LUSH Daddyo shampoo

Filtered by age: 30-35
LUSH Daddyo shampoo
Daddyo shampooDaddyo shampoo

3.6

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

on 5/12/2017 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

DO NOT USE IF YOU'RE PLATINUM BLONDE

Absolutely horrible if you're platinum. The undertone is red, not blue - I have VERY platinum hair, and this dyed it pink. I'm so irritated. The sales girl at lush, who said she's a hair stylist, recommended this for toning after I ran out of my usual J.beverly hills blue/purple toning shampoo. BIG MISTAKE. I will never use this again.

Maybe good for brunettes or red-heads... NOT for girls who are platinum.

on 8/2/2016 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I didn't leave it on even for 5 minutes and it turned my hair into a nasty pink/violetish colour. Couldn't wash it off completely even after 6 washes. Avoid.

on 9/15/2014 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

An employee at Lush recommended me Daddy-O to tone down the brassiness in my blind hair. The packaging is pretty and it's nice they offer three size bottles. I found it ridiculously priced though. I'm sorry but $30 for a large bottle of shampoo is pretty steep for me. It does have a strong floral scent which I find refreshing. The first time I used it, my hair felt softer, silkier and the brassy tones were diminished. The only downfall is that I can only use it once every couple weeks. I have discovered that using it every other days made my hair coarse and dried out. Other than that, I do enjoy this Lush Shampoo but only in small moderations.

on 4/30/2012 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Got a sample of this at Lush (sample lasts for 3 times, so usually I try shampoos before, they are really expensive at Lush!) as any Lush shampoo, the smell is horrible (not the worst of them). The color might seem scary at first (bright purple, all shower was splashed with purple foam and water) but it washes out and does not leave any stains.
I loved the result a lot, my golden highlights were lighter and so very shiny, I was really impresed.
However, the down sides - price, smell and it could be more moisturizing. My hair is really dry, little damaged, so I have to choose another shampoo. However, this is great shampoo for anyone who wants lighter, shiny hair.

on 5/31/2011 7:33:00 PM

This shampoo is amazing! It's the best shampoo I have ever tried - and I have tried redken, joico and matrix amplify to get some volume into my fine straight hair. It leaves my hair shiny and so full of body! And another HUGE plus is that the greys I have look vivid and my blond highlights just look... well... wow!!
I was looking for a purple shampoo to tone down the brassiness in my color-treated light brown hair and I didn't hold out much hope for this one (got it as a sample) because I was a bit of a brand name snob maybe ;) But from the first wash the brassiness was neutralized and I was won over by the body, shine and wow-factor of my hair afterwards!
So I bought the largest size bottle of Daddy-O I could get, and that way it is certainly cost-effective. It's been 5 months of heavy use and I'm only through about a fifth of the bottle. It smells like violets which to me personally is ok; at least it's not a scent which lingers on my hair afterwards. I also use Lush's R&B finishing butter on my ends (ONLY on my ends as it is very rich) and well that one smells fabulous! (I'm just waiting for Lush to bottle that scent in a perfume or something!!)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

At first I disliked the scent. After a few uses I started to get us to and now really like it. I think most Lush products are that way.
I don't have blonde hair. I use this to keep my red tones from getting brassy. This leaves my hair soft, shiny and smelling of violets.
I even use this on my dog to keep her coat dry. However, it is only used on her about once a month if that as dogs need a more oily based shampoo.

I have an oily scalp with normal ends that can get dry if the wrong products are applied.

Like most colour depositing shampoos, this is an ocassional use product. It's very mild and has an inky violet scent, which I really like. It is only really useful for bringing out highlights or making your blonde hair blonder. My SO has light brown hair and it brought out blonde highlights that I didn't know he had. Strangely enough, you don't even have to have blonde or light brown hair to use Daddyo. I am Asian (Chinese) with dark hair and I sometimes have natural brown highlights, particularly in the summer. This shampoo made my highlights blonde and oddly enough, it made my greys softer.

Added later: this shampoo, like most LUSH shampoos, really dries out my hair.

on 9/4/2010 12:27:00 AM

This product is amazing for toning your blonde hair- keeping the brassy tones at bay, but what it is not good for is soft, silky hair. This shampoo is very drying so be sure to use a really good moisturizing conditioner afterwards- which blondes should be using anyway.

I would buy this product again and would recommend it as well, but with the above warning.

I bought this for the smell. I adore violet scented products, and there don't seem to be many of them around that aren't overly sweet and candy-like. It's a very green/herbal twist on violets, and it lingers in the hair for a while, even after it's dry.

Unfortunately, after using about 2/3 of the small bottle, I've come to the conclusion that it is just too drying for me. My ends feel crispy and tangly, and my scalp is kind of itchy. This may be more of a symptom of not using the right conditioner, but with other shampoos (and the same conditioner) I didn't have this problem.

I tried it as body wash today, and between the drying ingredients and the herbal extracts, my skin was itchy and inflamed. I guess this goes in the lingerie-soaking bucket from now on.

At least my bras will smell nice :)

on 11/5/2009 10:06:00 PM

I'm a brunette with straight hair, but troubled with insane flyaways. I have been using Lush's Daddy'O shampoo followed by their Coolaulin conditioner for the past few years & it works great as a daily. Keeps a good shine & keeps my frizz factor down. For the past 6 months I've been using other things & I swear my hair all but died. I finally got a clue the other day & went back to my magical combo & my hair came snapping back to life. My coworkers asked what I'd done, so it wasn't my imagination. I'm not going to stray again!!!! Being cheap doesn't help my cause!