expected, i really hated it because it looked like a washed out pink/orange color.

I've also tried leaving the shampoo for just one minute but it still doesn't get the yellow undertones out it just masks them with a pinkier tone.

Also it's a very drying product, if it's useful to you colorwise i still wouldn't recommend using it every time you wash your hair (one time a week tops), unless your hair is really really oily and healthy you will have to use a mask afterwards.

I was even more surprised a few weeks later when a friend of mine gave me a lush mask as a gift and a free sample of daddy'o, i looked at the shampoo and it was blue, i compared it to the one i had at home and they were completely different colors, this one was way colder, i tried it on a strand of my hair and it worked really well, just like i expected it to do the first time i tried the product.

So.. I don't know if the girl from lush made a mistake, if the color changes depending of the batch they make or what but the product is way too expensive for this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've never really bought into 'Colour Depositing' or 'Colour Brightening' shampoos and treatments, though I've experimented with a few. I have colour-treated hair, single-processed - I'm naturally a medium, strawberry-blonde shade and I currently dye it to a golden-toned, light blonde. I couldn't tell you what bleach it is, but I usually stick with Paul Mitchell's shampoo & conditioner for colour-treated hair, and my colour generally stays pretty true. My stylist does tone it 2-3 times per year/every 4 months if it looks a little brassy.

I've only tried out LUSH's Marilyn and (breifly) Tres Emme's Shampoo & Conditioner for Blonde hair. I wasn't impressed with any of these products, but decided on a whim to buy the smallest size; 100mL bottle of DaddyO. While I don't notice this lightening my hair colour, I do notice it leaves it looking very bright and shiny - refreshed, if you will. I'm also extremely glad that this is in a bottle. While I can applaud LUSH's comittment to the environment, the idea of using the solid bar shampoos kind of skeeves me out with my oily scalp.

My biggest complaint with this shampoo is not the smell - the smell (very violet, I also detect a bit of licorice and cinnamon) is neither here nor there for me, and while I notice it in the shower, I do not notice it in my hair once it's dry or after conditioning. It's not like a nice vanilla smell, it takes some getting used to, but I don't think it's a dealbreaker by any means, and it didn't bother me as much as it does some of the users on here.

My biggest issue is the fact that I don't feel like this leaves my hair or scalp clean. My hair is naturally quite fine (though I have lots of hair. Apparently.) with an oily-ish scalp, and dry ends. I do wash it during the work/school week, 4 out of 5 days at least. While this lathers up quite well, it does not leave my hair with the squeaky-clean feeling I'm used to. Because of this, I do not use this as my everyday shampoo - I use this a couple of times a week, and find it keeps my hair looking very baby-blonde, bright, and shiny. So, for me it is a winner.

Price-wise, it is spendy. It's around $26 before for the 500mL here, and it costs me around $30 for the Paul Mitchell Shampoo for a full 1L with taxes. It's a little expensive dollar per mL, but the 100mL bottle I bought at the beginning of April is still around 1/4 full. I gave it a Three because this does last me a long time as I use it when I want a spring in my step, but for an everyday shampoo, it ranks closer to a Four on price.

I will definately rebuy, and am definately planning on picking up the largest bottle this week.

on 5/12/2017 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

DO NOT USE IF YOU'RE PLATINUM BLONDE

Absolutely horrible if you're platinum. The undertone is red, not blue - I have VERY platinum hair, and this dyed it pink. I'm so irritated. The sales girl at lush, who said she's a hair stylist, recommended this for toning after I ran out of my usual J.beverly hills blue/purple toning shampoo. BIG MISTAKE. I will never use this again.

Maybe good for brunettes or red-heads... NOT for girls who are platinum.

I went into Lush yesterday and one of the sales girls was telling me how great my blonde looked on me and really recommended Daddy-O. I have used other brands purple shampoos and they worked great, so I gave it a go. My hair was very blonde because I had done silver/ grey hair about a month ago. Before I bought the product the girl had given me a demo and it smelled great, looked great, the whole deal. She told me how to use it and it was just like any other purple shampoo you just wash your hair with it or leave it in for about 5-10 minutes then wash out. When I got home I got in the shower and used it just as the girl and bottle said. I evenly distributed the product all over my head and it looked very purple just as in the bottle. Within 1-2 minutes I checked my hair and the product looked pink. I looked at my ends and tried to rub the product out and it wouldn't come off. I immediately washed the rest out of my hair and looked in the mirror. My hair was the ugliest shades of pink. It looked like I had faded out pink hair, not even a good pink. I was so pissed. If I wanted pink hair I would have dyed my hair pink. I hopped back in the shower and washed my hair honestly maybe 10 times. When I got most of the pink out I let my hair dry and noticed that my hair was 20x's brassier than it was to start with. It left my hair feeling dry as if I had just bleached it again. I don't know if I should try it again, but in the wash out meathod. From this experience I would not reccomend to anyone of you have a processed blonde.