LUSH Daddyo shampoo

Filtered by age: 36-43
LUSH Daddyo shampoo
Daddyo shampooDaddyo shampoo

2.9

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

on 12/30/2016 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

There are better purple shampoos on the market. While it did tone my brassiness a bit, the smell is a turn off. It's also very drying and my hair just soaks up the conditioner after I've used this. My hair has been extra dry and frizzy since I started using this, so I don't really think the positives outweigh the negatives on this one.

on 12/20/2014 12:55:00 PM

My hair is naturally medium/dark brown and I use Body Art Quality henna on it to tint the grays (I'm about 5%-10% gray). Body Art Quality Henna is potent stuff, darkening your hair with red tones, and the color you get depends on what color your hair is to start with. My hair, since it's brown, tends to go auburn, which does not look good on me, so I mix the henna with cassia for a more coppery, natural looking color. However, this can turn the grays a little too orange-y, so I've been looking at color shampoos to try to remedy this.

Daddy-o is probably the 4th color shampoo I gave tried. It's bright purple in color, and comes in 3 sizes. I bought the 3.3 ounce size, which costs about $10. It's runny, but easy enough to manage if you just dip your fingers into it after you pour it into the palm of the opposite hand. It spreads easily, and I do not have issues with lathering, but I do use a different shampoo on the first wash, so that helps. The directions don't say to leave it in, but I leave it in for about a minute. It rinses fine, and I use a conditioner from another company and my hair detangles easily, but this doesn't tangle my hair too much to begin with. After drying, my hair is soft and shiny, and the bright orange/ red tones are toned down a little to give me a pretty, shiny brown. The effect is very subtle.

I do like this shampoo very much. To me it smells like a spicy floral 80s shampoo, not exactly like violet. Maybe a hint of violet? I asked my husband and he says he does not smell violet, just "clean hair". The smell is strong, so I would recommend smelling it in the store before buying. I think it smells better than Clairol Shimmer Lights, and I don't get the shedding and tangling like I do from sulfate free ones, like Tressa Watercolors or Claypac. It's expensive, and if you decide to go with a bigger bottle or you don't think you will use it within 6 months or so, I would recommend keeping it in the fridge since Lush products tend to go rancid before the expiration dates, I have found. Overall, I really like this shampoo.

I purchased this shampoo after a Lush sales associate recommended this for my hair type. For reference I have colored my hair a medium blonde and my hair is med in thickness with natural wave. I don't mind the smell of this nor the price, I will spend extra money for hair products if they work. I got this in October and the bottle now is just under half full so it does last me a while however it has damaged my hair. I've had 2 haircuts since I started using this and in Nov. Had to have 1/2 an inch cut off from dry ends and when I just went to have another trim had to have a inch cut off. My hair dresser has been cutting my hair for yrs and was shocked with the condition of my hair. So I purchased some new shampoo and my hair already is looking better even my husband has mentioned it is looking better and not as dry. I'm sad this didn't work out for me as I am in love with Lush's body and bath products but the hair products just haven't worked out for me.

on 3/28/2012 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Be mindful that daily use of Daddy-O can make your scalp itchy and maybe a little sore. I found it to be somewhat drying to my scalp and I have oily roots. It does a good job with blonde hair toning down brassiness, but honestly there are cheaper violet shampoo's out there that would do the same thing. Ask for a sample before you splurge on the full size.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This is one pigmented purple shampoo ~~ near the ranks of Joico and AG. However it left my long, fine beige blonde hair stiff and lifeless. And I listened to previous reviewers and used a Deep Conditioning Treatment after I rinsed...so the dryness/stiffness is beyond odd. I liked the scent (kinda earthy) and the pigmentation, however the way it left my hair is just too bad. I won't repurchase.

on 4/27/2010 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Don't hate on the smell. This stuff is THE BEST.

I have several purple shampoos. I pretty much exclusively use Aveda, their Blue Malva does NOT compare to Daddy O. This makes blonde / highlighted hair BLONDE. My hairdresser comments on my highlights when I come in to get them re - done.. she is like ' why are you here ?'. Well, if it covered up roots, then I'd be set.

I wash my hair with this, let the shampoo sit in my hair for a bit, rinse, condition. Its awesome. I sometimes mix it with other shampoos, its still great. Don't let the dark INKY INKY color get to you. Your hair won't turn purple. It will just look so awesome when you are done.

Don't worry about the price or the smell or anything. its all worth it when you see what it can do. Its amazing.

on 5/24/2009 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this shampoo to tone down the brassiness that my dyed blonde hair is prone to and although I love the scent and the lathering and cleansing of it I found it made my fine hair much too soft and floppy for my liking.
However I told my husband to use it as it would make his dark hair shiny and he now refuses to use anything else.He notices that if he runs out of it he gets dandruff and enjoys me snuggling up to him to smell his lovely hair lol!

on 10/1/2006 9:13:00 PM

Warning: The extreme colour (FD&C Blue) in this product has caused an extreme allergic reaction in my skin. If you are going to use this product, please do so on alternate days.

I used to love this shampoo and was devastated when I couldn't get buy it in New Zealand anymore. So on a recent trip to Boston I bought a big bottle. I used it every day for two weeks and then the itching started, and the rash, and then the pustules formed - hundreds of them all over my face neck and chest.

I have never had a reaction like this to anything before. This shampoo is fantastic for hair but not for your body. I have since found out that FD&C Blue is a carcinogenic colourant.