LUSH Daddyo shampoo

Filtered by age: 19-24
LUSH Daddyo shampoo
Daddyo shampooDaddyo shampoo

3.6

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

on 1/16/2016 11:26:00 PM

I'm giving this product 4 stars because it does do what it promises to. I have dyed ash brown hair with ash highlights, and brassy tones do come out often which is irritating. After the first wash, my hair did look less brassy which I am extremely pleased with, but it also dried my hair out quite a bit and I noticed some white flakes on the top of my head, which I don't usually have. I would recommend this product if you need to combat brassy hair (and it smells divine) but only once a week, and you need a lot of conditioner afterwards.

on 12/2/2015 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I looked at reviews before buying this product and then asked about it to the girl at lush, i bought the small bottle to try it, i have processed hair and i was looking for a purple/blue shampoo to get the brassy tones out without damaging the hair even more.

The product smells really good, it has a fresh fruity smell and the texture is runny so you can apply it pretty well, it's easy to wash and pretty good to clean off of the skin (unlike other purple shampoos), overall i liked it at first sight.

Which surprised me was that it was a warmer violet color than other purple shampoos i've tried, i left it for five minutes the first time i used it and then rinsed it off, my hair had turned an orangy blonde, not so brassy but not a colder tone as i wanted and expected, i really hated it because it looked like a washed out pink/orange color.

I've also tried leaving the shampoo for just one minute but it still doesn't get the yellow undertones out it just masks them with a pinkier tone.

Also it's a very drying product, if it's useful to you colorwise i still wouldn't recommend using it every time you wash your hair (one time a week tops), unless your hair is really really oily and healthy you will have to use a mask afterwards.

I was even more surprised a few weeks later when a friend of mine gave me a lush mask as a gift and a free sample of daddy'o, i looked at the shampoo and it was blue, i compared it to the one i had at home and they were completely different colors, this one was way colder, i tried it on a strand of my hair and it worked really well, just like i expected it to do the first time i tried the product.

So.. I don't know if the girl from lush made a mistake, if the color changes depending of the batch they make or what but the product is way too expensive for this.

on 7/26/2015 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

So i bought only the small size cuz tbh i didn't think it'll work as well as full of chemicals purple shampoos would and this is way better than most of chemically purple shampoos and smells delightfully

on 5/21/2015 10:32:00 PM

I do like this product as its smells lovely & it actually does help keep my hair bright, and the blonde ends of my hair untarnished.

However, I think for shampoo it's really expensive. It also gives me dandruff - which is very frustrating. Once you've washed your hair with it, your hair will feel really dry, like hay!!! I use American Cream conditioner after, which adds the moisture back in. Together for the pair I paid over 30 which I think is really expensive for shampoo and conditioner. Think I'll stick to the cheap stuff!

If you used this everyday it will dry out your hair like it did mine. After i went to my hairstylist and told her why my hair was so dry she told me use this shampoo once a week and leave it in your hair for 5 minutes then rinse. I'm on my second bottle, using it the right way now and im happy.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This product wrecked my hair. Seriously. My hair was damaged from bleaching before I used it, but it wasn't too bad. After a few washes, my hair was like straw! And that's with using a good conditioner and mask! The toning properties were terrible as well, they did nothing to counteract my yellowness.

I think this product would please someone who hasn't used many purple shampoos before, but I think I'll stick to higher end shampoos from now on. You can really tell the difference.

on 7/21/2014 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

After trying other brands of purple shampoo and them falling short, I stumbled on this Lush shampoo. They had a small bottle for only 10$ so I was happy to give this a try. I am not the biggest fan of Lush hair products as I have tried a couple and they have failed miserably.

This shampoo has a nauseating smell, a cross between flowers and old spice. Mixed together, terrible combination.

The shampoo did lather well but I didn't notice much in terms of the toning . To top off the repulsive smell, this shampoo made me break out unlike any time ever. There were pimples in my hair line and on my forehead. I will not be giving this shampoo a second chance. Stay away from this shampoo if you are acne prone or sensitive. Such a disappointment.

on 6/26/2014 3:30:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Since I bleached my hair ~2 months ago this has been the shampoo I've used. I used to use trichomania solid shampoo, but this was far too harsh for my new treated hair.
I leave it in for about 3 minutes and then rinse it out. It definitely helps with the brassiness, especially when used alongside a toner and/or purple conditioner.
It's quite a runny liquid so it usually ends up all over my shower! I always make sure to rinse it off the shower walls before I get out because I don't want to stain the walls.
The smell isn't as nice as some of the other Lush shampoos in my opinion, but I'm willing to sacrifice the nicer smells for a product that helps my hair. If you're not sure, definitely go in store and have a sniff first because it's a pretty strong smell!

on 12/27/2013 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I thought I'd try this out as I love Lush bath/shower products. I have naturally black hair and have been bleaching it blonde for the past 4 years. Been using this for a few months now and am not too pleased with the product. I find it actually very irritating to my scalp and it has even caused my scalp to become dry and flaky. For a purple shampoo it does tone, but I have found many other purple shampoos with the same effect, without leaving my scalp so dry. Waiting till it runs out and will not use again....

on 9/1/2013 11:50:00 PM

I've been using the shampoo for a couple of weeks. I found that using it on it's own doesn't make my hair feel very nice but if i mix it with my regular Tresemme anti-breakage shampoo i still get the benefits of a purple shampoo but with a toned down smell and cleaner feeling hair. I've gotten many compliments of how nice my hair smells and how bright and lovely the colour is. This one is a win for me!