LUSH Daddyo shampoo

Filtered by age: 25-29
LUSH Daddyo shampoo
Daddyo shampooDaddyo shampoo

3.9

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

on 11/17/2017 11:06:00 AM

I love this! Really nice product, I'm pretty blonde (dyed), I use this once a week, it gets rid of the brassiness and makes me look even blonder!!
The trick with this is wash in and wash out pretty much immediately, as it contains pretty natural dyes it could colour your highlighted or natural hair if left on for too long!
I really like the smell of this too, only thing is that it is pretty pricey the smallest bottle is $11 Canadian but considering I only use it once a week I can get over it!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

I had dark brown that was also dyed a darker brown.. i wanted to go lighter and my hair turned a comically orange color.. despite the fact that the hairdresser put toner in.. this purple shampoo is stronger than i thought.. it really helped cut the brass.. however, if you are putting it on dry hair it stains your hands purple.. make sure to wash them. I really thought it wasnt going to work but I am very pleased with this shampoo and the smell is very strong.. however i love the smell.. like lilacs..

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My hair is short mostly virgin blonde, thin but lots of it. I wash it every day. Full disclosure my skin and hair are becoming oilier due to hormone levels.

I put off trying daddy-o because the name creeped me out but I love this shampoo! I have patches of psoriasis on either side at the back of my head, nothing (even nasty pharmacy tar crud) got rid of it. Three washes with Daddy-o over ten days and it was much smoother with no sores! No flakes! My hair smells clean and lemony violet fresh, super shiny (my partner commented on it, AND his brother, didn't know I wasn't so shiny to begin with but ok) and the virgin length and processed ends were soft and manageable.
I don't really need a conditioner with this but have got Veganese (the light lemony one) to go with it, and I purchased Sugar Daddy-o solid conditioner to keep my fried ends in check.
I really only apply to my roots, have a good scrub with my finger tips and rinse out because I do think it could dry or over-tone (it's very pigmented, very purple) if you leave it in too long. I've done a lot of experimenting with tones and the trick for me really is getting a product that magically suits you. Lucky for me and my natural colour Daddy-o suits me perfectly. My virgin hair can be too ashy or too brassy but daddy-o strikes a good balance if I use it every few days. I'll buy a middle sized 250ml bottle next time because it really lathers and is quite runny so a little goes a long way. The 100ml size I've got isn't very economical and 500ml is a big commitment for me. Saying that it'd make a great body wash!

on 5/19/2015 6:36:00 PM

i actually used this shampoo once when traveling with a friend who has blond hair and i forgot my shampoo and used this
as i am a brunette, i nvr thought of getting this shampoo
but after using it i went and bought me a bottle
it made my hair shiny and soft

on 1/14/2015 5:12:00 AM

I would be devastated if this product was ever discontinued! I stopped dying my hair blonde a few years ago and let it all grow out to natural and this stuff just makes my hair shine :) I mean really shine. It brings out all the natural tones of the hair. I can see natural blonde streaks that I used to have when I was little. Makes my hair look really healthy and shiny and seems to keep the greasy feeling away. You only need a little bit as a little goes a long way.

on 7/21/2014 10:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is an ok shampoo - it cleans really well, maybe a bit too much. I use it more as a clarifying shampoo as it can be drying.

I'm not sure on the toning effects as I don't use it for that purpose.

on 5/25/2014 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this shampoo for my highlighted hair(copper) to prevent it from being brassy. Apparently, you have to lather and leave the shampoo in your hair for about 3 to 5 minutes and rinse it to to ensure that the colour in your hair doesn't go brassy.

I have used for weeks and i don't see it doing anything to stop my hair from looking rusty but it does keep my hair clean. So i suppose this shampoo is just like any other shampoo;there's nothing special about it.

I used this three times before giving it away. It's just to drying for my hair. Even with a powerful conditioner it was leaving my ends fryed. I didn't wait around to see if it helped my hair with color.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely adore the smell of violets and that's why I keep buying this stuff from time to time. Unfortunately the violet scent is replaced by a weird hairspray type smell when hair is dry which I why I dropped a lippy. Very yummy in the bottle tho!

on 9/14/2010 1:54:00 AM

When I bought this shampoo my hair was a medium chestnut brown, I felt it was looking a little drab and moussey with a little bit of yellow a tinge to it, so even though this shampoo is made for blond grey hair I wanted to try it. The sales girl promised me that it would not lighten my hair, but would bring out my natural red tone highlights and make my hair really shiny, so I bought it. It did make my hair very shiny and did bring out some of my natural brown and red highlights and took away the yellowish tinge. I didn't use it for a very long time, it eventually expired, the expirey date on the bottle was in 2009! I called the store and they said it would be fine to use still.

Anyway, I forgot I had this and decided to try it again on my hair. My hair is now box dyed black from Nice n Easy. I tried this on my black hair and loooooooooove the results, wow! My hair has NEVER been soooo freaking SHINY! love this shampoo for the results, but HATE the hippie scent it leaves in my hair! This did not lighten my hair, just brightened my color, it actually looks like I just colored my hair, and trust me I am way overdue, my color was starting to look drab, but this shampoo together with Veganese conditioner left my color looking fresh, shiny and brand new!

I have a friend who is a blond and she used this shampoo for a few days and it did lighten her hair, I asked her if she got highlights, she said no, just been using Daddyo for a week! Huge difference in her color-wow!

Great quality product but don't care for the scent.

Popular Shampoos