LUSH Daddyo shampoo

LUSH Daddyo shampoo
Daddyo shampooDaddyo shampoo

3.4

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

on 9/20/2003 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I ran out of my Avon brightening shampoo (which is discontinued now) and just about that time, Lush came out with Daddyo. Well after reading the Times and Lush Forum, I decided Daddyo was a must have. Well it is great! I gave it all 5's because while it is a great product, it is very expensive! At 7 for 250ml, it costs as least as much as some salon brands! No essential oils in it (unless you count the violet leaf absolu), and LOTS of perfume and color, but it really does brighten well! For blonde hair that is gleaming like rays of sunshine, this stuff is all you need!

on 1/7/2004 3:23:00 AM

This shampoo smells amazing- I gave it points on smell alone, and would probably buy again based solely on scent. Unfortunately, I don't think it works all that well- leaves my hair dry and tangled. That said, the amazing deep violet scent is really to die for, and I still use Daddyo sometimes with a superstrong conditioner afterwards.

on 2/21/2004 1:35:00 AM

This is a decent shampoo that lathers well (and you only need a small amount). However, I'd have to say that the smell really puts me off...I dunno why, but it just reminds me of a funeral parlour laden with wreaths or something (sorry to sound so morbid). Doesn't dry out my hair at all. If anything, my hair starts getting a little limp and oily by the end of the day. Not something I'd take travelling either - I'd be so paranoid that it'd spill and all my stuff would be bright purple :P Don't mean to sound like I'm writing it off completely, it is a good shampoo but just not for me.

on 3/5/2004 4:57:00 PM

I liked this shampoo - alot. It is supposed to be for grey/blondes to give them super shiny clean hair, but hey my auburn hair wants to be super shiny and clean too. Love the smell and purple color is fun.

This is one of those products that stinks to be in the bottle but smells fabulous on my hair. I like the bright purple color and smell. A little bit of this stuff goes a long way. I don't think that it leaves my blonde hair brighter :-(

on 1/8/2005 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Off all the LUSH shampoo's I've tired (and I've tried them all) this is one of my favorites. I've heard many don't like the smell but I love it. Even though I use a lot if it per use it still has lasted me a long time. I don't know if it has made my hair more blond or not. My mom has always said I was a dark blonde and I alwasys said I was a light brown. Now I agree with her. But that may also have to do with the fact that my highlights are finally growing out. Of all the LUSH shampoo's this and BIG may be the only one's I'll buy again. If the price were lower I could say for sure that I would get this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I wanted this shampoo to do what it says it does so very much. I'm a natural platinum blonde and my hair darkens and turns orange (sometimes pink) in the winter, especially on the underside where the sun doesn't hit. I bought DaddyO hoping it would cut a lot of the brassiness I get in the winter. It's a pretty color and it doesn't smell too bad, but it does nothing for my orange hair.

on 2/13/2006 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have a lot of "platinum" (who said GREY!) hair. Actually I don't have a problem with "yellowing" but decided to try a sample of this just to check it out. There was absolutely NO foam/bubbles/lather . . . like putting lotion on your wet head & smearing it around. My hair was not brighter afterwards. It WAS more flat & droopy than normal - like I'd washed my hair with lotion. Never again. Glad I decided to sample first.

Thank you Lush for making this lovely purple, thick shampoo! It's meant for blonde/grey hair, but my hair is brown/red... Don't let the label fool you and try it!
It has this lovely, violet scent and makes this rich, creamy and purple lather! It makes my hair very shiny and does a nice detangling job.
A staple!

on 4/3/2006 1:54:00 PM

basically this shampoo did nothing for me- i dont think it hurt my colored blonde hair any but it certainly didnt make it bright and shiny. the biggest thing though is that the scent is AWFUL. maybe i got a bad bottle but it smells like werid chemical cough syrup or something. i had no idea it was supposed to be violet until reading it on here! i cant bring myself to use it again because it is literally the worst smelling product i have ever used!

Popular Shampoos