Phyto Phytobrush

2.9

on 4/17/2014 11:36:00 PM

No better or worse than any other shampoo I've tried. I used it with the baume and the Phyto 7 and 2 hours after washing and styling, my hair is still lifting off into orbit. Glad it was only a sample size

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Phyto, I use their shampoo, conditioner, styling cream, frizz lotion, etc. It has the lightest and best frizz products I have ever used. I bought a small size of Phytobrush to try the product.

Pros:
1) Light shampoo.
2) Helps dry out hair faster - I no longer have to use a hair brush, and directly blow dry and use flat iron instead of brushing piece by piece like before.
3) I straighten my hair but like to keep the front two long bang areas wavy. This shampoo helps hold that wavy style quite well, usually I have to spend more time flat ironing it a certain way.
4) I don't have to spend as much time flat ironing.

Cons:
1) It makes my hair rough/dry and straw-like. However, I use a dry-hair conditioner, and after doing my hair once I go out, my hair becomes smooth. It stays straw-like for the first 15-20 mins after doing my hair.
2) Sometimes it doesn't dry my hair as fast. I don't use Phyto styling cream with this and am wondering if the hair is good because I don't use the cream. Sometimes when I use flat iron directly without heat protective/styling cream, my hair stays silkier. In other words, I am not sure if the silkiness is due to this shampoo or other products/not using certain products. I cannot try this shampoo in isolation since I have to use conditioner.
3) I got the bottle in glass. Who sells shampoo in glass bottles anymore? It once slipped in the shower, and I was grateful that it didn't break!

Overall, I am confused about this product, but it does cut down time during blow drying and makes my hair set faster. I may buy it again.

To Read all 11 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/11/2010 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have fairly thick, very coarse, wavy hair. I bought this shampoo in a small travel pack to try it out. I was so excited to try it and had very high hopes, but it made my hair feel like straw. I even used it along with some conditioner that I really like and it didn't help.. still feels like straw. It doesn't make blow outs easier or nicer. My hair looks very frizzy and gross after the blow out and it takes a lot of straightening to get the frizz out. The only thing I like about this shampoo is it makes my hair and scalp feel squeaky clean in the shower.

on 4/1/2010 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I don't know why this shampoo is in Pville 3x but I'll post my review in all.
For reference, my hair is mostly straight but tends to wave at the bottom if layered. It's really thick and tends to get poufy/frizzy easily on the bottom but oily at the crown. Very hard to find a shampoo to treat both situations. I love all the Phyto shampoos I've tried - phytocitrus, phytolactum and phytobrush. They all leave me with fullness at the crown while being moisturizing enough on the ends. The phytocitrus leaves my hair the shiniest and the phytobrush the silkiest. The first time I used the phytobrush I wasn't that impressed but after a couple of uses my hair became so tame and silky. Been alternating this one with the phytocitrus. Phyto shampoos are cone-free but not sulfate-free. I used to think sulfates irritated my scalp and dried my hair, but these don't and my hair looks so much healthier since using them. Just a note - you need to leave Phyto shampoos in your hair a couple of mins before rinsing. It really does make a difference.

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I'm actually surprised that this product hasn't gotten higher ratings and I'm sorry that it didn't work for others. However, it has worked out marvelously for me! I have thick, coarse, frizzy hair and this worked wonders in smoothing out my hair. I'm glad that the Sephora salesgirl talked me into trying it. Particularly when I blow-dry my hair, it just straightens it out and I have found that I don't really need to flat-iron anymore, to get that same look. It also isn't too heavily scented. I have tried their other products before, like Phytonectar and Phytojojoba, and so far this is my favorite one.

on 11/5/2006 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This shampoo was marvelously smoothing for my fine, curly hair that I so desperately wish was staright. I went through the whole bottle (something I never do) but by the time I got to the end it didn't seem to be doing the trick anymore. I think probably it was just time for a change. I would buy this shampoo again, after a break from it. The glass bottle made me nervous that I was surely going to break it but I did not. In fact, I did drop it a time or two in the shower and nothing catastrophic happened. A note on use: leave it on a couple minutes before rinsing so the honey can do it's enzymatic work.

on 5/4/2006 8:59:00 AM

My hairdresser recommended this for my think long highlighted hair and well lets just say my hair feels awful. It has made my hair feel dry and brittle and not smooth at all. Many shampoos are so much better than this one. This is terrible, don't waste your money.

on 8/23/2004 8:31:00 AM

this shampoo came as part of a brush kit, supposedly good for blowing hair out straight. i have wavy hair and love the phytodefrisant, but this shampoo is the worst! made my hair dry, and when i blew it out straight it was poofy and frizzy. the glass bottle with the screw on cap is inconvenient too. don't waste your money!

on 6/30/2004 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have curly, dry hair and this shampoo left it a tangly mess which almost never happens with many other shampoos I've tried.. although the scent was nice and it added shine to my hair, I'm not sure if it did anything to combat the frizzies, I was put off by the "tangleness" to try it enough times. This product came in a glass bottle with a screw off cap which I found to be very inconvenient in the shower but it could easily be transferred elsewhere.

on 3/31/2004 4:50:00 PM

Very disappointed with this product. I thought this product was going to make my hair easier to manage/look better when blow drying. I was wrong. I've tried this twice and my hair looks brittle and frizzy as ever. Do not expect miracles with this if you have dry,frizzy fine hair!