Shu Uemura Eye Shadow

Shu Uemura Eye Shadow
Eye Shadow

4.7

ingredients: for matte:, ingredients , talc , calcium carbonate , zinc stearate , boron nitride , silica , phenyl trimethicone , neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate , lauroyl lysine , polymethyl methacrylate , squalane , simmondsia chinensis / jojoba seed oil , phytosteryl macadamiate , dimethicone , dipentaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate , polyglyceryl-2 triisostearate , octyldodecanol , octyldodecyl myristate , caprylic/capric/myristic/stearic triglyceride , methicone , tocopherol , canola / canola oil , phenoxyethanol , methylparaben , ethylparaben , propylparaben , butylparaben , , may contain: mica , ci 77891 / titanium dioxide , ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499 / iron oxides , ci 19140 / yellow 5 lake , ci 42090 / blue 1 lake , ci 73360 / red 30 , ci 75470 / carmine , ci 77007 / ultramarines , ci 77742 / manganese violet , ci 77288 / chromium oxide greens , ci 77289 / chromium hydroxide green , ci 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide

on 7/5/2017 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is review on several Shu Uemura eye shadows and palettes. (I live in Japan and bought all my Shu Uemura goods here over the last 8 years) Skip below for the latest eye shadow review.
First, I can't rave enough about the individual eye shadows. I have 7 of them in mostly mattes and they are very high quality. I wore some of them on my wedding day actually, which is a testament to how much I like them. They are smooth, very pigmented, and glide on nicely. Everything an eye shadow should be. I also like the fun color range.

Second, I bought a limited edition summer shimmer 5 mini color palette (2015) and I love that to bits as well. It's 4 metallic/shimmers in pink/purlple/gold/brown and 1 matte in bright orange. Again great all around!

Finally, last month (2017 May) I bought the 20 piece palette in Fresh Nudes and wow has the quality gone waaaay down. I can't even believe it is the same company that produced my beloved eyeshadows from before. I happily paid $120 (a good deal since individual shadows are $20 a piece) and I am very disappointed. They remind me of cheap drugstore eye shadows that need several coats for any pigmentation. They don't glide on, they need several touch ups to achieve any sort of deep color (even the darker browns!) and they flake too easily. Sadly, there are no returns in Japan so I'm stuck with my $120 mistake. It may be because this is a "value" palette per se but that shouldn't matter. Don't produce a product with lower standards... you've lost a customer. I won't be buying any She Uemura eye shadows again.

on 6/24/2014 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful range of colors, long staying power, blends beautifully. They are quite expensive, but they quality is really impressive, so I'll keep buying.

on 3/13/2014 1:10:00 PM

I cannot believe how much money I've spent on these eyeshadows. But they are really fine. I'm 47 yrs old so my eyelids are a little "crepey" (what a word), and I have to stick to neutral colors without a lot of sparkle. I have one quad in matte creams & browns and it is the bees knees. The mattes are incredibly subtle and blendable so you can do shading & contouring very nicely with them. Best of all, they don't make my eyelids look dry. They build up the eye drama without hitting you over the head. I have another quad in pearl colors, and these are gorgeous, but I think it looks most elegant to use these sparingly. Usually I just use one at a time, a wash of color on the lid with a little eyeliner. The packaging is smartyou can make your own quad combos & switch out colors as you see fit. But put it all togetherthe case and four shadowsand you're looking at spending 75 bucks! Crazy. Still, I would repurchase b/c these shadows never look tacky and they don't irritate my supersensitive eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Shu Uemura eyeshadows are the best! On my hooded eyes they last longer than MAC or any other eye shadows. The color range and finish are superb, the texture is great, it applies easily and beautifully. My absolute favorite is the red one. 5 lippies from me!

on 5/19/2013 3:50:00 AM

There're lots of colours to pick from. It's quite lasting, especially in humid Singapore and my rather oily eyelids. I don't use an eye shadow primer (I know I should) yet the colours still stay and they don't become patchy. However, I must say the colour intensity is not very strong. What looks really vibrant and intense in the palette doesn't translate when it's on the skin. Maybe a primer would have helped, I don't know. Nevertheless, I have a couple of colours from them.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Love the eyeshadows! It stays the whole day and even if i take a nap with it, it's still there!

Love the colors as some colors like MAC are too bold for me. The colors are just right and it can be used for work and also for evening dinners. The color on the palette does not seem nice, but once you put in on your eyes, it's just gorgeous!

My favourite eyeshadow of all time!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Nice colours and powder staying power is impressive !

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was not fan of the Shu Uemura blush because it never gave me the glow everybody were talking about but instead of the glow I got dry fake matte finish. But these (powder) shadows are another story. Using the same standard eye shadow base routine that I always use with all my shadows, I still get color disappearing or creasing with shadows, I never use UDPP though because I dont like it. BUT These shadows are vibrant and they stay that way! I love MAC shadows too but they arent as long lasting as these. These are the best shadows I have ever used. I never thought one shadow is better than another I always thought thats just a hype, but seriously, this shadow is not a hype, not for me.

on 4/24/2010 12:05:00 PM

Shu Uemura products are not cheap, but they are of superb quality. The color range and texture are just wonderful. Will continue to buy.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

These eyeshadows are true gems! While they would work great on any skin tone, I especially love them on my Asian skin tone. Even the browns and taupes stand out; they have a slight shimmer/sheen to them without being glittery, and really make my eyes pop. They go on smooth, and stay around, no doubt.

For colors I use daily or often, I splurged on these. Otherwise they're definitely too expensive for my budget.

Popular Eye Shadows